Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Personality Traits You Hate

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:36 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:36 PM #26 of 91
I think its funny how the traits you hate has gotten so much more attention than the traits you love, is that saying something?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:39 PM #27 of 91
Originally Posted by Delorean
I think its funny how the traits you hate has gotten so much more attention than the traits you love, is that saying something?
Are you addressing me?

Because there are far fewer traits I love than the traits I hate. I am an overly-selective bitch.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:04 PM #28 of 91
I hate people with bad table manners. I mean, close your goddam mouth when you chew, and stop smacking. Bothers me to no end.

Also, I really hate those people who act differently towards you in different situations. Like, they'll be cool around you when it's one on one, but if they are around their friends they'll blow you off like you aren't cool enough to be around them.

Lastly, I hate people who absolutely have to be better than you at everything. If you say you can do something, they say they could do that back in primary school, and if you attempt anything, they're the first to criticize it as pathetic.

And flakes! Flaky people that never pull their own weight make me angry.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:20 PM #29 of 91
I'm so irritable. If it irritates someone else, it's irritating me twice as much. Honestly, I can't even try to make a list here, becuase it encompasses every vice possible.

But I mostly hate thiefs and liars; usually these two come in the same package. Don't steal my stuff, I worked hard for it. If you do, please admit it, it will reduce my anger greatly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:27 PM #30 of 91
How about the arrogant/smart-ass dudes that, because of their background (for ex. rich, intelligent, naturally beautiful) take advantage of what they have? Girls who know they're beautiful and use it, guys who don't need to do well at school who can pay their way through to uni and arrogant idiots who, because of their smartness, are able to talk big and meet up to the standards?

Argh or maybe I'm just anti-social.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:29 PM #31 of 91
Originally Posted by ^___^
I hate it when people can't keep their fucking distances with me. This is MY breathing space, this is YOUR breathing space and THIS is the fucking demilitarized zone between us, thank you.

It gets on my nerves when those people walk so close to me that I feel they're trying to crush me against the nearest wall. Or when they have to speak RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE, because clearly I couldn't hear them from a couple feet away. Keep your bad breath to yourself, please. I feel really uncomfortable when someone invades the little personal space I need.
Same here. I've been known to back away from people when they start doing that stuff. Depending on who it is (a friend), I'll walk away.

Talking loudly just to get attention gets on my nerves as well. I really can't stand it, especially if they talk louder that my headphones turned up to 10...

FELIPE NO
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:49 PM #32 of 91
Originally Posted by doodle
I hate people with bad table manners. I mean, close your goddam mouth when you chew, and stop smacking. Bothers me to no end.
How about people who growl when they eat?

Anyway...I really don't like it when people pretend they are something they are not (looks at people who pretends to be a certain stereotype that they are NOT...*cough*)

Also really do not like hypocrisy but I am also a criminal of this one T-T

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:56 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:56 PM #33 of 91
I hate superficial people, but I do kinda feel the need to clarify myself. If my friend is really in to over-the-top jewelry and expensive clothing, that is alright with me. I consider that a "style", and whether or not it is a good look for them, I just respect that. If my friend is really in to leather and lace, even in the hot summer days and cold winter nights, I can dig that. What I can't stand are people that push themselves to give an impression of looking rich, or looking hardcore, or looking sexy. I can't stand posers. I respect a comic book geek wearing a starwars t-shirt a size too tight before I respect a fat chick in spandex, unless they are butch dykes that take no shit, in which it is more of a respectable hardcore mentality than a unrespectable sexy mentality. I know it is contradictary to say "be who you want to be" when some people do strive to be posers, but I don't care to split hairs.

I can't stand know-it-alls as well. I always support the voice of another's opinion, espically when it crosses my own, because you can have civil debates on the subject and get a broader perspective. On the other hand, there are people who "know the facts" about a subject they have hardly dabbled in and swear that they practically have a PhD in the subject. It is alright to be wrong, as sometimes we are informed of fiction that others conveyed as fact, but just admit you could be or are wrong when new facts arise.

I also can't stand white suburban kids who think that the closer you live to a big city, the more ghetto you are. It is funny how these white kids from Joliet and Zion (suburbs of Chicago) think that everybody who lives in Chicago is a gangster, but it doesn't phase them to find out that they have a high population of KKK and Nazi members. It is even funnier if you are from Cicero, which was a suburb literally run by mob rule. The city isn't the ghetto, it's just parts of Chicago that bring the image down (Cabrini Green was the best example until it was torn down).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:10 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:10 AM #34 of 91
People that get angry with the simplest things at the drop of the hat. You know, those people who you feel like you are verbally walking eggshells with? Oddly enough, one of my closest friends is exactly like that. :-P

Also, I dislike it when people apologize too much. It doesn't make any sense! You didn't do anything wrong!

Additionally, there are other people who have this sort of demeanor with you that is "fake-friendly." This is hard to describe, and is probably completely subjective, but basically certain people interact with me in ways that a bully would pretend to be friendly with a "victim." Like they are sitting/standing there waiting for you to say or do something that they can mock.
I just hate this. Either be friendly, or be unfriendly... just don't fucking pretend!

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:54 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:54 PM #35 of 91
I hate it when people can't take a joke, then turn right around and throw one at you without a second thought. That's one of the reasons why i hate pre teens. I've gotten so much trouble from parents and staff at the summer camp where i usually work for making jokes that are obvious to me, but a kid taking it seriously. I only made the joke cause the kid seemed smart enough to understand it, considering he just finished telling me one, which was on par with my own.

I also hate people who have to ruin a joke for absolutly no reason. Or rather, this can be summed in by saying, people who are unwilling to suspend their disbelief. I have a friend who's exactly like this. He is completley inable to accept any abnormalities in movies, jokes, books, anything. If he sees something he doesn't like, he points it out, tells it how he thinks it should be, and then has to endure countless orders to shut up from just about anybody in the room. He's a good guy, but sometimes he drives me crazy.

I also hate people who are closed minded, especially on the topic of music. My biggest problem is when i'm driving with friends... well this is how it normally plays out.

"Mind if i put on some music?"
"What kind do you have?"
"Mostly heavy metal."
"Then no."
"Why's that?"
"Cause it's barley music."
"How's that?
"Well it helps if you can understand the lyrics, and maybe if there was a melody."

And i'm talking like Dream Theater, and Helloween here. I don't wanna start any music wars here, but i think most people will agree with me that Dream Theater and Helloween are worth at least a listen. I put up with/and for the most part enjoy all kinds of music, often with the same people as in this situation. I think the least they could do is try out my style at least once, and besides, i'm driving, so i should decide.

I also hate it when people discredit me as not knowing something on the subject, when it's clear that i know more than them. My friend tried to tell me the purpose of Karate, when i studied it for 10 years and attained a black belt, and he's never seen anything beyond The Karate Kid. I told him he was wrong, then he laughed at me and walked away.

There's probably some others, but these are the big ones.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:24 AM #36 of 91
I dunno about closed-mindedness; your friends might have a point about your choice in music.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:27 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:27 AM #37 of 91
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
I dunno about closed-mindedness; your friends might have a point about your choice in music.
whatever. My point is that they've never heard it, so they can't classify it, yet they do anyways. Wouldn't that piss you off?

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:34 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:34 AM #38 of 91
Originally Posted by Helloween
whatever. My point is that they've never heard it, so they can't classify it, yet they do anyways. Wouldn't that piss you off?
Yes it would.

And I am just making simple fun.

(also... postcount ++ [DANG YOU CAPO AND SONIC!])

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:35 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:35 PM #39 of 91
If he sees something he doesn't like, he points it out, tells it how he thinks it should be, and then has to endure countless orders to shut up from just about anybody in the room.
Oh my god! I have a friend who does the same shit! It's seriously the most annoying shit and it's sometimes it's rather embarrasing.

For example: Just last week I was at my sister's house working on some price adjustments with my brother-in-law when this guy showed up looking for me. I told him we were almost done and he just hung out with us in the living room in which my sister was also watching Cash Cab. This guy was annoyed that for the "mobile shoutout" portion of the gameshow they were using Cingular Wireless service and his rant went something like this.

Friend: "OF COURSE they're using Cingular. Fucking corporate whores."
Sister: "What's wrong with them using Cingular?"
Friend: "Nothing, but do they HAVE to advertise it?"
Sister: "Well. Sponsors are normal for game shows. Why do you not get mad when they give away a Ford Mustang on Wheel of Fortune?"
Friend: "You're so fucking gullible! Do you really think that this show doesn't make enough money on its own?"
Me: "Shut the fuck up, right now. Don't you ever talk out of line in my sister's house"
Friend: "You guys have no sense of humor! I'm fucking out of here!"
Everyone:

FELIPE NO
Agrias
Holy Knight

Member 1338

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:39 AM #40 of 91
Somewhat along the lines of superficiality...

People who use footholds for conversation. You all know what I mean, "Hi, how are you? How was your day?" and the sort. Once or twice is completely fine, cuz everybody needs a place to start. But after the seventh or eighth time, all the while not caring about the other person's day, feelings, etc., it feels like you're being used. Used for acceptance, mostly.

I hate it.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:47 PM #41 of 91
My point is that they've never heard it, so they can't classify it, yet they do anyways.
What the fuck dude? Do you have the same friends as me, or what?

The same friend I mentioned above also does this shit to me ALL the time. For example... A month and a half ago we shot pool at his house (on MY pool table, mind you) and I swear to whatever god you believe in this was our actual conversation.

Me: "Hey, I got this new album by this band called Architecture In Helsinki. Put that on."
Friend: "They suck."
Me: "You've never heard them."
Friend: "Who gives a shit? They suck."
Me: "Why don't you at least give them a spin?"
Friend: "Fuck that, put on Creed again."

Later that week we were in my car listening to the SAME band that sucked and it went like this:

Friend: "Wow! Who's this?"
Me: "Why?"
Friend: "They sound awesome."
Me: "You think so? I thought you said they sucked."
Friend: "I never said that!"
Me: "Dude! You just told me that on Saturday! You wanted to listen to Creed while we were shooting pool!"
Friend: "Well shit! I must have been drunk!"
Me: "Dude... You've been sober since New Year's... "
Friend:

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:38 AM #42 of 91
Originally Posted by doodle
I agree. People with bad table manners should just go somewhere and eat by themselves. I really can't stand it when people chew with their mouths open, examine their food, talk with their mouths full or pick through their food with their fingers. No offense, but men seem to have waaaaay worse table manners overall than women. I think some guys think it's manly to eat like a pig.

My mother would have slapped me out of my chair if I had eaten like that at her table.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:41 PM #43 of 91
I really hate people who talk non-stop. People who only listen to others stories or opinions when taking a breath. I find if you know every detail of what the person did during the week, without asking specifically, within the first 30 minutes of meeting them, then they talk too much. These people are often female and also dead boring.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:30 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:30 AM #44 of 91
Overly cocky super arrogant know-it-all SOB's who know everything in the world, flaunt it about like thier freaking Albert Einsteins, and you cant tell them anything different. I cant tell you how much that annoys the flying backflipping fuck out of me.

On a completely different note - a lot of the personality traits my father has I find myself conflicted over and I'll kind of get mad at myself when I emulate them without thinking. =\

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:32 AM #45 of 91
Originally Posted by Dubble
On a completely different note - a lot of the personality traits my father has I find myself conflicted over and I'll kind of get mad at myself when I emulate them without thinking. =\
Ditto. And let me tell you, it gets worse as you get older. I'm starting to think that no matter how hard we try not to, when we get old we actually become our parents.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:47 AM #46 of 91
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I agree. People with bad table manners should just go somewhere and eat by themselves. I really can't stand it when people chew with their mouths open, examine their food, talk with their mouths full or pick through their food with their fingers. No offense, but men seem to have waaaaay worse table manners overall than women. I think some guys think it's manly to eat like a pig.

My mother would have slapped me out of my chair if I had eaten like that at her table.
You're so silly. Food is for putting in your mouth, any way you can. Men don't care much for ridiculous ritual or multi-forked tables. Women care about looking pretty and doing things in a "civilized" manner.

I was raised with impeccable manners. I ignore almost every single one of them these days unless I am in a really upper-scale place where I'd get kicked out otherwise.

More things I dislike:
People who have more clothes than their house can handle. People who get their nails done on a regular basis only to be hindered in daily life. So I guess we could say thats pretty much beauty before logic.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:06 AM #47 of 91
Originally Posted by magi
We can't really help it. Sometimes eye contacts are just uncomfortable for some people.
I refuse to believe that you can't help it (unless you have a condition like autism). You know that it's not socially acceptable not to be able to make eye contact. You know it's something you have a hard time with. Why just accept it and say that you "can't help it"? Your mind is strong. You can do amazing things with it. Just tell your eyes what to do and they'll do it. It might not be within your comfort zone, but sometimes you have to suck it up and make yourself do things that are hard, for your own good. If you do it enough, it will probably start to feel natural eventually.

Of course, like you said, there are legitimate conditions that make it almost impossible for some people to maintain eye contact, but for most people it's something that you just have to work on if you want to be socially acceptable.

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:09 AM #48 of 91
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I refuse to believe that you can't help it (unless you have a condition like autism). You know that it's not socially acceptable not to be able to make eye contact. You know it's something you have a hard time with. Why just accept it and say that you "can't help it"? Your mind is strong. You can do amazing things with it. Just tell your eyes what to do and they'll do it. It might not be within your comfort zone, but sometimes you have to suck it up and make yourself do things that are hard, for your own good.

Of course, like you said, there are legitimate conditions that make it almost impossible for some people to maintain eye contact, but for most people it's something that you just have to work on if you want to be socially acceptable.
Once again, agree.

I don't see why it would make you uncomfortable to make eye contact with people. What do you have to hide? Its a sign of little confidence to me, and I automatically write people off who show these traits.

And Alice is right - sometimes, despite your comfortability levels, you have to be a man and just do it. None of us like jury duty, none of us like dealing with the police, et cetera. There are some things in life you should just learn to live with.

If you want to get a good job and maintain healthy human relationships, you should be able to look a person in the eye.

Please don't take offense to this. ;_;

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:50 PM #49 of 91
Originally Posted by Encephalon
What the fuck dude? Do you have the same friends as me, or what?

The same friend I mentioned above also does this shit to me ALL the time. For example... A month and a half ago we shot pool at his house (on MY pool table, mind you) and I swear to whatever god you believe in this was our actual conversation.

Me: "Hey, I got this new album by this band called Architecture In Helsinki. Put that on."
Friend: "They suck."
Me: "You've never heard them."
Friend: "Who gives a shit? They suck."
Me: "Why don't you at least give them a spin?"
Friend: "Fuck that, put on Creed again."

Later that week we were in my car listening to the SAME band that sucked and it went like this:

Friend: "Wow! Who's this?"
Me: "Why?"
Friend: "They sound awesome."
Me: "You think so? I thought you said they sucked."
Friend: "I never said that!"
Me: "Dude! You just told me that on Saturday! You wanted to listen to Creed while we were shooting pool!"
Friend: "Well shit! I must have been drunk!"
Me: "Dude... You've been sober since New Year's... "
Friend:
Yeah, man i've been there too. I picked up a friend of mine one day, and she hates the white stripes (i rather like them). I had Get Behind Me Satan playing on the player when i picked her up, and she didn't say a thing. I think the only song she'd heard by them was Fell in Love With a Girl, and ever since then, the band has been unworthy of her ears.

I asked her if i should turn it off, and she said no it's not bad. When we were getting closer to where we were going, she was really enjoying it, and she finally asked which band it was. When i told her it was the White Stripes she looked really confused, and refused to believe me.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:11 PM #50 of 91
People who seem to have a constant need to be the best at everything, or have the answer to everything. It doesn't matter what you ask, they have the correct answer (even if they have no fucking idea what they are talking about). It doesn't matter what you've done, they've done it better/faster/harder/longer--even if they really haven't. They exaggerate anything and everything to make themselves look better. Its annoying as shit, but I've found that it often conceals a severe self-esteem issue.

People with very poor personal hygiene. I mean distinct body order, huge pit stains, filthy clothing covered in stains, a complete buffet coming out of the spaces in their teeth. Put some effort into taking care of yourself! I don't care if you don't want to bathe every day, but at least put some goddamn deodorant on and fake it!

The incredibly indecisive. I mean totally unable to make any decision at all for the group. They just stand around and wait for someone else to tell them what to do. Voice your opinion, dammit, because I know you have one!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Personality Traits You Hate