Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Question for the girls

NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:40 PM #51 of 127
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
P.S. I wear very little makeup and NEVER dress like a ho.
I don't know why the government is investing all this money in rebuilding the levee system in New Orleans. Next time a hurricane comes through, they just need to have you spread your legs at the mouth of the Mississippi and everyone will be spared.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:40 PM #52 of 127
To me, the procuring is just the initiation. If she goes with what I have to offer at first contact, and we hit it off and have a long-lasting relationship, I couldn't care less about why she was so "easily" procured. It happened, we're both happy, and that's all I'm thinking about.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:56 PM #53 of 127
I just have to say that some girls like wearing makeup and dressing up a bit simply for themselves, not for unwarranted attention. It's like saying it's a rape victim's fault because she was wearing a short skirt.

There's a fine line between dressing up for attention and simply dressing up. The dressing up for attention girls get what they deserve but I'd hate to think I can't wear a fucking dress out in public without being bombarded by guys and then when I reject them, be called a bitch with a stick up my ass. Because believe it or not, the first thing going through my mind in the morning when I'm getting dressed is not "How can I clothe myself to crush as many man balls as possible today."

Should we all just wear burkas so we won't get any attention at all? Because that's what this is starting to sound like.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:05 PM #54 of 127
Yeah, seriously. Girls strive for attention, and when we give it to them, they think we're freaks. I guess it wasn't me who she had in mind .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:05 PM #55 of 127
I have heard from many sources that women also have a tendency to like to dress up merely to try and show up other women, or to just impress other gals, not to get attention from men.

FELIPE NO
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:10 PM #56 of 127
I like girls in sweats and plain t-shirts with little to no makeup. Am I an oddball?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:11 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:11 PM #57 of 127
Originally Posted by Devo
Never said people deserved what they got, but they know full well what they're doing if they have the looks and the style.
Exactly what are they "doing". Dressing like a girl? Dressing pretty? I've had friends attacked at clubs because of what they were wearing and have come across my far share of sleezes. Does that mean I'm not allowed to wear a tank top and tight jeans to a club, because men might take it the wrong way? There has to be a better solution to these problems than just "It's the girl's fault because of her looks and style."

Like I've said, there are some girl that dress up simply for attention. We all know girls like this, they get what they deserve but how do people distinguish between the attention whores and the ones who just dress how they want to dress for themselves.

How ya doing, buddy?
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:19 PM #58 of 127
Originally Posted by kat
We all know girls like this, they get what they deserve but how do people distinguish between the attention whores and the ones who just dress how they want to dress for themselves.
I agree with ya there. Girls who 'get what they deserve' gives a bad wrap for all the other innocent girls out there. Some girls wear makeup for no particular reason other than to look a little bit better than normal. However, there are girls who use their elevated looks as a weapon, and procede to use this weapon on any hapless guy who may cross her path.

Moreso, how to distinguish the evil attention whores from the good is what I've been trying to figure out since I first came across this thread! I'm beginning to think it's impossible, however.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:21 PM #59 of 127
Originally Posted by Plarom
Moreso, how to distinguish the evil attention whores from the good is what I've been trying to figure out since I first came across this thread! I'm beginning to think it's impossible, however.
It is impossible to do on sight. You actually have to take a risk, and converse with her.

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:21 PM #60 of 127
It's not rape when a girl lets down a guy simply because he's attracted to her, and she's definitely dressed to impress (out of the ordinary) ... The question is, who is she trying to impress?

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:23 PM #61 of 127
Originally Posted by Smoodle
It's not rape when a girl lets down a guy simply because he's attracted to her, and she's definitely dressed to impress (out of the ordinary) ... The question is, who is she trying to impress?
Perhaps whatever guy who might, in the off chance, come by, sweep her off her feet, and fulfill her every imagined fantasy(realistic or not). You gotta be prepared, cuz you never know.

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:25 PM #62 of 127
^ But wouldn't it be creepy to have some guy sweep a stranger off her feet?

Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:32 PM #63 of 127
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
It is impossible to do on sight. You actually have to take a risk, and converse with her.
I was going to make that very same point, but opted out of it.

It is impossible to do on sight, but since this entire thread is based on visual observations leading to concrete assumptions about a woman's character, I figured I wouldn't get into it.

Regardless, I agree, you'll never know how shallow a girl is until you've witnessed it first hand. Looks are not proper grounds to judge a person, but it's faaar too easy to jump to conclusions simply from someone's appearance.

Personally, I'm more interested about WHY women will look at you negatively if you do display some courage and approach them. Why is it that the woman who wear makeup for attention are too proud to accept this attention in good graces?

FELIPE NO
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:36 PM #64 of 127
Because you're automatically a Ted Bundy character and really, really creepy?

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:38 PM #65 of 127
No it means you shouldn't be surprised or annoyed when guys show an interest. Just act civil and say you're not interested. It's less about girls dressing up and more about how they act when they know full well dudes will approach. I've yet to meet a good looking girl with no confidence, so I'm pretty sure none of them are so naive to think they won't get attention when they go out.
There are some girl out there who take that chance and stomp on that guy's ego. There are some girls who politely decline. But when a man is pushy and insistent, is that deserved because of how she's dressed? "Well look at what you're wearing, you obviously want this attention." Also there are plenty of women out there who are drop dead gorgeous but have no self confidence. Why are there such high rates of eating disorders out there, a lot of women who are fine by themselves and really quite beautiful but don't think so themselves. I hate to sound trite but confidence is a state of mind, not a physical being. Because you can look like some Brazillian model yet still think you're fat and ugly.

Quote:
Many DO in fact want that attention, but when it isn't the right guy, they act high and mighty, and that's bullshit. Once again you're assuming I think all of them deserve what they get, when I'm talking about the ones who are attention whoring and have attitude issues.
I won't argue that there are women like that out there and I agree they are fucking cunts but how do you distinguish between them and everyone else. Because you are inevitably grouping everyone else with them simply on how a girl is dressing.

Quote:
The whole "i dress pretty for myself" is bullshit for the majority of the female population. I'm more impressed with women who can admit to dressing up to look good for everybody then people who act like it's an act of self-love. When will our sex just admit we succumb to the shallow standards men have set up for us?
Good god Devo, not everything revolves around men for christ's sake. I'll use myself for an example then. I LIKE dressing up in skirts and dresses, I LIKE wearing nice makeup and having good hair. Does that mean I want men yelling at me when I walk down to street? No I don't, it makes me feel self conscious and makes me wish I wore jeans that day so I didn't attract attention. It is a fucking form of self-love. Because I can tell myself that I look pretty and yes, that is empowering.

And don't say I'm suppose to feel good when an asshole leans out of a car and whistles at me. Because I can damn well sure say I don't.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by kat; Mar 5, 2006 at 06:42 PM.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:41 PM #66 of 127
^ But wouldn't it be creepy to have some guy sweep a stranger off her feet?
But he is her dream guy. She will know INSTANTLY that he is the right one, and he her, and thus the whole creepiness factor is eliminated. She will feel as if she knew him all her life.
And they will ride off into the sunset, in his BMW Z8, happily ever after.

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:44 PM #67 of 127
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
But he is her dream guy. She will know INSTANTLY that he is the right one, and he her, and thus the whole creepiness factor is eliminated. She will feel as if she knew him all her life.
And they will ride off into the sunset, in his BMW Z8, happily ever after.
Hahahah! So true.

Double Post:
Whether or not you want it isn't the issue here. It's recognizing as a non-naive adult that you will get attention whether you desire it or not. If you can't handle such things don't go out at all. If one thing is unavoidable in this life, it's assholes who are going to catcall. It's up to you to realize they exist and they don't give a fuck whether you want their attention or not. Some women DO want it, some don't, but if the man approaches you with a sincere interest there is NO reason to flip him the bird, laugh at him or demean him in any way.

And just a question to ponder: Who sets the standards of female beauty?
I do.

Last edited by Smoodle; Mar 5, 2006 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:46 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:46 PM #68 of 127
Hahahah! So true.
Yeah. I find it rather humorous how no one is really disagreeing with me.

This is so ridiculously outlandish, but I don't think any honest woman would deny these things.
(either that, or it is so outlandishly wrong as to not be worth their time)

perhaps I should drop my engineering major, and go for psychology

Double Post:
Quote:
I do.
Unfortunately, this is not really the case. More often than not, it is women who set the common beauty standards. They are more often affected by what other women think about them than what men think about them.

Last edited by Fjordor; Mar 5, 2006 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:49 PM #69 of 127
Originally Posted by Plarom
I was going to make that very same point, but opted out of it.

It is impossible to do on sight, but since this entire thread is based on visual observations leading to concrete assumptions about a woman's character, I figured I wouldn't get into it.

Regardless, I agree, you'll never know how shallow a girl is until you've witnessed it first hand. Looks are not proper grounds to judge a person, but it's faaar too easy to jump to conclusions simply from someone's appearance.

Personally, I'm more interested about WHY women will look at you negatively if you do display some courage and approach them. Why is it that the woman who wear makeup for attention are too proud to accept this attention in good graces?
I like this post. This whole thread is how guys judge solely on how a girl looks and perhaps vice versa. But the thing is, a lot of good looking girls out there who get hit on the most are the shallowest of the bunch, but men wouldn't know that because they're too damn busy asking for her phone number first and getting to know her second.

Take home message boys, try to get to know her first before asking for the phone number. Because you may realize, she's not worth your time. The proper way to pick up a girl is to get into a friendly conversation in a bookstore aisle of similiar interest, rather than stopping someone on the street and the first things out of your mouth are (???) ???-????.

And they look at you negatively because the decent girls are offended that you only want to get to know her because of how she looks, not the otherway around.

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:58 PM #70 of 127
Originally Posted by kat
I like this post. This whole thread is how guys judge solely on how a girl looks and perhaps vice versa. But the thing is, a lot of good looking girls out there who get hit on the most are the shallowest of the bunch, but men wouldn't know that because they're too damn busy asking for her phone number first and getting to know her second.

Take home message boys, try to get to know her first before asking for the phone number. Because you may realize, she's not worth your time. The proper way to pick up a girl is to get into a friendly conversation in a bookstore aisle of similiar interest, rather than stopping someone on the street and the first things out of your mouth are (???) ???-????.

And they look at you negatively because the decent girls are offended that you only want to get to know her because of how she looks, not the otherway around.
No offense, but you're a dumb cunt.
How can I get to know you without talking to you?

You're the reason women get raped.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:00 PM #71 of 127
Whether or not you want it isn't the issue here. It's recognizing as a non-naive adult that you will get attention whether you desire it or not. If you can't handle such things don't go out at all. If one thing is unavoidable in this life, it's assholes who are going to catcall. It's up to you to realize they exist and they don't give a fuck whether you want their attention or not. Some women DO want it, some don't, but if the man approaches you with a sincere interest there is NO reason to flip him the bird, laugh at him or demean him in any way.

And just a question to ponder: Who sets the standards of female beauty?
Hey assholes exist, we can agree on that point. Do I let it bother me? Sometimes yes, sometimes no but it is a fact of life that they are out in the general population and fucking it up for everyone else. I deal with them, but I don't enjoy being told that I asked for it. Also I never said I flipped a guy the bird. Those attention whores and holi-than-thou girls may do but I do not get off by any means at stomping on a guy's ego because that is cruel and heartless and I am neither. The only issue I had with what you were championing throughout the thread was that if girls dresses a certain way, they received certain reactions and they should just suck it up and quit complaining because they asked for it. I really feel it's the man's problem, not the woman's and society has this thing where they love pinning it on the woman.

As for the last point, I think there are different standards of beauty. You have women lathed in the pages of Playboy who are, yes, very beautiful but you have someone like Rachael McAdams, who is this decent, wholesome pretty. Everyone has a type (some have fat fetishes and the like) so girls should just be themselves and hopefully, a man can appreciate that. But no one can deny that society deamns you to be a size 2 to be every remotely desirable.

FELIPE NO
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:00 PM #72 of 127
When I wrote the first post, I didn't mean the first things out of a guy's mouth - "what's your phone number?" I'm mainly just asking what girls do when a guy out of nowhere asks for a date, or asks to get to know the girl better.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:02 PM #73 of 127
And how is getting the phone number not a step in trying to get to know her?
Maybe I didn't make myself clear, initiate some sort of conversation and if she peaks your interest, then ask for the number.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:03 PM #74 of 127
Originally Posted by Reznor
No offense, but you're a dumb cunt.
How can I get to know you without talking to you?

You're the reason women get raped.
That's uncalled for.

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:04 PM #75 of 127
Originally Posted by kat
As for the last point, I think there are different standards of beauty. You have women lathed in the pages of Playboy who are, yes, very beautiful but you have someone like Rachael McAdams, who is this decent, wholesome pretty. Everyone has a type (some have fat fetishes and the like) so girls should just be themselves and hopefully, a man can appreciate that. But no one can deny that society deamns you to be a size 2 to be every remotely desirable.
Are you fat or ugly? It has to be one or the other if you rip on porn.

Newsflash, guys don't look at porn to find wives, they look at porn to get off. Most of those girls are ugly or airbrushed to look beautiful.

Society does not deam you to be a size 2, but you deam yourself to be a fat, ugly self-concious cunt.
When did society, and yes, I mean society, ever SAY to you, "You must be a size 2?". Don't even tell me to look at books or magazines, because that's a copout. It never SAID you had to look like that, you simply assumed it. On that same note, I can say guys are supposed to either look like pretty boys or a giant piece of muscles, which by the way, is not true.
Why? Because:
1) I don't read between imaginary lines.
2) I'm not ugly or fat (unlike yourself)
3) I'm not a dumb fucking cunt.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
That's uncalled for.
Thanks for adding to the conversation. Your post was uncalled for.
Get back on topic or GTFO.

Last edited by Reznor; Mar 5, 2006 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Question for the girls