Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Resurrection of Superman

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:38 PM #1 of 13
The Resurrection of Superman

Can someone please fill me in on the events that follow Superman's death. How was he resurrected, what was the purpose of the black costume, etc.

I can't seem to find anything that elaborates on it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:51 PM #2 of 13
It was not a well-plotted return. However, here is what I know on the subject. Superman came back in the much the same fashion as Norman Osborn eventually did, which is that what gave him his powers, the solar energy, regenerated him. Superman wasn't really dead, just in a coma that resembled death. When was recovered enough, he freed himself from his grave/statue with amnesia and limited power; these things returned over time. He could fly and still had some strength and invulnerability, but little more. I'm not sure, but I think the black costume was what he was buried in... but I could be wrong.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
XerxesTheMighty
Weapon X

Member 105

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:00 PM #3 of 13
If you're really interested I'd recommend reading The Death and Life of Superman by Roger Stern. It's pretty cool even though it is adapted from the three storylines that lead up to and followed Superman's death.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

SO SAY WE ALL
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:06 PM #4 of 13
Originally Posted by XerxesTheMighty
If you're really interested I'd recommend reading The Death and Life of Superman by Roger Stern. It's pretty cool even though it is adapted from the three storylines that lead up to and followed Superman's death.
Seconded, it's an excellent novel, finally get to see Superman's downfall with the coming of Doomsday.

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:10 PM #5 of 13
Where did Doomsday come from, anyway?

I was speaking idiomatically.
XerxesTheMighty
Weapon X

Member 105

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:11 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:11 PM #6 of 13
Originally Posted by Legato
Where did Doomsday come from, anyway?
Doomsday:
http://www.supermansupersite.com/doomsday.html

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SO SAY WE ALL
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:12 PM #7 of 13
Oh.

Superman's death was just a marketing ploy anyway.

Double Post:
I like how the story starts off interesting then gets increasingly ridiculous. It seems that the actual amount of power posessed by any given comic book character is or isn't a match the power of any other character (or, as I read, armor).

Transporting Doomsday to the end of time? Of course then they want to use him in the plot agian so Brainiac has no problem going there and recovering him.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Eleo; Mar 7, 2006 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:48 AM #8 of 13
Doomsday was great in the beginning, him beating the crap out of the then JLA was awesome. The novel someone mentioned is fantastic, gives alot of detail...even on events from before the death,funeral and return saga.

If you are the kind of person who needs pictures to go along with what you read, go amazon the graphic novels for these 3 sagas...they should be pretty cheap (I think you can get all 3 for less then 40$).

I think at a certain point though...you knew Superman wasnt dead nor was he any of the 4 we were lead to believe. When Cyborg Superman went evil and Eradictor acted weird...and the world was being threatened by Mongul...hell you knew it was a preminition for his return. LOL @ the one scene where he came back looking like a giant robot had crapped him out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
-Happy-
#comics To Your Face

Member 1844

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:16 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:16 PM #9 of 13
I might post up the Death & Resurrection of Superman if I have the time. Maybe you can check back in a few hours to if I have uploaded it.

comics.jetsam.org

Check under the Request folder.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by -Happy-; Mar 9, 2006 at 12:54 AM.
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:10 PM #10 of 13
links not working for me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:27 PM #11 of 13
Needs Funeral for a Friend storyline (and not just the NewsTime feature!) to be a complete guide to the Death and Resurrection of Superman.

Recent events revealed in Teen Titans show that Superman actually did die. Due to Superboy's continued pounding, continuity shockwaves enabled him to pass through the door of death...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:55 AM #12 of 13
You could have found the answer to your question very quickly by heading over to Wikipedia. That place is actually a really good comic book resource.

Most amazing jew boots

HightopNinja
Ninja in Hightops

Member 2115

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:29 AM #13 of 13
"Everyone thinks Booster uses his knowlege from the future to avoid the big battles. But Booster was there. He took the first punch from Doomsday. He thought he could change what was going to happen."

Sorry, don't have the actual issue in front of me, but that's pretty much what Blue Beetle said about Booster Gold trying to take on Doomsday. Anyhow, the story was actually pretty neat, at least concerning the Death of Superman..originally one of the characters that was parrading around in a super-man costume(Steel, Superboy, Annhilator) were supposed to have been revealed as Superman..at least that's what DC lead consumers to believe, when in reality, they were just planning on bringing the big guy back..and then the whole Red/Blue super-man fiasco..that was brilliant.*sarcasm*

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dave Foley is my Hero.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Resurrection of Superman