Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:26 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:26 AM #26 of 40
I've seen the previews and I think its a little too creepy for my tastes. Especially with the little girl saying "Do you want to play mister...?"

Sends shivers down my spine.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:58 AM #27 of 40
Yes that was awesome! Not scary, not a good story or anything like but it was just fucking violent and i loved it. I went in wanting to see people get fucked up and thats what i got =]. Horror fans who are looking for a gruesome fun time will love this for sure.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 02:10 AM #28 of 40
How could they not have Michael Berryman in it? Surely he deserves at least a cameo.

Most amazing jew boots

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:59 AM #29 of 40
Havent seen it myself but a friend of mine just saw it and said it was pretty disturbing. He loves horror stuff and gore and said the film delivered ALOT of gore and jump/shock scenes. One scene in particular
Spoiler:
where appearantly, the teenage daughter is raped while a bunch of other stuff is going on
really "disturbed" him. Needless to say, im intrested in seeing it now lol.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:46 AM #30 of 40
[00:47] Jesse: I just saw... The Hills Have Eyes.
[00:47] LeHah: The original or the remake
[00:47] Jesse: It may be, quite simply, the worst movie I've ever seen.
[00:48] Jesse: My brother says the original is much better than this was.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 12:46 AM #31 of 40
Originally Posted by Tokubetsu
Havent seen it myself but a friend of mine just saw it and said it was pretty disturbing. He loves horror stuff and gore and said the film delivered ALOT of gore and jump/shock scenes. One scene in particular
Spoiler:
where appearantly, the teenage daughter is raped while a bunch of other stuff is going on
really "disturbed" him. Needless to say, im intrested in seeing it now lol.

I'm probably going to try and see it tomorrow. The scene you described is indeed VERY disturbing,
Spoiler:
Being taken advantage of by a mutated human sounds just plain sick in my opinion
Also, when you have violence and gore, at least to the degree you are speaking of, the story usually isn't very impressive.

FELIPE NO
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:05 AM #32 of 40
I doubt she actually got (read spoilers). They were trying to go at it, but too much shit was distracting them. Movie wasnt up to Texas Chainsaw massacre quality.

Anyone else think the nerdy guy looked a little like Gordon Freeman. You know, when hes standing there with his boomstick covered in blood?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
joshi
be a man!

Member 1901

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:56 AM #33 of 40
that nerd guy was the biggest horror movie bad-ass since Ash. what a cool guy.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:00 PM #34 of 40
Lol me and my friend kept saying that during the movie, also the dog beasts needs best supporting actor award =]

There's nowhere I can't reach.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:56 AM #35 of 40
We had people cheering for the dog all through the movie. That dog was the only one that really kicked some ass.

How ya doing, buddy?
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:12 PM #36 of 40
A lot of discussion I've seen is around this compared to the self-touted horror juggernaut Hostel.

Seriously, for those who have seen both, which did you prefer? I aim this question specifically at those who think THHE (2006) is a bad film.

Most amazing jew boots
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 04:40 AM #37 of 40
Well i liked both but THHE is much better, i only liked Hostel for some of its humor and then the stuff at the end but THHE was better all around. It didnt take 60 minutes for the killing to start. about 20 minutes in shit goes wrong and from there the bloodfest begins =]

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:02 PM #38 of 40
Boring. Cliche. Too predictable. And simply retarded.

I like how the monster is smashing everywhere and completely misses the guy by a mile. Oh please.

Spoiler:
And I love how at the end, he pokes the monster to see if it's dead. Okay, it's not moving... so yeah, it's dead. Why would it move if it's alive. Yeah, common sense. ._. Oh and on top of that, why don't I just put my shotgun right next to him.

If you're looking for an intelligent horror movie - completely avoid it at all costs. If you're looking for a horror-comedy, this is it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]

Last edited by Sepharite; Mar 14, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:09 PM #39 of 40
I Disagree, there are many old school horror fans who enjoy stuff like this. Sure it may seem weird but a lot of us like seeing movies just to see people get hacked up. I have been watching horror movies since I was little and while "Smart" horror films are great and all its good to see a movie like this once in awhile. Although this is just my opinion, sorry just adding my 2 cents in =p

Most amazing jew boots
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:13 PM #40 of 40
Originally Posted by Sepharite
Boring. Cliche. Too predictable. And simply retarded.

I like how the monster is smashing everywhere and completely misses the guy by a mile. Oh please.

Spoiler:
And I love how at the end, he pokes the monster to see if it's dead. Okay, it's not moving... so yeah, it's dead. Why would it move if it's alive. Yeah, common sense. ._. Oh and on top of that, why don't I just put my shotgun right next to him.

If you're looking for an intelligent horror movie - completely avoid it at all costs. If you're looking for a horror-comedy, this is it.
There are probably some exceptions, but think of the number of movies where the guy can kill the antagonist but doesn't because he wants to forgive him for some horrible offense out of the blue. Think of all the films where the protagonists go into almost certain danger without bringing anyone as back-up. It's a movie!

For the most part, this film didn't intend to instigate some deep discussion or any sort of meditation about ourselves. It's visceral and constantly exciting, it draws us in, even if it may be largely due to the fact that there's more blood in the frame than there isn't. And that's more than can be said with most films.

Like Hostel. I'm all for being deliberate but know what to do with that kind of pacing. Eli Roth (aka Quentin's New Bitch) tries for this kind of lasting allegory on the skin trade and objectification of women, and with what? A movie with more boobs than blood. He tries to go for less is more, but he succumbs to his insatiable desire to include gore, destroying whatever minimalistic mood he was trying to go for.

Aja goes in her headfirst, starting with
Spoiler:
the graphic ax deaths of a bunch of scientists
. He knows the material and he knows what to do with it. I'm not saying this guy could handle subtle stuff. I mean he hasn't done anything like that yet, just balls-to-the-wall violence, but that's his strength. But he knows what he can do and he does that well.

In closing, Hostel was a poor horror film with an identity crisis while THHE was a gripping gorefest. Needless to say, I enjoyed the latter.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Hills Have Eyes (2006)