Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pollo Campero

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:48 PM #1 of 8
Pollo Campero

Does anyone else here eat at Pollo Campero? I'm guessing OctoberOmicron does, since it's originally a Guatemalan chain, but there's one in a mall near where I work here in Maryland, and their website says they're all over North and South America. The food is a mix between Popeyes chicken and mexican; any restaurant that serves plaintains is good in my book.

It's kind of novel, since you don't see many fast food chains in the US that originated outside of the country. Plus, I think the mascot is cute:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 11:54 AM #2 of 8
YES. I've been there twice ever, and I just had some last week. <3

I don't think there are any chains near me; I went to the one in Wheaton, MD when I stopped by the music store near there.

Good, good chicken!

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 12:55 PM #3 of 8
Wow, they made it all the way to the States, that's admirable. But sadly, they seem to have skipped Mexico entirely as I've haven't seen a single one. ;_____;

I've had Pollo Campero on the 2 ocassions I've been to Guatemala. Good shit (I'm taliking about the chicken and the after here) and the side dishes are good as far as I remember.

I approve Pollo Campero.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 03:12 PM #4 of 8
Originally Posted by Tawnee Stoner
Wow, they made it all the way to the States, that's admirable. But sadly, they seem to have skipped Mexico entirely as I've haven't seen a single one. ;_____;
Since the restaurant website seems to be down, I'll link to the wiki. It is surprising there's only like 1 restaurant in all of Mexico. In the US, they seem to be centered around Hispanic population centers, and Gaithersburg, MD is one of those.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 02:26 PM #5 of 8
I used to go there all the time when I was in Honduras. Good stuff really.

Most amazing jew boots

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 08:34 AM #6 of 8
Ah, totally missed out on this. As I look out from the front door of the internet cafe I`m at I see the restaurant... Ridiculous looking little chicken. Never thought it`d hit the states with KFC already there though. Do they serve pizza in the state`s version?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:54 PM #7 of 8
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
Do they serve pizza in the state`s version?
No pizza. That would be funny though, a latin american restaurant serving pizza. The only thing the one here in Maryland has is chicken.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Pollo Campero