Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Frustrating / Crying / "NOOOO!" Video Game Moments

SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 02:57 AM #26 of 28
Neo Contra - Next-to-last stage features a kill-the-boss-before-the-timer-expires battle which if you pooch, leads to an instant, you-can't-even-continue-from-an-earlier-point Game Over. The first time I realized this I slammed the controller down on my leg hard enough to leave a bruise.

I also didn't take it well when the Saturn's internal memory failed and I lost my Puzzle Fighter data with everything unlocked. Internal battery saves are stupid, stupid, STUPID things. I also lost my very first PS memory card, home to all my FF7 saves, in a move.

My sister's got some pretty agonizing stories of her own...

Lunar:SSSC - Beat the final boss in a 40-minute bruiser, headed up the staircase, ignoring the warnings as she assumed it was scripted histrionics, and got toasted. Swore at the top of her lungs at 1:30 in the morning, and stayed up another hour-and-a-half to do it again.

Breath of Fire 3 - Her near-end save with a prosperous fairy village was eaten by a rogue Suikoden save attempt. I go to the trouble of bringing her file back to where she was, but the fairy village is pitiful and she refuses to continue...

Mario Kart: Double Dash - One of her favorite games ever, and her copy was masticated by her 1-year-old son, in much the same fashion as Shane did in the opening post.

FFX-2 - Similar to Razakain's story, she was attempting to do 100% on the first try and realized in Chapter 4, she'd forgotten to place a Commsphere in a particular location in Chapter 3, robbing her of a tenth of a percentile (the official strategy guide, by the way, doesn't address this directly at any point in Chapter 3 or the appendices). I've since offered to return her to this point with a new game, but damn, it's slow going.

Also, the Gamestop Gamecube memory card she got for buying the system there shit the bed after 10 months, destroying ALL her GC saves. She took it badly.

By comparison, my luck isn't so bad.

How ya doing, buddy?
DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
pieman1013
Toddler

Member 8335

Level 1.21

Jun 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:47 AM #27 of 28
It seems like so many others here, I have been stung by the dreaded Final Fantasy save game loss. In my case, Final Fantasy VII, nearly 100 hours into the game (I know a long time but was being meticulous and enjoying the process of building up my characters!)

Anywho, made the fatal mistake of allowing my little brother to use the memory card to transfer some games and, seeing the 100 hours, assumed I had finished the game and deleted it to make room for his transfers.

I was so distraught I couldn't bring myself to play the game again for nearly a year and a half (although, second time around, made duplicate copies of all my save games... just in case!) Ever since then, have always made double copies of important saves so I guess I learnt a valuable lesson from my mistake (aside from never lending my Memory card to ANYONE!!!)

All i can say to those who have experienced a similar loss, I feel your pain!!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan!

On the best of days, on the worst of days, the sun still sets!
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:06 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 06:06 AM #28 of 28
To all the people who have lost FF7-data where they have done almost everything and maxed it out on 99:99 minutes or whatever. I don't think that's really as big a deal as losing data before you even beat the game, which happened to me twice! Think of it this way, the legend of your maxed out save data has to die at some point. You've got to move on and accept that you had fun, and your save file has gone to a better place... :lol:

Besides, if it's something like FF8 data-maxed out- it's like whoopdee freakin-do, I can't go to any of the towns because they're locked out by dark energy or whatever. I forgot why, but why on hell would Squaresoft lock out the towns at the end of the game, when you have to fucking get a chocobo to get the ragnarok, and do all that freaking ragnarok in-ship madness! YOU REMEMBER IT DON'T YOU? And then they don't even let you visit the old towns. LAME. Okay, I'm just a little peeved about that. I, for one also lost my maxed out FF7 data, but it was only a big deal because then I couldn't show it off to people or whatever. Haha.

And man, the Lunar games difficulty is scaled so well, it makes most boss battles really intense, especially the final bosses! Wow, amazing stuff.

It also seems everyone has dealed with shitty third party memory cards, LOL! They are the worst. I had this one that held like 50 pages of blocks of memory, and you flipped through pages by pressing a button on the card itself while you read data on the PSX. Incidentally, pushing that button wiggled the memory card in its place, causing all data to vanish every now and then if you're not EXTRA careful. Granted, all I had on it was some Mega Man Legends data and some other stuff, I usually used it as a backup. I tried it again and it didn't even FUNCTION. Stupid things.

I thought of something else. In Star Ocean 2, in bigger sized dungeons, exclusively the cavern where you get the herb for Bowman, and in the Cave of Trials, the game often liked to JUST FREEZE FLAT OUT. Thanks a lot Star Ocean 2. I swear, that herb cave is cursed or some shit. The Cave of Trials would often too get disc read errors. I think I've heard other people experience this, too, am I right? But man it's the worst when it happens in the Cave of Trials... but really it's okay, because if you're die-hard Star Ocean 2 fan, you don't even care, you want to get to the bottom of that dungeon. You really do.

I think it's fair to mention Super Ghouls and Ghosts too... Capcom makes you want to kill yourself because you can't kill the two ogre-fucks with the shit-fuck weapon on the second playthrough. My friend got more pissed than me that I couldn't do it with 33 lives to spare! Jesus Christ! I think he was going to burst a vein.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not

Last edited by Aquas; Dec 15, 2006 at 07:11 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Frustrating / Crying / "NOOOO!" Video Game Moments