Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:29 PM #1 of 210
What do you think of interracial couples?

What do you think of two people of different races dating? I ask this cause a white friend of mine has a black girlfriend and gets hell for it from some people. Pretty much everywhere they go people stare at them and this girl's own brother constantly keeps telling her "It's ok to play in the snow for alittle while but you have to come home eventually". My friend also has tons of people ask him "Do you think she's hot" pretty much everytime they see a black girl now.

I just never understand why so many people find it so hard to mind their own business. On a side note I'm thinking of asking out a black girl myself and I know I'm gonna get annoyed cause human beings already piss me off enough from having to work Retail.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 09:42 PM #2 of 210
You'd think society would have gotten over this racial barrier thing, but some still have problems with interracial relationships.

Personally I see no problem with it as long as it is a loving relationship and not some sort of bizarre racial fetish.

Most amazing jew boots

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 06:11 PM #3 of 210
Being a product of a interracial relationship I see no problem with it. But I do live in a place where there are tons of different ethnic groups.

I got nothing else to add though I agree with Dullenplain. Last I checked love is colorblind.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SMX
Chocobo

Member 103

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:50 PM #4 of 210
I feel pretty much forced into it since every quality black girl I’ve ever met (expect for my first) has either been overly religious or taken. I catch hell for it too, but I just don’t give a flying damn.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:35 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 08:35 PM #5 of 210
Oh if only GFF didn't go down I'd link you to the thread I made...

But yeh I'm in an interracial relationship and there's nothing wrong with being in one. Not even cultural differences get into me and my partner's way. "Love is a universal language", so says the Hippies.

Pity some guy the other day wasn't too keen on the idea of me (Chinese) going out with an Aussie. "Stop stealing our chicks, mutha fu**ing Chink. Go back to where you were born."

"I was born here you fool..."

I was speaking idiomatically.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:49 AM #6 of 210
I'd stare if I saw a white guy with a black girl. Not because there's anything wrong with it, but if they were close together, the contrast of skin color would make for an interesting visual.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:25 AM #7 of 210
If they love each other, then by all means go for it. I see nothing wrong with it.

In my specific case, I can't see it happening - I have nothing against black people, but I've never had a black woman that attracted me. Not any negative feeling, just the complete absence of any feeling whatsoever.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:29 AM #8 of 210
I don't think anything anymore when I see interracial couples. It's very common, and as long as it works for the people involved, why should anyone else care?

I do have to admit that I'd probably do a double-take if I saw a white man with a black woman, though, since it's almost always black men with white women. In fact, I'm not sure that I've ever seen it the other way around.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 01:56 AM #9 of 210
If the relationship was an actual loving, caring one then I don't care what skin colour they are.
But it fucking pisses me off when I hear someone talk about specific ethnicities as their preference or 'fetish'.

"Awww, man, i LOVE asian chicks cause they're so TIGHT!"
I've punched a guy because of that.

I heard one girl say that she loves a guy because of his personality more than anything else, but then turns around and says that she prefers white guys over asian guys (she's asian). If you love someone because of their personality, then it wouldn't matter if he was white or asian or whatever right?
So to me, a comment like that is more based on sexual preference than anything about loving relationships.

www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 08:29 AM #10 of 210
You do realize that people have multiple things they can find attractive in others, right? And that they're all not necessarily as important as each other?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:46 AM #11 of 210
I was just thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that society doesn't have a problem with white women dating men of other races, but for some reason people don't expect white men to date outside their race.

My husband told me once that in high school he had *cough* gone out with *cough* this hispanic girl, and when his friends found out about it they called him "Taco Dick" for the rest of the year. I doubt that any girl who had slept with a hispanic guy would have to put up with people calling her "Enchilada Hole."

Flyzelle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:20 PM #12 of 210
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I don't think anything anymore when I see interracial couples. It's very common, and as long as it works for the people involved, why should anyone else care?

I do have to admit that I'd probably do a double-take if I saw a white man with a black woman, though, since it's almost always black men with white women. In fact, I'm not sure that I've ever seen it the other way around.

I've seen plenty...in fact I was one myself....I'm a black female, and I dated a white male...well technically he was white and iranian but he looked white and i think everyone else just thought that too unless he told them but anyway i dated him for a while we used to have class together for 2 yrs before we started dating in HS... We did get a lot of looks though...we went to Ocean City one night over the summer with some of his friends, and I of course was the only black person in the group as i often am, but we were walking holding hands and such, and i was sitting on his lap on the board walk and some dumb black guy yells out about me having "jungle fever" and how come i was dating a white guy.... i think it bothered my bf at the time a bit, and me too, but i was like whatever some people just won't change, as ignorant as they may sound to them it makes perfect sense...

SO i'm not against it at all. i think that it's fine as long as they both love each other why should anyone else care...? The only difference between the individuals is that one is what i term "pigmentally challenged" one person just happens to have more pigment than the next person, I don't see anything other than that separating the races...

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:37 PM #13 of 210
Originally Posted by Tama8-chan
"Awww, man, i LOVE asian chicks cause they're so TIGHT!"
I can kinda understand if for whatever reason a guy thinks asians look better, but that's gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
My husband told me once that in high school he had *cough* gone out with *cough* this hispanic girl, and when his friends found out about it they called him "Taco Dick" for the rest of the year. I doubt that any girl who had slept with a hispanic guy would have to put up with people calling her "Enchilada Hole."
Being that you said that happened in high school, I'm not even the least bit surprised.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:38 PM #14 of 210
Originally Posted by chaofan
But yeh I'm in an interracial relationship and there's nothing wrong with being in one. Not even cultural differences get into me and my partner's way. "Love is a universal language", so says the Hippies.

Pity some guy the other day wasn't too keen on the idea of me (Chinese) going out with an Aussie. "Stop stealing our chicks, mutha fu**ing Chink."
I definitely agree that interracial relationships are a good thing. After all, without them, we would probably have weaker defenses against some forms of diseases. However, when I was a freshman in college, I sort of felt like those Aussies in your country b/c this was the first time I was ever around more than one black person. Every time I tried to ask out a guy (white, mixed Cherocasian, etc) they would ignore me and always go for a black girl. I seriously got into an argument about whether or not more black guys wanted white women or more white guys wanted black women.

I don't really think like that anymore, especially since I found out that about half of the men on campus were not interested in women anyway. I'm all for interracial relationships, especially since very few people have the same mix that I do.

Most amazing jew boots

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 02:21 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 11:21 AM #15 of 210
Two of my old friends from high school were in an interracial relationship. Their parents were originally against the idea when they began dating, but eventually just accepted it. Her father is still a little uneasy about her boyfriend's color though.

I'm rather impartial regarding interracial couples. If anything, I'm actually surprised that there aren't very many I see at university. Most people I've met at school tend to be interested in people who are the same ethnicity as them.

FELIPE NO
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 02:36 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:36 PM #16 of 210
I admire people who date interracially; from what I understand, depending on your geographic location, people can be really cruel about it, and that can put alot of strain on things. Relationships are hard enough to maintain without outside pressure.

I've never had an interracial relationship, but that's because I happen to live in a very white area, so it's not like the odds of it are very great. Although, come to think of it, both my roommates are currently in interracial relationships. I am ridiculously attracted to this guy from Ecuador I dance with sometimes, but he's already got a very long term girlfriend. =/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 06:53 PM #17 of 210
I don't have a problem with the *couple*... it's the ugly kids they'd have that would creep me out.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 05:31 PM #18 of 210
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
Ugly? Have you ever SEEN mixed people?

I wish I still had that picture of someone who was a mix of Korean and African.

Obviously, I have no problem with it. Not only that, but I fail to see why there are problems with it.
Mixed people seem to be the hottest people out there. They tend to look more exotic and a lot of Hollywood's hottest people (that actually deserve the title) are of mixed origin. Halle Berry was scientifically proven to be the most beautiful woman in the world ("The Science of Beauty"--Discovery Channel) and she's African/Caucasian. Heather Locklear (sp?) is part Lumbee and Johnny Depp is 1/4 Cherokee (along with Jimi Hendrix...rock on)! Keanu Reeves is a mixture of all different origins from Lebanese to Hawaiian (possibly some Asian I think).

Granted, when you see caramel skin with platinum hair it's a little odd...but for the most part the blends are very attractive.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:47 PM #19 of 210
I certainly know that if I'm ever going to stand a chance with a girl, it couldn't be a filipina. I'd be the joke of the family on both sides, since I don't know how to speak tagalog! Obviously, I am 100% satisfied with interracial couples.
However, I can't help but glance and then turn away when I see an interracial couple. They always make me smile for some reason, but then I think that might offend them so I turn away.

Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 07:22 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 05:22 PM #20 of 210
For me, it's as simple as "Love comes in all colors."

Not much to explain beyond that, but for those who miss it I am all for it. The idea of race is one that was made up by a bunch of white anthropologists with a bias towards white supremacy. In my eye we are all the same, and the reason some peoples look different than others is because of their environment.

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:11 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:11 AM #21 of 210
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
Ugly? Have you ever SEEN mixed people?

I wish I still had that picture of someone who was a mix of Korean and African.
Yes. I see them every day. Every day. But keep in mind I'm talking from my point of view.

How ya doing, buddy?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:24 PM #22 of 210
I'm still amazed people DO have a problem with it. With all the bigger issues in this world, people still have to think circa 1950 when it comes to relationships.

I am in an interacial relationship [White/Asian], and personally...I don't see the big deal, as many other people in this thread said. But of course, the parents have an issue. lol. I don't get it, and in a way, I don't really care.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:49 AM #23 of 210
Because my grandmother is half-filipino and my grandfather is white, they were regarded as a 'mixed couple' back in the day. They got a house on the edge* of town because the 'normal' (white) families didn't take kindly to them.

Considering my mixed heritage (polyneasian/european) and my husband's equally diverse bloodline(cuban/european/native american), we have no issues with interracial relationships. I had a co-worker who said she'd never date outside her race (because that is how she was raised). Seems kinda wierd to me to limit your standards to 'I wont date outside my race' but that's their own choice I guess.

*It was the edge of town... in the 1950s. Now it's like the middle of town.

FELIPE NO

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:17 PM #24 of 210
I'm fine and dandy with mixed couples. Love is love, and it's awesome that cultures and religions can mix to form a neato relationship.

I don't know too much, admittedly, about the animosity towards mixed couples. In fact, I don't know too much about animosity towards ANY kinds of couples. Up here in New England, we seem pretty awesome about crossing over cultures, races, and religions.

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 12:42 PM #25 of 210
This is almost exactly the same topic that caused me to quite another BBS. Although the sentiment here is decidingly different, but then again, people here are older and more diverse too. I then found out that I was at a forum that is full of SM like people with the sentiment along the line of "them N###erz are taking our women!!", they are not even joking. Yeah... I wonder sometimes why it is so difficult to communicate the history of oppression and its modern day ramification to those people.

♪♡
Thanks Seris!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?