Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:56 PM #251 of 497
Yeah, dual weilding 1h crossbow is generally only worth it if both of them are amazing, and you have crazy crit chance and damage. Only other thing I can think of that would be a bonus would be Max Discipline which you can get on one-handers, but you're probably better off going with a two-hander and a quiver. Get whichever you can get the best stats/DPS on, but generally DH's will roll 2h crossbow.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:01 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2012, 12:01 AM #252 of 497
Here's an addendum to that Act 1 farming guide SD posted:

YouTube Video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:38 AM #253 of 497
Interesting, I'll give that a go. The Watch Tower is definitely good and why people added the Highlands to the Act 1 run, but I've never had it spawn with the regularity he's stating. Also I'm not sure exactly how he handles the Cemetery, he makes it seem like he just runs the one crypt, but that's not the one that's always open and all of the crypts have 2+ elites. I'll give this a go right now and report back.

I was speaking idiomatically.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:16 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2012, 11:16 AM #254 of 497
One thing he doesn't do is exit the southeast side of Leoric's Manor, which I think always has an elite (and sometimes a champion pack).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:41 PM #255 of 497
I ran it a few times, it's a mixed bag. I only get the Watch Tower maybe about half of the time, but the Elite in the Cathederal is usually there. But he's right about the Tower, there's always like 5 or 6 Elites and a Resplendent Chest in there, it's pretty nuts. I don't know if it winds up being terribly more effective than the previous Act 1 run we're doing.

What I WOULD recommend we start doing though regardless is checking for the Watch Tower first thing, and keep re-loading until it pops since that seems pretty ridiculous. Then from there maybe check Cathedral 3 and then after that either proceed with pretty much what we've been doing, or we could run this list. It's kind of a toss-up for me, this way is probably technically more productive but whatever.

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:42 PM #256 of 497
I wonder if you just cut out the open areas entirely. Spawn the watch tower, then do the crypts, festering woods, leoric's manor -> butcher, if that wouldn't be faster. Basically just lose the old ruins, weeping hollow and southern highlands for being too much running around.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:55 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2012, 07:55 PM #257 of 497
I'm thinking I gotta invest in some MF gear that doesn't kill my DPS. I've been farming Act 1 a bit these last couple days and I haven't gotten anything worthwhile. A good number of the rares I get aren't even above ilvl 60, and I don't think I've even gotten an ilvl 63 item.

Dang, I don't have the gold for all of this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:15 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2012, 11:15 AM #258 of 497
Coool. guess i'll hit the AH for a bow and a QUIVER.
On another note I'm more addicted to the AH than the game lol. I get such a thrill when i see something is sold that i yesterday had to get out of bed and check my auctions... how 'bout them apples.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:19 AM 1 #259 of 497
Made 8.5 million overnight on a ring, then spent most of that on this, awww yeah

About a 2500 Damage upgrade along with a couple extra thousand health. Would still be worth it for my main gear, but this will be a BIG boost for my MF/GF set which is 199% GF 177% MF with NO stacks. Obviously that gear is not as good as my main gear, so the DPS/HP boost from this will be a big boon for that setup, and will probably pay for itself fairly quickly. Ideally I'd want crit/dex/socket, but that stuff is super expensive, even way more than what this cost

Edit: Ooh, spent 200k for a pair of gloves that were a slight vit/dex upgrade on my mf/gf set, but also upped my mf/gf set slightly, up to 202% GF and 180% MF.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 27, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:29 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2012, 09:29 AM #260 of 497
What is your pre-Sharpshooter DPS with that crossbow?

Also, is it wrong that I want to get the Natalya chest piece just because it looks so good on the character, not being its stats are good?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:15 PM #261 of 497
I'm at work but I think in my full normal gear without SS (but with Archery) my Damage is around 43k.

ALSO more importantly I can't link to it on my phone, but everyone needs to check out the Blizzard blog, they basically straight doubled drop rates. ilevel 63 gear went from like 2.0% to I think 4.8% in act 1 alone. I'm seeing people on GAF report finding 3+ legendaries an hour, and apparently act 3 is now a ilevel 63 item paradise. Holy shit.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:36 PM #262 of 497
That's awesome! I can't wait to get home now to play for 18 hours straight. Let's grind the shit out of act 1!

Most amazing jew boots
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:40 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2012, 02:40 PM #263 of 497
I read that they made the changes today. It is going to be interesting and I imagine suppress item values (read: auction house prices) significantly. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing, the way the game works.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:58 PM #264 of 497
I expect that as prices plummet people will begin to be able to actually clear inferno from drops and reduced ah prices. Then the bitching will begin about lack of endgame content and variety (completely randomized dungeons would have gone a long way here) and uber gear will become way more expensive. I do think that's ultimately better than where we are at now though, better to bitch about endgame than having the majority of your userbase being not even able to get there. By all accounts D2 (like a lot of loot games) was more about clearing the content repeatedly to get better loot just to get it and to clear even more efficiently, not grinding forever just to try to even progress a little which is what we had.

Games still has a ton of issues which is apparent from the hard buffs and nerfs we are already seeing so quickly, but short-term this is probably a good direction. By a lot of accounts the playerbase has been dropping dramatically and they had to do something. I already know a bunch of people who have dropped it already and I was on the verge, but this will get me back in full-time for at least a bit. Remains to be seen how they handle it past that though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:15 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2012, 02:15 PM #265 of 497
Found my first unique today. Figures it was on my new character and a level 10 helm for witchdoctors.

Gotta say gems not putting a level requirement on equipment has made starting a new character somewhat of a joke. As soon as you get a socketable weapon just throw in a square+ ruby and one shot everything. I went from 40 dps to about 190 just by doing that, lol.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:37 PM #266 of 497
Agreed, but on the flipside at high levels the gem gains are retarded. I spent around maybe 1.5 million to get Star Emeralds in all my slots on both sets of my gear and it was only like a 250 damage improvement when I'm at over 40k as-is. They need to really buff the higher levels or something. I've seen some suggestions that either the highest levels or at new added levels it should be % gains which could also work. Right now its basically just a gold sink, the highest level gems cost in the tens of millions last I looked and I'd get like a 50 damage increase from that. The fuck?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:19 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2012, 04:19 PM #267 of 497
One could argue that the biggest mistake they made was in drastically altering player progression from the way it worked in Diablo 2. In D2, you farmed to get good items to equip your next character with. In other words, you would have your magic find sorceress accumulating gear while actually playing the game with <insert character>. You would start a fresh assassin, or barb, or whatever, and make yourself a shopping list of gear that you want to equip the character with. "Well, I'm doing a dual claw, tiger strike assassin, so I'm going to need a Vamp Gaze, Shaftstop, and a couple of Bartucs to get me through nightmare for sure. Time to go shopping."

This time around, what reason would a person have to start a new character of a class they've already sent to 60? It isn't like you could change your attribute allocation this time around, and being able to change your skills on the fly has the same effect.

I guess farming to find stuff to sell on the RMAH would be reason to keep playing, but if the player base vanishes, what few people who are left will quickly outfit their five characters with the best gear, and that market will crater.

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:26 PM #268 of 497
Did an act 1 runthrough off and on tonight. Demolishing Act 1 with my ~250/270 MF/GF was fucking glorious. I was finding tons of iLevel 63 rares that I literally didn't know I hadn't found and didn't even recognize at first (helms, armors, bracers, etc). Found a good bracer that was just BARELY not an upgrade, but that was about it. But on a regular basis I'm finding 1h weapons more in the 600-700 range consistently as opposed to the 200-300 range before; half of the stuff I was picking up was actually decent. In my act 1 playthrough I probably picked up around 150 drops, and the vast majority (about 75%+) were rares, not blues, and half or more were at least 61 or 62, with a good amount of 63's. Also even though I didn't necessarily find a ton of stuff worth selling on the AH, since the stats are higher on the higher ilevel items I cleared about 350k on one run from gold and vendor trash, as opposed to about 250k on a run before.

Also the reports of killing goblins with 5 stacks guaranteeing at least 1 rare drop seems to be true. Not only did I seem to be finding WAY more Goblins than normal (could be RNG, but I probably found at least 5 or 6 in my playthrough which is way more than I usually get) but I can think of at least twice when I killed them I was getting 3 or 4 rares, and one time all 3 were ilevel 63's.

Amazing.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:29 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2012, 07:29 PM #269 of 497
The only reason to make a second of one class is to play as another gender or to do it in Hardcore, I guess. I'd consider that as perfectly fine, except leveling is terrible.

I can understand why they want to limit fast character progression in Hardcore, but there's no sense in killing off all the leveling methods in softcore. Honestly, the game is Inferno, and you can't access that until 60. It's so boring going through normal then nightmare then hell.

Interesting hotfix news. I suppose I'll give farming some more another try.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:34 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2012, 12:34 AM #270 of 497
One could argue that the biggest mistake they made was in drastically altering player progression from the way it worked in Diablo 2. In D2, you farmed to get good items to equip your next character with. In other words, you would have your magic find sorceress accumulating gear while actually playing the game with <insert character>. You would start a fresh assassin, or barb, or whatever, and make yourself a shopping list of gear that you want to equip the character with. "Well, I'm doing a dual claw, tiger strike assassin, so I'm going to need a Vamp Gaze, Shaftstop, and a couple of Bartucs to get me through nightmare for sure. Time to go shopping."

This time around, what reason would a person have to start a new character of a class they've already sent to 60? It isn't like you could change your attribute allocation this time around, and being able to change your skills on the fly has the same effect.

I guess farming to find stuff to sell on the RMAH would be reason to keep playing, but if the player base vanishes, what few people who are left will quickly outfit their five characters with the best gear, and that market will crater.
yup totally agree. Granted I've pretty much only played DH but since the whole stat thing is gone and there only seems to be one "right" build i can see pvp just becoming whoever has the gold to buy the best gear. sad.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2012, 06:42 PM 1 #271 of 497
*GET HOME FROM WORK AFTER HAVING 3 DAYS OF NO INTERNET DUE TO STORMS*

*DIABLO 3 SERVERS DOWN*

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2012, 06:46 PM #272 of 497
Yeah, I was on farming Act IV Hell with my friend, when the servers started acting funky. I got kicked off after we killed Izaul and the loot sprayed everywhere.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2012, 08:07 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2012, 07:07 AM #273 of 497
Don't worry, I'm sure all of it was witch doctor gear.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2012, 08:15 AM #274 of 497
ahaha... Actually... it was. Well a dagger. had int, dex and reduce some kind of spell by 3 mana, damage to monsters on attack and I think convert attack to life.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2012, 09:34 PM #275 of 497
Managed to play for a bit last night. Then today there was maintenance, then ironically right around when that ended our internet went down again. By the time it came back up I was balls deep in Theatrhythm soooooo.

So is anyone going to be around tomorrow who is down for doing some Act 1 farming? I can probably pry myself off Theatrhythm if there's going to be folks around.

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII