Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] God Of War 2

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:14 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 03:14 PM #51 of 60
Hey Simo from where i can order this guide online, how much it cost?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:18 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 10:18 AM #52 of 60
Hmmm...you guys remember that Island of Rhodes website with the 'countdown' I posted on the previous page? It finally finished, but I guess is a total letdown. Everyone thought it would be some big announcement for the next God of War game, but it seems to be only behind the scenes bonuses. Oh well.

Anyways, I guess deep in the website is a hidden code to unlock an HD mode for the game:
Quote:
"As the game boots up, before even the white text 'SCEA Presents' Legal screen comes up. Hold down L1 + L2 + L3 (thumbstick button) + Square + Circle simultaneously. If you did it right the legal screen will show up in a nice shade of purple. If you want to run in 480p you are still going to need to set that up through the menus as you do normally. This cheat will work on the PS2 and also the PS3. If you are doing this on the PS3 you may need to plug the controller in using the USB cable, as the controller is a little slow to come to life when the game boots."
I'm back at school now, and am not anywhere near my HDTV back home, so someone should definetly test this out to confirm it. I haven't played through the game yet, and would absolutley love to do this in HD.

EDIT:
Hmm. Guess it does work, but a lot of people experience slowdown when implementing this on their PS2, as it is meant for people with a PS3. Bitchin'.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by eprox1; Apr 13, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:28 AM #53 of 60
go check gametrailers.com there's a video that shows the beginning of the game in HD. It look pretty good, but I don't like that they're saying it will slow down the game, I don't know GoW2 doesn't seem to be the kind of game that you want some slow down...anyway we'll have to see how much slower it is ^^

Most amazing jew boots
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:07 PM #54 of 60
The mode really is meant for the PS3 and not so much the PS2 though it can be done. The PS2 hardware in the PS3 shares the PS3's memory allowing much more fluid gameplay in many games from GoW2, to BLACK.

Secondly when you pass the HD description part of the site, when you hit the proceed button it takes you to another puzzel. After dolving this one it leads to another counter that expires in 10 days and a bit with what appears to be the title of a new GoW game. If it's the PSP one or GoW3 it is still unknown, though my money is on it being for the PSP one.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:35 PM #55 of 60
Bah! What a letdown. I was hoping it would of been some official goods on the PSP title...

Hey Simo from where i can order this guide online, how much it cost?
EBgames or GameStop.com sells them but given your location Amazon.com might be your best bet since they sometimes send books internationally. The LE guide retails for $29.99 plus there'll be the shipping too.

Anyways after the first shipment was sold out instantly along with the second wave sold out last week, my Kratos figures finally arrived yesterday!

Unfortunately the photos I took with my POS camera do not do the figures justice but here are some better snaps from someone else with the figure just to give a better idea...
Spoiler:

TONS of articulation and one the best mass produced paint jobs to date. Suffice to say it's the best figure NECA have put out to date and I can't wait for the 12" version.

FELIPE NO
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:44 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 08:44 PM #56 of 60
The mode really is meant for the PS3 and not so much the PS2 though it can be done. The PS2 hardware in the PS3 shares the PS3's memory allowing much more fluid gameplay in many games from GoW2, to BLACK.

Secondly when you pass the HD description part of the site, when you hit the proceed button it takes you to another puzzel. After dolving this one it leads to another counter that expires in 10 days and a bit with what appears to be the title of a new GoW game. If it's the PSP one or GoW3 it is still unknown, though my money is on it being for the PSP one.
See, I've been reading all about this stuff, thats why I know of it, but I can't find it for shit. Not even the 'HD Code'. I heard about this other hidden countdown, but can't find shit. I get a screen that shows five videos, and another page that tells about the Island of Rhodes. I'm either lost, confused, or both.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:42 PM #57 of 60
The HD Code requires a code to access. after entering the main page with the videos hit proceed. Then there is a page with the history of Rhodes. This is actually the first puzzle.

Answer to puzzle can be found here: http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4416

This is where you find out about the HD mode. After that is the picture puzzle which leads to the new counter.

Also GT has a comparison video for the SD and HD versions of GoW2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...18591&type=wmv

Most amazing jew boots
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 04:00 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 04:00 PM #58 of 60
Oh awesome. How in the hell did anybody figure this stuff out. That's pretty clever. I hope to god that the countdown is for a PS3 God of War III. A PSP game would be cool and all, but I just have a craving for some next gen hack-n-slash.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:04 AM #59 of 60
Finished the game recently. Awesome experience, enjoyed more than the 1st to be honest.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:07 PM #60 of 60
Sorry to bump this up, but I'm now playing this game and I'm having a big problem. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I beat Theseus and got the Horse Keepers' key and tried using to on the emblem, but whenever I use it nothing happens! I can't even move Kratos around anymore. The only thing it'll let me do is pause.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] God Of War 2