Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamer Girl or Hot Girl

Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:07 AM #76 of 144
I think it's best not to think of your interest in gaming as "staying in the closet."

It certainly isn't the best conversation starter. But if you really like a girl, and have been dating her for a couple of months, and she dumps you because of your interest in videogames [which is really common in today's world] then she really isn't worth it.

But if you're ditching her to play video games, and see it as an alternative to being with her, she really has no choice but to leave you. Girls need attention, first and foremost, and they want to be your number 1 priority.

I've never had an experience where video games came between us, but I have had experience where religion did... and I applied the same logic to that, that if she wishes to leave me because of such ideals then she isn't worth it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The only way out is through.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:35 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 11:35 PM #77 of 144
Originally Posted by Void
But if you really like a girl, and have been dating her for a couple of months, and she dumps you because of your interest in videogames [which is really common in today's world] then she really isn't worth it.
If your woman left you 2 months into your relationship when she found out your played video games; not only was she NOT for you, you are a tool.

Quote:
I've never had an experience where video games came between us, but I have had experience where religion did... and I applied the same logic to that, that if she wishes to leave me because of such ideals then she isn't worth it.
I don't know how you can put religious beliefs and video games on the same plane of existence, but I do see where you're coming from. People aren't raised with the belief in Nintendo Almighty and weekly therapeutic EGM study after all.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 12:42 AM #78 of 144
Originally Posted by Encephalon
I don't know how you can put religious beliefs and video games on the same plane of existence, but I do see where you're coming from. People aren't raised with the belief in Nintendo Almighty and weekly therapeutic EGM study after all.
Have you ever actually TALKED to SOLDIER?

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Aug 10, 2006 at 01:50 AM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:48 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 11:48 PM #79 of 144
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Have you ever actually TALKED to SOLDIER?
Yes, but I don't think that ONE misfired cumshot should speak for this entire demographic.

It's "[ b ]" not "[ bold ]".

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:50 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 12:50 AM #80 of 144
Yes, but I don't think that ONE misfired cumshot should speak for this entire demographic.

Damn, you win this round, Carlos Mencia.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 10:12 AM #81 of 144
Originally Posted by Hydelloon
Sorry, the thread title is a little biased. My question can extend to girls as well.

A good portion of the GFF community is gamers. I was wondering if "gaming" is a characteristic you look for in girls or guys.

Personally, I dated a conventionally "hot" girl in high school. She had blond hair, green eyes and was athletic. She hated games though so I felt embarassed talking about it around her...;_; We eventually broke up due to compatability issues but you know, a pretty face and body will only get you so far.

Now I'm dating a gamer/anime girl. It may seem strange that I take "gaming" as a consideration but it is much easier for 2 main reasons.
1) We share a common hobby
2) I don't have to be ashamed of it
I felt like because our hobbies lined up, a lot of our personality traits did as well.

So my real question isnt about gaming or not gaming as much as it is about compatability. I read through the "Hot or Not" thread and "Looks Matter."

So yeah, discuss...?
good you learned your lesson, many, many do not. It's not about the fact the she plays games or watches anime but more of the fact of finding someone that has alot in common with you. Someone you can relate to, if that means they can talk on the same level with you when it comes to games and anime then hurray there you go. This is redundant I know but I'm just saying it's more then just games and anime I am looking for(although it is a part of it) It's what we have in common period.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:25 PM #82 of 144

Gaia Online, then, or gamefaqs. Penny Arcade's forums. Name it, man.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 02:53 PM #83 of 144
OK... So cumshots might get "misfired" more often than one might think. But just because they gather like a swarm of moths to one large flame doesn't mean they speak for everyone. :/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:14 PM #84 of 144
I'm just saying that thank god most of them are male, it saves on forced sterilization.

How ya doing, buddy?
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:42 AM #85 of 144
So you basically learned that personality is more important than looks. Good job.

A girl who games and watches anime is definately a plus, but it's not what I go around looking for. Lol, I don't join the anime club to find girls. :P So I guess I do base my first impressions on looks, everyone does... but the personaliy has to fit as well. The day you find a girl who is attractive and compatible to you, ohh its beautiful. Like everything has led up to this point lol. And you're like, "wait, you're amazingly hot and you play counterstrike?! NO!!". Anyways...

BTW, is this anime/gaming girl a tad weird? Like, is inlove with Japan for some weird reason, attempts the "americanized lolita look" and is part of alot of online communities? Stray away!

I was speaking idiomatically.
[RIGHT]
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:05 AM #86 of 144
This is most definitely a generational thing. My husband is mildly amused by my gaming, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that he would rather I didn't play games at all. I know of one other person my age in real life who I would consider a gamer and she, like me, doesn't discuss it much with other people. The only way I found out about her is because I caught her taking her Gameboy Advance out of her purse one day at work when I walked past her office. I would love to have a picture of my face at that moment.

Most amazing jew boots
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:32 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 01:32 PM #87 of 144
My girlfriend has little to no interest in games, except for the occasional Mario Kart on her brother's DS, but she isn't bothered by my gaming. I still favour being with her than playing some game, so it's not really an issue. Say we meet in the evening, she stays until 1 AM (her parents don't like it when she sleeps here everytime), and after that I play some games untile 4-5 AM, depending on if I have to get up at 7 or 8AM. Luckily I don't need a lot of sleep (3 hours, 5 if I got drunk), so I never have to bother her with my gaming habits.

FELIPE NO
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 02:10 AM #88 of 144
Like most people have already said, it's compatability that really matters most.

I'll put myself up as an example. I'm an average asian female in early to mid twenties, very short, mid-length sleek straight black hair, very prominent eyebrows, medium olive tone skin. Whether that is "attractive" to people, that's their decision, so I'll leave it up to them.

On the other hand, I play games. Not a whole lot (not to the extent of my guy buddies or my boyfriend), but enough to not be a complete noob (Magic the Gathering, World of Warcraft, Halo 2, Counterstrike, various console games to name a few).
I play video games (WoW extensively) to keep in touch with RL friends and to spend time with my significant other. It's not the optimal way to spend time with each other in some respects, but it's a way to keep communication for us. It's situational. What works for my personal relationship when it comes to gaming together may not work with some other couples out there. For me, it works because I work late at night and often times too tired to go out with the BF to "spend time" together. But, if it's gaming, I can come home, get on the computer, and chat for about 3 hours and do a decent amount of instancing / question on WoW while having a good conversation with him.
If it was RL, chances are with in that same time frame of 3 hours, we'll have dinner (1.5 hours), talk, and that would be it...and with a big chance that I'd get tired and fall asleep during that three hour date.

Dating with someone attractive over someone who you're more likely to care much about because you're more compatible with means that you're basically only looking skin deep. I find my boyfriend extremely attractive (I'm biased, sorry), and he's a tad bit "too much" of a gamer for me sometimes, but it's the other intellectual/emotional connections that we have that keeps the relationship in tact. At least that's what I'd like to believe about us.

Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:34 AM #89 of 144
I think really the question comes down to gamer girl vs non-gamer girl. Unfortunately I've found that a lot of the non-gamers didn't even like to accept gaming as a hobby that I do on my free time apart from them. It was a flaw in their eyes. I don't want to have to feel flawed by my significant other. I'd go for the gamer girl almost everytime because of that.

Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 06:10 PM #90 of 144
hmmm...I'd like a partner with the same hobby as mine...aside from the fact that it would cut expenses..I'd have someone to talk to without alienating somebody...In games I usually take notice of the thing as a whole...

so..basically me and a friend (and I mean only one) talks about how the composer sounsd a bit different or how this artist changed the style a bit or how the hell the designers got that into 3ds max or Maya. It would be a nice change to talk with somebody whod understand that....

but on the other hand just as long as we respect each others hobbies I'm fine.

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
My Dreams
Virtuosic Dreams ^_^

Member 1412

Level 21.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 12:43 AM #91 of 144
Most important of all is that the other party accepts you for who you are and your hobbies though it helps quite alot when the bf/gf has similar hobbies. That would make deciding where to go much easier. Not that having differences is bad - in fact, its good. With diversity both persons can be exposed to more things and broaden their interest (since couples tend to be influenced by each other... right?)

ChocoJournal
The Link to the Chocojournal works now!
Transcriptions A new thread for transcriptions of all sorts.

"The man had a huge head. Like a pumpkin, really." - Godowskian on Shura Cherkassky
reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:42 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 01:42 AM #92 of 144
I think that if a girl doesn't want your to talk about a certain something that really isn't big, in your case...video games, then the relationship is not worth you time. She has no right control what you talk about.

The girl I recently dated hated video games, then I decided to force her to play Ghost Recon 2 for the XBox360 and she immediately got hooked. Everyday she came over she wanted to play...and one day she got a score higher than me.

There's nothing wrong with getting a girl to play a game, in fact the reason why (if not the reason why everyone else plays them) is because it's a temporary escape from the real world.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop
Nofirefrog
Wark!

Member 13099

Level 2.00

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 11:03 PM #93 of 144
Originally Posted by Ronz
What matters most to me is... that she accepts the fact that I am one... The girls that don't mind your nerdy habits don't seem to come around too often.
Very well said.

I have managed to find very nice looking girl who accepts me and my habits/hobbies. Its awesome. She also decided that one day I have to teach to play some games. Very Cool.:biggrin:

Nofirefrog

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 06:50 PM #94 of 144
Nah, I don't care about whether the girl is into videogames or not. Since I am not into them as much, my need for that has diminished. I have diversified my interests over the past while and as a result allows me to seek different types of girls.

There aren't many around in the first place, so you are kinda forced into looking at other interests.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 11:50 AM #95 of 144
As a general rule:

NOBODY can hate all video games. You got a hot girl but she doesn't like Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft? Big deal. Place her in front of a TV with a game like DDR or Guitar Hero, or even something a little more conventional like Soul Calibur or Burnout (the newer ones, duh) and you'll bring something out in her that neither you nor she knew she had.

One of those four games are guaranteed to be enjoyable for her.

FELIPE NO
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:58 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 11:58 AM #96 of 144
Prove me wrong. :P

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 12:25 PM #97 of 144
I never said it would make them interested in video gaming. I implied they would enjoy one or more of those games. Slight difference there. I got plenty of friends who enjoy Guitar Hero and/or DDR, but would never play anything else, or obsess over the games in any fashion.

I will concede there are always exceptions to the rule - but why the hell would you wanna socialize with people that BORING anyway? Someone who doesn't even enjoy THOSE games is likely to not enjoy anything besides doing their hair and gossiping about other people and driving around in their daddy's brand new Beamer.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 12:12 PM #98 of 144
Dev, just admit when you've been proven wrong. You don't want to ignite this guy's emotionless passion.

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 02:19 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 01:19 PM #99 of 144
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
They can't possibly be intellectual unless they play video games? Are you fucking serious?

I think you prove gamers can be total morons.
The idea is that those games have entertainment value that's enjoyable to anyone with any interest in anything other than looking good, or other boring snooty stereotypes. I'll draw you a picture next time so you won't have to misinterpret what I said.
And yes. Gamers can be total morons. So can non-gamers. Glad you're with us.

#3 (whoever you are, you people and your airplanes...) Hah, that was actually kind of funny. I was going to change it, but now I think I'll keep Emotionless Passion, in honor of this amusing moment.

soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 12:47 PM #100 of 144
Despite the huge variety in games nowadays, I know girls that don't like anything... not even DDR. They'll play it to humour whoever else is playing. Karaoke revolution is another, but that's only if the enjoy singing. Everyone must have at least played Tetris at some point or another, or solitaire through windows.

So yeah, if you look at that way, EVERYONE must have played some sort of "video game" at some point in their life and enjoyed it. Doesn't mean their a gamer, and definitely doesn't mean that they're interesting either. I don't think anyone goes around hating video games with a passion and avoiding it at all costs, but we're talking about girls and gaming. The ones that don't play, they really don't care to.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Gamer Girl or Hot Girl