Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I like this girl but she has a boyfriend

Musashi
Carob Nut

Member 861

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 04:29 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 02:29 AM #1 of 14
I like this girl but she has a boyfriend

Well I really like this girl and we have been hanging out this whole week. She told me her relationship with her boyfriend isn't going so well and that they both agreed to break up after he graduates from college which is this coming June. What should I do I don't want to have their relationship end early because of me. They both have a zero tolerance on cheating and she told me that if she ever cheated on her b/f that he would think that she never existed.

I'm also not 100% sure if she likes me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:04 AM #2 of 14
It's quite some time until June...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 06:10 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 03:10 AM #3 of 14
She's already expressed that her relationship with her boyfriend is going south, you've also discussed the topic of cheating and what would happen. If you don't make your move now, you're gonna end up waiting 'til June being filed under "friend" and then you've lost your chance. Either act now or just be happy with friends.

Women are fickle. Yeah, they'll say they're contented with what they have now, but if they're convinced they've found something better they'll leave that relationship.

Also, women are attracted to confidence, not assholishness, but confidence. This sort of meek, "Well, I don't want to ruin something you might have going on now" shit isn't going to work. You have to convince her that it's better than what she's got now.

I think the whole problem with your approach is that you're hanging out with her as friends to begin with instead of just approaching her directly. It's not difficult or intrusive to just ask. The worst she can say is "No."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Posting without content since 2002.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; Sep 24, 2006 at 06:18 AM.
Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 06:10 AM #4 of 14
Originally Posted by Musashi
She told me her relationship with her boyfriend isn't going so well and that they both agreed to break up after he graduates from college which is this coming June.
If their relationship isn't going well, then I see no point on a stupid idea such as a "agreed delayed break-up", unless they want to see if their relationship ends up working after all.
In short...forget it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hoamaru
Everlasting

Member 3010

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 07:14 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 02:14 PM #5 of 14
I agree with what x86's post. Not only would you have to wait until June, but its not even garunteed that she would accept you as a boyfriend. Don't get caught up in waiting (atleast not THAT long), there probably are plenty of single girls around your area that you could meet during that time. Keep your options open.

If you do decided to take the risk, however, take it early like Duo explained. You wouldn't want to wait all that long just to find out you are not her type or just a friend. I wouldn't worry to much about ending their relationship early since it's already agreed that it is going to end anyway.

Most amazing jew boots
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:51 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 11:51 PM #6 of 14
Quote:
She told me her relationship with her boyfriend isn't going so well and that they both agreed to break up after he graduates from college which is this coming June. What should I do I don't want to have their relationship end early because of me. They both have a zero tolerance on cheating and she told me that if she ever cheated on her b/f that he would think that she never existed.
She sounds really fucking stupid.
"Organise to break up in JUNE?"
Look that's bullshit.
And that's gotta be the worst policy on cheating I've ever heard.

Find someone else. Let her self destruct with this cling wrap clown by herself.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:00 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 06:00 PM #7 of 14
Yeah, seriously, who plans on breaking up like that? Either she's with him, or she's not. It looks like she's not. I mean, really, are you doing to wait for your turn until June?

FELIPE NO
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 09:06 AM #8 of 14
I dunno, sounds to me like this probably isn't a girl you really want to be with. I very much doubt this guy and her mutually decided to breakup like that. More likely, she's been stringing him along the whole time and he's hoping another year will "convince" her that he's totally awesome and they should stay together. She'll probably just end up doing the same to you.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:32 PM #9 of 14
Why don't you ask her out? Obviously she reckons she has a 'warming up' period where she isn't exactly seperate from her boyfriend, but is out looking. If she likes you she'll break up with him.

Of course, she sounds kinda funky and I wouldn't touch it but hey

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:58 PM #10 of 14
well yes, many people are stupid and gullible, if that's the kind he wants to attract then act like an asshole

wait

we are not doing this now goddammit

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:58 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 04:58 PM #11 of 14
you're holding out for this girl like she's 'THE ONE', but you dont know for sure.
she sure as hell doesnt see you the same way.
assuming you DO get together, what's to say she's gonna do the same to you? i mean, you'd be getting together so soon after her break up.....you're nothing more than a rebound (rebound relationships sometimes CAN work out, but generally they dont).

June 2007 is a HELL of a way away.
You could get into many relationships by that time, and learn more about yourself as a person and as a boyfriend, and realise she's not what you're after.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 12:10 AM #12 of 14
Originally Posted by x86
If their relationship isn't going well, then I see no point on a stupid idea such as a "agreed delayed break-up".
It's just a fancy way for her boyfriend to say: "Our relationship is doomed but I still want to fuck you til June!"

Ok, sorry about that. For me, the fact that she confessed that they're going to break up no matter what is a BIG sign for you. The Zero tolerance is another one, if you can see they're both related and say: We can't do anything right now, be a good boy and wait until June.

She seems to trust you and with that 90% of your success is already made, time will fly, just be sure to keep hanging out with her and the ocassional flirt.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Musashi
Well that if she ever cheated on her b/f that HE would think that she never existed.
On a second read, this part reveals a lot on the girl. Clearly she wants to move on but the fucker is controlling her until HE graduates from College, I could bet my left testicle that the agreement was all his idea.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Tawnee Van Pelt; Sep 25, 2006 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:36 AM #13 of 14
Originally Posted by Tawnee Stoner
On a second read, this part reveals a lot on the girl. Clearly she wants to move on but the fucker is controlling her until HE graduates from College, I could bet my left testicle that the agreement was all his idea.
Are you suggesting she is...forced to stay?
Because if she is, she is who must break off.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Tek2000; Sep 25, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > I like this girl but she has a boyfriend