Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] RAMPANT SPECULATION gone horribly right / horribly wrong

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 03:33 PM #1 of 5
RAMPANT SPECULATION gone horribly right / horribly wrong

I was pondering doing something like the Cosplay threads and making them into two, but I figured it'd be easier to just consolidate this discussion into one thread. I was thinking last night while I was trying to fall asleep about how wildly off a lot of people were on the gimmick behind the DS.

For instance, over here they guess that, among other things, the control gimmick would be a tilt sensor rather than a touch screen and that the two screens would be ON TOP OF EACH OTHER somehow. On the other hand, they did get the wireless multiplayer right on the money.

I distinctly remember (but threw away long ago) an issue of Next Generation magazine that had a mockup of the GameCube controller. They'd apparently put it together based on a textual description of it, and what startled me about it looking back is how accurate the whole thing was. It wasn't perfect, the B, X, and Y buttons looked to be about the size of the actual controller's start button, and it only had two shoulder buttons instead of 3, but other than that it was pretty much dead on. Scary how sometimes they can get it right, eh?

My question that I posit to the general populace of GFF is: What incidents like this, about any console, do you remember? I'm especially curious about the really old ones, like NES and such, because I wasn't exactly in a "reading mood" back when I was, like, 5.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 04:19 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2007, 12:19 AM #2 of 5
I'd like to nominate the whole "XENOGEARS/SONIC/CHRONO CHARACTERS IN BRAWL???" speculation even though the game's not even out yet. It's one thing being foolishly hopeful, it's quite another thing to expect characters from unrelated series because of a familiar composer.

The rumors about holographic 3D displays for the Revolution were pretty halious too.

Most amazing jew boots

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 05:19 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2007, 03:19 PM #3 of 5
In before Daikatana.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 06:40 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2007, 05:40 PM #4 of 5
I have been cleaning the apartment getting ready to move and tossed a bunch of old GI mags from 2005 before the Xbox 360 was released. I don't recall much specifically, but it was pretty interesting to see that pretty much every single "prediction" about the 360, PS3, and Wii were wrong.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2007, 04:20 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2007, 10:20 AM #5 of 5
There was rumours that Chrono Trigger was the next Secret of Mana. This was when the characters names weren't known and they tried to tie everything to the series.

I still have those pages in a binder somewhere.. can't scan though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] RAMPANT SPECULATION gone horribly right / horribly wrong