Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Near death.

Metaconsciou§
Chocobo

Member 10873

Level 9.05

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 11:28 PM #1 of 25
Near death.

Has anyone had a near death experience here? I am curious as to what was experienced in your thoughts/perceptions as the situation unfolded.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Storm Petrel
Liquid Shadow

Member 10642

Level 6.19

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:00 AM #2 of 25
Well I experienced sorta a near death: I was driving on a 2 lane highway, one lane for each direction, and the dude in front me was so slow, like well below the speed limit. So I checked the opposite direction see if there's any cars so I can pass the guy in front of me; I didn't see any incoming cars on the other lane, so I switched over to the opposite lane then I was like "holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" there's a car coming that for some reason I didn't see, however I thought I might be able to do the pass without crashing into him. All I felt was a huge adrenaline rush and I floored the pedal, brought my car up to 120km/h and past the guy in front of me, a couple of seconds before the oncoming car past beside me. Lesson learned: always make sure there's ABSOLUTELY not incoming traffic when performing a pass on a 2 lane road.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"Through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live."
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:19 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 04:19 PM #3 of 25
I slipped and banged my head whilst swimming once when I was very young near the edge of the pool when I got in, being semi conscious I almost drowned.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metaconsciou§
Chocobo

Member 10873

Level 9.05

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 11:12 AM #4 of 25
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
I slipped and banged my head whilst swimming once when I was very young near the edge of the pool when I got in, being semi conscious I almost drowned.
OUCH. >_<

That must have been so scary for you, to be sitting in the water half-conscious.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
sleipner
Rival

Member 2539

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:58 PM #5 of 25
the railroad blockade wasn't working this one time and I almost got hit by a train when I drove over the railroad tracks...thank goodness i was speeding that day hahaha

How ya doing, buddy?
Memento mori

Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 07:13 PM #6 of 25
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Something like that happened to me when I was...5 or 6, I think. I was at a pool, unattended, and I jumped into a pretty deep section of the pool while I was playing with a couple of other kids. I couldn't touch the bottom, I couldn't really swim, and I should have drowned. I don't really remember what happened after that (I blacked out pretty quickly), but obviously I didn't die...I'm not sure what was going through my mind as it shut down...or if I even had any conception of death at the time.

To this day, I'm afraid of water, I absolutely cannot and will not jump into a pool, and I HATE being on boats. I rode a high-speed ferry a couple of years ago, and I had a death grip on the bench in front of me the whole time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:19 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 12:19 AM #7 of 25
I've been about an inch or so away from falling onto a busy motorway from a high bridge. That's possibly the most scared I've ever been in my whole life. I'm terrible when it comes to crossing roads too. One time I just walked straight out into the middle of the road without even checking the traffic, and the only thing that saved me from being run over was my best friend dragging me back. I wasn't even paying attention but apparently the car was ridiculously close.

FELIPE NO
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:12 PM #8 of 25
The only thing that was near death which happened to me was my birth. From what my parents have said, I came out choked from the umbilical cord...
I was in a car acident a few years ago, but the other persons car came out worse then ours. She hit us, and the hood of her car was messed up, but only a light on our van was broken. heh heh.

Most of the time, I just pass out and come back.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 02:35 PM #9 of 25
Originally Posted by Nahual
The only thing that was near death which happened to me was my birth. From what my parents have said, I came out choked from the umbilical cord...
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
Same here, except it was my small intestine that was messed up. I was delivered via c-section and kept alive with new (at the time) technology, and had this been earlier or somewhere else, I'd not have made it.
Hmm...I was born in a similar way but it was kind of a combination of both.
I was right side up and somehow had the umbilical cord around me and also delivered via c-section.

On another note I have a cousin whose has his fair share of near death experiences.

1. Fell of the roof of the house and fractured his skull when he was about 4 or 5.

2. Ran over by a car and had a broken neck and arm.

3. Cracked his skull a second time on the marble edge of the bottom of the window.

He's now in the Air Force....

How ya doing, buddy?
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:24 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 12:24 AM #10 of 25
Huh. I didn't even think of birth...

I was born with a gas bubble inside of my heart, and without breathing or a pulse. The doctors still managed to save me somehow, though I do have a lingering heart murmur and a lack of cardiovascular endurance to show for it.

I guess that Death has it in for me?

Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 01:08 PM #11 of 25
I think I honestly had only one near-death experience and it was when I was little. I don't know exactly what my age was, but I used to have Asthma. I couldn't breathe and that was basically it. I was at the hospital through emergency. My eyes were rolling up and everything. That's at least what my parents told me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FF9 fan Justin
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 11446

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:25 PM #12 of 25
One time i was at a waterpark when i was like 7 or 8. i was going down one of those big waterfall looking slides on an intertube and i fell out it. at the halfway point there is about a 2ft deep pool of water and i slammed into the water with no intertube. I dont remember much but i think i was unconcious and the lifeguard pulled me out

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Judd
Ninja

Member 820

Level 2.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 11:50 AM #13 of 25
It was when I was at Laguna Beach. I really don't remember what age I was. I'm guessing 7? Anyways a huge wave almost swept me away. It knocked me off my feet and I was being swept away. The only thing I remember was my brother holding on to my feet. If i got swept away I would've probably drowned because I didn't know how to swim at the time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 03:09 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 04:39 PM #14 of 25
The birth sac that I was in was broken and the doctors had to decide wither I live and mom die, or mom live and I die, they where able to save us both but are not quite sure how. It was considered a miracle.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 04:49 AM #15 of 25
This was my most memorable one:

Quote:
I remember once when I went through a mild earthquake, and because I'm living up at 18th floor at that moment, the tremor was very significant. First earthquake I've ever experienced at that.

However, I was asleep when it happened, and my house mate had to bang on my door to wake me up. I remember he shouted, "GET UP, IT'S A FUCKING EARTHQUAKE!! WE NEED GET TO THE BOTTOM FLOOR!". Being fast asleep at about 12.30 AM, in my half awakened state I responded, "SHUT UP! GO DOWN YOURSELF AND LET ME SLEEP". Back then, sleeping > life. I was half awake.

He continued to bang on the door till I woke up a couple minutes later. I changed out of my sleeping attire with my casual speed, and we TOOK THE ELEVATOR DOWN. Hey, it's 18th floor. If the building was to collapse, we would have better chances with the lift.

Anyways, everything calmed down half an hour later and I went back to sleep. The end.

According to others, the building shaked for about 5 minutes or so. The danger lies in the fact that my apartment building is quite old and it may not be stable enough for a quake.
I made a thread like this sometime back, if any of you're interested of more stories from other members.

FELIPE NO
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:16 PM #16 of 25
I remember once when I was a kid (about 8 or 9 years old), I was in the swimming pool with my friend. Even though I knew a little on how to swim, I was not too keen on going in the deep part of the pool, meaning the part that starts to go over your head when you touch the bottom.

She gets to playing around and poking at me and stuff. I tell her to stop and I tried moving away from her. I obviously wasn't paying attention to where I was going because I ended up in the deep part of the pool. Immediately I panicked. I didn't really know how to keep my head above water so I kept going under while trying to flail my arms and breathe. I tried screaming and stuff, but that didn't amount to much. The few times I came above water, everybody was looking at me in shock, but nobody moved.

The final time I went under, I inhaled some water and thought I was gone for sure. I thought about my family for a minute. My limbs were dead tired and I couldn't move them anymore and I was starting to black out. I closed my eyes and that's when I felt my head come above water. The so-called "lifeguard" finally got out of his chair and jumped in after me. It was horrible.

justkelly
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12226

Level 2.50

Sep 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:37 PM #17 of 25
1. One time when I was 4 or 5 my aunt slammed my head in the van door. I had to be hospitalized for a week or so.

2. This year, while I was sitting in the passenger's seat of my best friend's car, a guy jumped into the driver's seat and took off with her car. I remember us going against oncoming traffic on the highway, and then he turned onto a road and crashed into a tree. this was some bullshit.

That's about all I can remember for now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Loofy
Final Fantasty 13, Rules.

Member 11986

Level 2.62

Sep 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 03:22 PM #18 of 25
The near dealth experience ive had is being hit by a car, as soon as i saw it coming i just paused, and i froze soon after i got hit, i thought it was dead but lucky for me i was fine, aftr i went to hopsital i only had few bruiseings on my leg, i'm fine now, thank god.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:59 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 05:59 PM #19 of 25
I had a severe asthma attack for the first time in about a decade and I was very close to going unconcious. Luckily, I moved away from my trigger point and starting recovering.

I had forgotten how scary it was not being able to breath.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:34 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 10:34 PM #20 of 25
When I was 2, I fell in our jacuzzi and nearly drowned. I was shunted off in an ambulance and then proceeded to be in a coma for 2 weeks.

I don't remember anything then, natch, but in January of this year I was in a really bad car accident and that fucking scared me. In that instance, the few seconds when the accident occured and you didn't know what was going on, you're thinking you're dying and freaking out because you don't want to die and you're thinking of all the people in the world that mean something to you. That was a trip, to say the least, when people say your life flashes before your eyes, it really does and when people say you want your mommy in your last moments, you really do.

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:48 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 10:48 AM #21 of 25
I have... An unclassified problem. I'm allergic to a few things, including certain pollens and all kinds of nuts, but occasionally I'll just go into anaphylaxis with no visible stimulus or anything. My heart slows the hell down, I get welts all over my body and my throat completely closes up. I've been having these since I was thirteen - There've occasions on which I didn't have access to my medication. The worst was the first - We were in a café and they were laying carpet in the basement. Everyone I was with insisted that they couldn't smell anything, but the solvent made me feel dizzy as shit. I passed out pretty quickly, and woke up two days later in hospital. They'd pumped me to the brim with adrenaline to keep my heart running.

I'm having more blood tests tomorrow, but it's doubtful whether they'll turn up anything.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:23 AM #22 of 25
Only car accidents. And near fatal car accidents, due to driver stupidity.

Metaconsciou§
Chocobo

Member 10873

Level 9.05

Aug 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 10:01 AM #23 of 25
Originally Posted by Krelian
I have... An unclassified problem. I'm allergic to a few things, including certain pollens and all kinds of nuts, but occasionally I'll just go into anaphylaxis with no visible stimulus or anything. My heart slows the hell down, I get welts all over my body and my throat completely closes up. I've been having these since I was thirteen - There've occasions on which I didn't have access to my medication. The worst was the first - We were in a café and they were laying carpet in the basement. Everyone I was with insisted that they couldn't smell anything, but the solvent made me feel dizzy as shit. I passed out pretty quickly, and woke up two days later in hospital. They'd pumped me to the brim with adrenaline to keep my heart running.

I'm having more blood tests tomorrow, but it's doubtful whether they'll turn up anything. All I can suggest is that you are allergic to various airborne substances. :/
Good god, what a scary ailment. ;_; I'm sorry to hear about that, it must be nerve-wrecking to not know the cause.

FELIPE NO
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:48 PM #24 of 25
When I was really young, I had trouble breathing because of asthma and I was rushed to the emergency. It's a dull memory, but that was the only time that I experienced "near-death."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Near death.