Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Sunburns

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 03:35 PM #1 of 23
Sunburns

During the summer, sunburns are one of the most anoying things to happen when sitting under the sun. What are some of the things you use to help cure your burns? I hear Aloe Vera plants helps small burns, like on your face or something but what about massive burns on your back? I'm currently trying Petro Carbo Salve by Watkins but I havn't used it long enough to know if it works. Feel free to include sunburn stories

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:45 PM #2 of 23
Originally Posted by scotty
I hear Aloe Vera plants helps small burns, like on your face or something but what about massive burns on your back?
Aloe ALWAYS cures my sunburns. Its a strange thing.

Once or twice, I've gotten a REALLY bad sunburn, but after the second day of using aloe, it turns to a tan.

This summer, I've kept my burns to a minimum. I went through ONE DAY of getting burned everywhere in the spring - used aloe for a day, and I turned the burn to a tan. Now, burns are hard to get.

But yea, I always use pure aloe. It's really cheap, and it sincerely helps.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:46 PM #3 of 23
This stuff tends to work pretty well for me (and similar products)

http://workingperson.com/products/85...y_4-ounce.html

I am especially prone to sunburns, and I hate them with a passion. In terms of getting rid of them, time is pretty much the only thing you can give. I've found there's not much else, unfortunately.

Side story, my worst sunburn resulted in something like a 2nd-degree burn, and I was blistery and nauseous. What hell!

The nausea may have been brought more on the fact that I went outside in the rain for relief. It was my uncle's suggestion. I was about 8 or 9, so don't blame me too much!

That same uncle was the one who came up to me when I was eating at a reunion and kicked me in the back of the head "because I was there"

So yeah, he's not the most trustworthy g...

Ummm, sunburns suck! I don't tan at ALL either...

Most amazing jew boots
Returned
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 05:48 PM #4 of 23
First off, I'd just like to say that the best product I've ever used to soothe sunburns is Bag Balm. It was originally made to moisturize cow udders, but has kind of become an all purpose salve. Here's a picture:

Anyway, I sunburn quite easily. When I was in elementary school, I wore a very close to the skin buzz cut most of the time. On the second last day of grade six, we had sort of an 'afternoon in the park' type affair, where we slacked off for a few hours. The genius that I was, I didn't bring a hat. The next day, the day of the graduation ceremony, I woke up to find my pillow was sticky. My head had sunburned and blistered, and, low and behold, the giant blister my scalp had become was leaking pus.

So, I begrudgingly went to the ceremony, my hair a disgusting, oozing, flaking mess. My head stayed in this awful gooey state for about a week, as I dabbed it with tissue paper and wet towels. Probably one of the worst experiences I can remember happening to me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
scotty

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 03:52 PM #5 of 23
right now I have a sunburn all down my back and on my arms and shoulders. I have to work tommorow washing dishes at a pub/ eating place I know it will suck. I got it from going camping at a lake with my parents and having no shade to hide in I had to sit on a dock for 2 days.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:15 PM #6 of 23
I prefer aloe vera myself, but I know some people prefer to use lotion with built-in aloe vera to avoid the cold, sticky texture. I'm not sure how much better it works than aloe.

I tend to burn mostly on the top of my head where it is parted, so I will sometimes wear hats. I know my father wears long-sleeve shirts and a kind of fabric that flows from under his hat that makes him look like an Arabic Archeologist.

Most amazing jew boots

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:36 PM #7 of 23
Aleo vera all the way. Plus I've always enjoyed the cool sensation because of those plants. Ooooooooooooo, it feels good.

FELIPE NO
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 09:22 PM #8 of 23
Just a note, don't let sunburns go untreated. I got a really bad sunburn last summer on my chest and around my ankles. I kind of ignored them, figuring they would go away but I ended up scarring and now have to deal with these black patches all over my body.

It's gross and looks like I haven't showered in a month. Bleh.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 08:31 PM #9 of 23
I don't sunburn easily at all, I guess that is lucky for me. A friend of mine though, back when we were kids. We would swim out my backyard, or go through those damn "Slip N slide" things.

One day, we were out there for hours in the water, and at the end of the day I was much more tan. He on the other hand had massive sunburns to the point where his back had huge bubbles. If I remember right, there were about three or four massive bubbles and it was probably the sickest thing I had ever seen at that time in my life.

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 10:44 PM #10 of 23
Originally Posted by Living Legend
He on the other hand had massive sunburns to the point where his back had huge bubbles. If I remember right, there were about three or four massive bubbles and it was probably the sickest thing I had ever seen at that time in my life.
Man, he must've been really sunburnt to get water blisters.

I tend to sunburn before I tan, so when I get burned I usually go for the Aloe Vera + Ibuprofen to dull the pain so I'll be able to sleep.

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:02 AM #11 of 23
This is going to sound strange but I've never had a sunburn in my life. I spend a good amount in the sun, especially during summer. Its probably because my ancestors a long time ago were peasants in korean.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:04 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 09:04 PM #12 of 23
I can't recall ever having a sunburn either. I do have a tendency to look slightly darker if I'm out in the sun for several hours though.

Jin
Syklis Green

Member 383

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 08:45 PM #13 of 23
I don't get sunburn ever, even without using sunscreen, which I think is a bad idea. In Hawaii you have people who can stay in the sun all day long and not get burnt. We usually go to the beach around 7:00 in the morning, stay at the beach till the sun goes down, and go home like it was nothing. We don't get burnt, we just get . . . . brown. But just in case one of us do, we always have our aloe plants in the front yard to take care of it. Hawaiian like to joke that you can tell who the surfers are in your neighbourhood by all the aloe plants in the yard.

Last edited by Jin; Jul 25, 2006 at 12:48 AM.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 11:29 PM #14 of 23
I get sunburned really easily. I'm not sure why either. I'm outside alot and the rest of my family can handle the sun just fine. I can't tan either. I just burn to a crisp and turn red.

I think the worst time I got burned was back when I was around 10 or 11. Both my arms and my shoulders got burned so bad they ended up getting huge blisters that swelled down the length of my arm. So I basicly had a gigantic bubble of liquid going down each of my arms. Let me tell you, it is not fun. Just getting a shirt on was a chore and the pain was immense. If I remember right.. I ended up having to get shots to have them drained.

Most amazing jew boots
Stuff goes here~
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:45 AM #15 of 23
I'm already tan... I barely get sunburn as it is. Normally, i'm not one to put on suntan lotion, but it's only if i'm at the beach or at an amusement park all day or something. Other than that, if I do actually get one. I just shrug it off. Not the biggest deal to me.

FELIPE NO
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:40 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 12:40 AM #16 of 23
Originally Posted by kat
Just a note, don't let sunburns go untreated. I got a really bad sunburn last summer on my chest and around my ankles. I kind of ignored them, figuring they would go away but I ended up scarring and now have to deal with these black patches all over my body.

It's gross and looks like I haven't showered in a month. Bleh.
Dude, isn't that like skin cancer? I don't think your skin is suppose to turn black after it gets sun burned...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Dance party!
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:03 PM #17 of 23
I am the whitest person ever, and I get sunburned just about every year, even though I use sunblock religiously. I don't really tan, ever. I just get more and more freckles as the summer progresses.

Oh, and I've had sun poisoning twice, and both times I experienced the nausea that deadally was talking about.

Aloe is the best thing for sunburns, in my opinion.

Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 09:10 PM #18 of 23
As someone who will burn in 30 minutes of direct sunlight and blister in just an hour (and people wonder why I abhor summer... sheesh!), I can attest that Noxema works wonders on easing the burn and itching of sunburn. Yeah, the smell is something you have to get over, but it works wonders.

scotty

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 06:45 PM #19 of 23
holy crap, I started using the aloe vera plant that I found yesterday and already I am feeling better. I can finally sleep on my back again, thank god.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 08:56 PM #20 of 23
Originally Posted by Trigunnerz
Dude, isn't that like skin cancer? I don't think your skin is suppose to turn black after it gets sun burned...
They're technically sunspots, scars of damaged skin from too much exposure but far from skin cancer (but if you have too many, they can progress to skin cancer). It's like a tan that won't away, I exaggerated too much when I called them black.

I only have three spots, around both my ankles and in the middle of my chest. I'm not like all covered in this shit.

krikkit
Carob Nut

Member 36

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 11:05 PM #21 of 23
Emu oil and derivative products. Its funky blue stuff, but it works very well on burned skin, sunburn or regular burn.

CactusWater
Cheese n Wine

Member 7916

Level 2.25

Jun 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:15 PM #22 of 23
I try to stay out of the sun. I have really fair skin and it burns very easily. If I do get burned I don't really do anything about it and just wait for it to heal. I guess an aloe would work well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
rahvii
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5628

Level 2.00

Apr 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 03:16 PM #23 of 23
A good skin hydratation before and after taking sun is the best way to avoid it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Sunburns