Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Prison Break (Season 2 Discussion Thread)

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 02:57 AM #1 of 185
Prison Break (Season 2 Discussion Thread)

Same rules as always. Spoiler TAGS MUST BE USED FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAS NOT AIRED YET that deals with ANYTHING PLOT RELATED.

Previous season discussion can be found here http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/me...ghlight=prison

The reason this is being created now is that the series is one of the first series to come back for the FALL -- AUGUST 21st. Already time is almost upon us.

Big News so far is that a new character played by William Fichtner famous for last years Invasion and major films such as The Perfect Storm, Contact, Armageddon, and Black Hawk Down shall play a major role. Oh and not mention he is the godfather to my cousin =p

So we shall see what happens to our prison breakers pretty soon. Such as will TeaBag who got his hand and wrist chopped off make it out alive ;__;

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YoMan
Wild Boys

Member 396

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 01:21 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 07:21 PM #2 of 185
In one of the last scenes in season one we see that the cops are like 100 meters behind the prisoners chasing them down like cats do with mice. I am pretty baffled about this scenario because, how can you escape when the cops are that close? Someone is going to get caught in one of the first episodes, i am sure of it.

Anyway, season one was pretty good. Hope to see more good stuff.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 09:21 PM #3 of 185
Thanks for the update. I didn't even know it was coming back so early. Wow. Mondays are gonna have a little bit of awesome in them again. And I'd still be able to watch Raw for now. Unfortunate that I've been watching it lately.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:55 PM #4 of 185
I absolutely LOVE this show, and I'm glad that it'll be back. I just hope I can get my new college schedule around it in order to watch it every MOnday. I seriously love this show and the suspense it brought in each episode KILLED me. I can't wait.

How ya doing, buddy?
The only way out is through.
dhsu87
Carob Nut

Member 9512

Level 4.85

Jul 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:57 AM #5 of 185
blah. i won't be in the country for the first episode. but i've already been anticipating it since end of last season. i thought the ending was too abrupt to be a season finale type cliff hanger.

i can't wait to see what tea-bag does in his circumstance

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 07:49 PM #6 of 185
There is a sneak peak of Season 2 available on DirectTV. I forget what channel.

It seems that for one thing...
Spoiler:
that Fichtners character will somehow realize about Michael's Tattoo and its significance
and regarding Teabag
Spoiler:
he survives

Tomorrow comin like wut.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Aug 20, 2006 at 07:51 PM.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:09 PM #7 of 185
Originally Posted by BZ
Tomorrow comin like wut.
And I won't be able to see the first two episodes...

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 07:26 PM #8 of 185
Originally Posted by BZ
There is a sneak peak of Season 2 available on DirectTV. I forget what channel.

It seems that for one thing...
Spoiler:
that Fichtners character will somehow realize about Michael's Tattoo and its significance
and regarding Teabag
Spoiler:
he survives

Tomorrow comin like wut.

I've never seen that sneak peek or whatever, but you can pretty much tell those things just from the commercials and the trailer. Combine those with interviews available online and stuff, and you can pretty much tell that

Spoiler:
everyone who was alive in season finale is coming back, including Haywire, Tweener, and Dr. Tancredi.

The notable exception of course is President Reynolds, since Patricia Wettig basically left the show (she wasn't under contract, and decided to work on the show Brothers & Sisters instead of returning to Prison Break) and they didn't recast the role. I personally think this is really stupid, and while I wouldn't want them to recast the role, they shouldn't have to wait and just hope that the other show gets cancelled just so she can come back (I can't believe they're doing this too, especially after they went through the same thing with C-Note last year).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 10:33 PM #9 of 185
Well those were just examples that I gave from the peek, there was other stuff, but I don't feel like recalling everything. Anyway they cant just ignore the president now. WTF. How is that going to work lol.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:15 AM #10 of 185
Can someone tell me how Teabag lost his hand because I don't remember that happening.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:50 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 01:50 AM #11 of 185
LoL how can you forgot something that just happened three months ago. Basically, during the escape, TBAG picked up handcuffs off of the cop who they restrained during the window escape, then in the van he attached himself to Michael so he doesnt screw him out of the escape. This fucks up abruzzis plan because he needs only him and scoffield on the plane. So in the barn later on Abruzzi comes out of nowhere with an axe while someone was holding his hand down (I don't remember) and bang off with it. Abruzzi didnt want him tagging along and of course he wanted some revenge for Tbag slicing his neck earlier in the season even though he didn't admit it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:35 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 07:35 AM #12 of 185
Originally Posted by BZ
So in the barn later on Abruzzi comes out of nowhere with an axe while someone was holding his hand down (I don't remember) and bang off with it.
That was an awesome "holy shit" scene.

While Wettig isn't in regular cast anymore, she's still gonna be in guest cast. I wonder for how many episodes though.

Tonight comin like wut.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
waka waka

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 02:37 PM #13 of 185
I thought it was two hours, but it says vanished is on at 9

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 10:19 PM #14 of 185
Also looking forward to the new season premiere. I'm in Germany, so no FOX for me. Fortunately, generous P2P pirates provide me with regular episodes and I hope they're fast enough with the release tonight.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 07:47 PM #15 of 185
Man, that was a fucking great episode.

The beginning started off a little weak (am I seriously supposed to believe that as close as all those guys were to them, they wait until the last minute to actually take a shot at them?), but once they got past that the show really started to pick up.

One thing that I liked was how Michael really doesn't give a shit about the others anymore. Even after the relationships he's formed with them, all he gives a shit about is him and Lincoln, just like when he first went in to Fox River. I mainly like it because I can't wait to see them all go their own ways, as it'll be interesting to see what they do without Micheal's careful planning.

Agent Mahone seems like a pretty good character. He's like one step down from being Michael's equal, so watching him try to chase him down is pretty fun to watch.

T-Bag (why does everyone keep calling him Teabag?) was pretty boring, as his story was predictable. Even with the predictability though, the way it was executed was seemed kinda cliche (right off the top of my head I can think of scenes on 24 and Buffy when a doctor in a small clinic who isn't skilled enough to perform whatever procedure needed is forced to to do it anyway). Hopefully once they gey past this, he'll get some more interesting storylines.

I'm rethinking them actually keeping Dr. Tancredi alive, because as of now she's pretty useless. Maybe later they'll make her do something interesting, like help out Michael or something, but right now there's really not that much for her character to do. I guess the main thing for her is supposed to be how much trouble will she be in, but that's not really that important overall.

And damn, Veronica. Definitely didn't expect that. In retrospect, I guess it makes sense, since if she did expose Terrence it would essentially end the series, but just the way it happened was pretty shocking.

Again, that was a great episode, a great way to kick off the new season. It had a different feel than season 1, but that just helps keep the show fresh. Next week's episode looks good as well, and I hope they can keep this up fpr a whole season. I honestly don't know if they can keep this up, but I hope they do.

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 02:20 AM #16 of 185
Yeah the premeire owned. Was also shocked by Veronica's death. How sweet was that sequence right after they got civilian clothes. Damn looked so cool.

Oh and the FBI agent Mahone owned as well of course. Next week looks even better to be honest. Can't wait.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 07:55 AM #17 of 185
The opener was awesome. Veronica's death was quite an OHSHIT moment.

The new agent is shaping up to be a great rival for this season. Should be exciting to watch.

For some reason I'm finding Tancredi's friend there to be a a bit suspicious, but that might just be me.

Mondays are getting awesome again.

waka waka

Pianoaja
Steinwayboy

Member 6573

Level 11.58

May 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:32 PM #18 of 185
OMG!!! I missed it yesterday, how did Veronica die?

Check out my Composition and Recording thread @Aja's Compositions and Recordings
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 12:46 PM #19 of 185
While she was at Terrence Steadman's house, she called the cops on her cell phone. When they came, one of the officers pulled his gun out and said "Are you alright, Mr. Steadman?" He then pointed the gun at Veronica and then shot her. Afterwards it was revealed that it wasn't cops that came, but government agents, who said that they receive all calls made to the police station in Blackfoot.

And she's definitely dead too. Not only did they show that her body had been shot in the head and in the chest, but they also took her body out in several bags, which means they cut her up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:02 PM #20 of 185
I like how the convicts mysteriously escaped from the field. Somebody plz explain why they destroyed the suspension of reality that they had going.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Pianoaja
Steinwayboy

Member 6573

Level 11.58

May 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:16 PM #21 of 185
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
While she was at Terrence Steadman's house, she called the cops on her cell phone. When they came, one of the officers pulled his gun out and said "Are you alright, Mr. Steadman?" He then pointed the gun at Veronica and then shot her. Afterwards it was revealed that it wasn't cops that came, but government agents, who said that they receive all calls made to the police station in Blackfoot.

And she's definitely dead too. Not only did they show that her body had been shot in the head and in the chest, but they also took her body out in several bags, which means they cut her up.
Oh snap!, Thanks man

Check out my Composition and Recording thread @Aja's Compositions and Recordings
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 08:00 PM #22 of 185
Thumbs up Prison Breeeaaak! Yay!

It's so good to see the series are back! Awesome episode!

They didn't show anything about Haywire or Tweener... why? Yeah, so they're not important, but I want to know what happened to them. It's like those who got left out of the main group are the ones with the more chances of getting away.

Did anyone else notice how Lincoln looked at Abruzzi after the interaction with the man and his daughter? I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. Luckily they have at least one gun! ...and maybe the shotgun from the other guy.

What was that pill agent Mahone had in his pen? Nice character. A smart one like Scoffield! At the beginning I thought he'd be a typical antagonist like Bellick or Kellerman... btw whatever happened to LJ?

I liked T-Bag's story too. Would he save his hand!? I love T-Bag! Especially that maniac look he had during the whole episode. Once he solves his hand issue, I'd like to see how his story continues. Really. What does he *want* now?

----

Damn! How could I forget to mention Veronica's death after everyone commented on it?

Totally unexpected and awesome! AWESOME! Like it wasn't good enough they killed Nick Savvrin!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Umma; Aug 22, 2006 at 06:06 PM.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:33 PM #23 of 185
Originally Posted by BZ
LoL how can you forgot something that just happened three months ago.
I didn't forget. I never saw it in the first place.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 10:05 AM #24 of 185
Originally Posted by Umma
What was that pill agent Mahone had in his pen? Nice character. A smart one like Scoffield! At the beginning I thought he'd be a typical antagonist like Bellick or Kellerman... btw whatever happened to LJ?

I liked T-Bag's story too. Would he save his hand!? I love T-Bag! Especially that maniac look he had during the whole episode. Once he solves his hand issue, I'd like to see how his story continues. Really. What does he *want* now?
Don't what that pill was... but it's a definite hint that he's got some illness, and it might be used against him at some future episode.

As for T-Bag saving his hand, even if it is somehow successful, wouldn't it take weeks/months for it to be really usable again.. surpassing the duration this season would probably go through? Meh...

As for mysteriously escaping from the field, is it that unreal to have a field (especially by a private airport) lead off into some woods? OSNAP REALITY DESTROYED. Meh.

waka waka

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 01:16 PM #25 of 185
Originally Posted by Umma
It's so good to see the series are back! Awesome episode!

They didn't show anything about Haywire or Tweener... why? Yeah, so they're not important, but I want to know what happened to them. It's like those who got left out of the main group are the ones with the more chances of getting away.

Did anyone else notice how Lincoln looked at Abruzzi after the interaction with the man and his daughter? I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. Luckily they have at least one gun! ...and maybe the shotgun from the other guy.

----

Damn! How could I forget to mention Veronica's death after everyone commented on it?

Totally unexpected and awesome! AWESOME! Like it wasn't good enough they killed Nick Savvrin!
Well they did mention Tweener and Haywire on the convict fugitive list in the begginiing of the show and if you watched the NEXT EP preview [spoil] they show Tweener and an LJ storyline coming up [spoil]

The only shows I don't watch the previews for is 24 and Smallville for some reason. Seems to ruin the show for me, but Prison Break seems fine. Meh Shrug.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Prison Break (Season 2 Discussion Thread)