Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Chiropractors... :/

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 05:08 PM #1 of 10
Chiropractors... :/

I've had a back problem since the last final exam in grade 8, which was 1998. I remember it quite vividly: I was almost the last one finished and I would be finished in about 30 minutes. Suddenly, something in my back just kinda... I dunno... moved or something. I couldn't sit still, and it was like I had a kink in my back that couldn't be cured by cracking it. I got home as fast as I could and when I got there I was in agony.

Fast forward 8 years: I still have the same problem, only now my neck is suffering as well. I can crack it quite regularly, however. I had an X-ray because I heard they check for that curvy spine condition. Nothing came up.

I'm in need of a chiropractor or massage therapist. I don't know anything about them, or even if they would help. There's always the obligatory horror story associated with chiropractors. Apparently they break necks and snap spines, or what have you. I know a massage would feel heavenly, but I don't know if it could cure anything. Has anyone been to either one of these and could share a little info?

Most amazing jew boots
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:23 PM #2 of 10
1. Medical massage are not all that heavenly to people probebly for 90% of the time for the misconception of what "massage" should be

2. find a chiropractor that has been in the buisness for quite a while (20+ years). It is a low risk that anything severe will come out of a lower back adjustment but it's the neck that you should be cautious about. Even if they fix you up for a bit, it's hard to tell if they may have ruptured a vein in your neck that may lead to strokes in decades. That's why go around and find someone that's been doing this for at least 20 years or something, else it would be sketchy for them tampering your neck.

A massuse cannot re-align your back if this is the case here however a chiropractor can. If it does have to do with any muscular issues that is keeping you having this back problem, then yes, it might be good to go for a massage and have them rework it out.

I've had them both before and to be frank, I needed that chiropractor - my neck bone was way out of alignment however I took massage therapy too at the same time and got me to rework the muscles in that area because it was part of the problem getting my neck bones stuck out of alignment.

Well - I hope that helped

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Luckee Cookie; Jul 26, 2006 at 09:35 PM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:25 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 07:25 PM #3 of 10
I've got pretty horrid back trouble due to a severly torn muscle in my back along with three fractured vertebrae. I never sought a chiropractor, and two years later I'm still having pains. The doctor I went to was confused and told me "never seen this before," which is never a good thing. My shoulders are rather narrow, simply due to how I was born. As a result, my shoulders and back are incredibly densely muscled. I wouldn't dare trust a chiropractor normally, much less with my "odd" shape. Just go with a massage regularly. Do you think you might have a pinched muscle/nerve?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Happy Cow
Zansaian

Member 4323

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:04 PM #4 of 10
Originally Posted by Render
I had an X-ray because I heard they check for that curvy spine condition.
Do you mean Scoliosis? Yeah, I have that. Luckily it's rather mild, so no surgery required. But I still have to go to a chiropractor, or else it'll get worse. Good thing nothing came up on your X-Ray though.

I've been dealing with different chiropractors for two years now, and despite the horror stories I've heard, I've never had a problem with any of the chiropractors. If anything, they've helped me alot with my scoliosis, and it definitely hasn't gotten worse.

As Luckee Cookie said, if you're worried, you should look for someone who's been in the business for a long time. With regards to the massage therapist, I honestly have no clue, but my guess is that a massage therapist will make you feel better, but won't fix the problem.

Also, if you don't want the chiropractor cracking anything, you could always ask him/her to recommend some exercises (ones that will help your situation) that you can do by yourself.

In any case, good luck with that. Hope it works out for ya.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 07:07 PM #5 of 10
I got into a car accident a few years ago and I could barely move my neck. I had to go to a chiropractor, so I went to one that has been doing this for a long time. After a few sessions, I could move my neck easier and the pain was gone. It's nice to go in for an adjustment, and, as long as the person knows what he is doing, nothing bad should happen.

Most amazing jew boots
krikkit
Carob Nut

Member 36

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 01:13 AM #6 of 10
If you have the means, you shouldnt neglect to try and get diagnosed by a medical doctor. Not all back problems are apparant on X-ray, see if you can get an MRI. spinal disc injuries are excruciating, I should know.

In my studies in treating my back problems, I've never been to a chiropractor(they cant do much for a herniated disc), but Ive heard from more than one person that there is essentially two basic experiences to have with a chiropractor: to be treated and permamanently helped, maybe cured, or to be fixed just enough to keep you coming back for more and more treatments.

Ive heard chiropracty can be addictive.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 02:54 PM #7 of 10
Chiropractors are great if you find the right one. I've been going to my chiropractor for two years now for headaches/migraines and it has been the only thing that keeps me from having three to four headaches a week like I used to. In my case, the chiropractor caught a problem that the doctors (who were drugging me up) didn't find. I'm not even sure if they even considered that a vertebra or two might be out of place (which they were).

I'm kind of concerned that nothing showed up on the X-Ray, though. I agree with krikkit about getting an MRI because chiropractic treatment could make things worse if you have a serious problem. Or, if you are unable to get an MRI, maybe you could have an experienced chiropractor look at the X-Ray to see if they see something that was missed.

Originally Posted by Render
...now my neck is suffering as well. I can crack it quite regularly, however.
Don't pop your neck! It's bad for you. I used to do it and was told by both my doctor and chiropractor to stop. See here for details.

Most amazing jew boots
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 06:37 PM #8 of 10
Quote:
Ive heard chiropracty can be addictive.
LOL - somehow, chiropractors want you to come back often. Apparently in their practice it has to be maintained regularly (ie. once a month ... so forth). I went to a few treatments just to make sure that my neck is no longer slipping around and getting stuck in my neck (because it got slightly twisted and ever so often it gets out of place :\) but yeah, about that part. I dont understand why they keep calling you back >_>" It's not that required... I just told them that I had to check on my shedual to book the next appointment... and never did ho ho~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 01:22 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 11:22 PM #9 of 10
I often feel like I need a chirocpractor, or just a personal masseuse . My back has just always been bothering me for the last couple years. I crack my back and neck quite regularly, which is supposedly bad. It's probably just from years of poor posture: slouching, etc. I've mentioned it to some doctors, and there's nothing wrong with my back.. so it is my posture. I just need to work on it I gues, but I fail. A regular massage would be great though (which is why I have one of those pricey massage chairs, but it just doesn't reach everywhere I want a rub). :/.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:20 PM #10 of 10
I need to see a chiropractor pretty badly. Its not that my back hurts or anything like that, but my back is beginning to misalign because of the way that I sit at my computer. The chair is a little screwed up and I always hunch my back forward to look at the screen. I best take care of it now so that I don't end up like Quassi Motto from the Hunchback of Notre Dame!

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Chiropractors... :/