Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Relationship with your Parents

Angel
SaturnJune

Member 1633

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 12:17 AM #51 of 130
I never got along with my parents. My dad simply never cared and my mom is an insane maniac that lives on the pain and suffering of others... To keep it short a prisoncamp would have been a more loving environment than the one I grew up in. Still now that I've finally escaped and I can actually say that I'm a very happy person (something that drives my mom crazy) they try to destroy my life. I guess that one of the things that scare me the most in life is them and my older brother... the guy's completely psychotic...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:31 PM #52 of 130
I have wonderful parents, I love them but it distresses me how often I overlook them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
timid geek
Observing

Member 562

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 05:48 PM #53 of 130
I have a great relationship with my mother. She and I relate to each other well.

I don't have any type of relationship with my father. I don't particularly like his personality or the way he reacts to things. He is very arrogant and overemotional. I don't hate him, but neither do i like him.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elcee
Self Imposed Bannishment

Member 1350

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:00 PM #54 of 130
I have a great relationship with my mother. It hasn't always been that way. We went three years without talking when I first fled from the nest. I needed my own space but now that I've found myself and am well on my way, we get along great. I call her at least 3 times a week. Too bad she can't fit in my pocket. I'd let her dance around on my dash when I'm bored.

Her husband is a douche. He's sore over the fact that I'm going to pay for their divorce and take care of my family that he neglects. I've been in fist fights with him as a teen. I don't like anyone treating my mother or brother like shit. I have compassion for him still, but I've had enough.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Scottie Wolfe
The Social Riot Machine

Member 3101

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:24 AM #55 of 130
Hmmm, well I have a good relationship with my father, probably due to the fact that I don't live with him. If I did we'd clash all the time I'm guessing, which is what happens between me and my mother.

I love my mother, but I can't stand her and her way of thinking sometimes. It's her way or the highway, etc. Most of the time we get by ok, but every now and then we butt heads and it ain't pretty.

FELIPE NO

Scottie Wolfe
Biographer/Profiler/Translator for JaME

***Visit JaME for up-to-date JROCK info!***
CrimsonSerenade
Life is a game. Fight to see if you are worth it.

Member 3108

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 02:25 AM #56 of 130
Tch, I've never had a decent relationship with my parents. As a matter of fact, I think they plan to assassinate me...

But seriously, I've never had a close relationship with either of them. Me and my mother are always at odds with each other, because of her hardcore religious ways, and my dad is someone who I can't talk to without getting into an conflict of some sort, mainly because of the fact that I just disagree with a lot of the things he's done and his morals. So nowadays, I generally tend to avoid them as much as possible, by staying out and not coming home until late. It's not that I don't love them, though, I still care for them as any child to parent would, but it's just that we just can't seem to get along.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Emergency Room: $800

Replacing a Glass Window: $1800

A New Jacket: $30

Having to tell everyone about me running through a window: Priceless.
Vida Eterna
Carob Nut

Member 3058

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:19 AM #57 of 130
I've always gotten on well with my mother. I guess in that sense I'm a bit of a mummy's boy. She's always been very supportive of me and respected my decisions so I've never had any problems with her.

My relationship with my father has been a little more turbulent. Before I left home especially. Living with him became very difficult, it was one of those cases where if he walked in the room and you were there he would start a fight or complain about something. I of course, was quite firey back would often rise to the complaints and start an arguement.

Things seem to have settled down a little since I've moved away from home. Whenever I go back home for a weekendor something things are more settled. Provided I don't hang around for more than a couple of days anyway, or we both start to grate on eachother again and things start getting heated...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 03:45 PM #58 of 130
There was a peaceful period for me and my mom. And then I changed - I admit I am the sole reason our bond has no kind of balance. "Now" I do not like this lady, I hate being around her, and it's a shame that if I persue that free life I've been wanting for some time, it will come at the cost of my mom being without a home and stuff cause she can't work and no one but me cares about her.

Most amazing jew boots
vicyn
Syklis Green

Member 976

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:34 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 02:34 PM #59 of 130
Well... I have good relationship with my mom and dad... But, I prefer to spend my time with my friends than with my family

Rachelle
Syklis Green

Member 2670

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 09:00 PM #60 of 130
I love my parents very much. My family's not exactly the type to show that we care and love each other by hugging and kissing, but more through little stuff that we do for each other, though my dad would hug us kids when we're down. My parents are really supportive and have sacrificed a lot for me, for which I'm thankful for. My mum can be a bit over anxious for us sometimes and each time I go camping with friends I always get overloaded with stuff she insists I take -- just in case! Dad is more the family guy, making us kids the breakfast and packed lunches and bedtime stories thingy, while mum is more the school-teacher (she is a maths teacher anyway) and fusses more over our academic stuff and discipline. I used to be scared of homework time in the evenings cos' my mum can be rather like a volcano at times, but ever since starting high school mum has given me more independence and is more a friend than the authority figure now. We do have our disagreements, of course, now and then, and tempers would flare but I would say our relationship is still great.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:54 AM #61 of 130
I lost a lot of respect for my mother over the years. She use to be a strong, independant woman who could be piss-n-vinegar-n-thunder when need be. However, since she's lived with her boyfriend, she's gotten meek and mostly lacking in spine. She became housebroken, for lack of a better word.

No one on either side of my family likes my mom's boyfriend. Before my grandfather died, it was the only subject that really bothered him any. Once or twice, he'd swear up and down that if Ed did anything (throw me out of the house, etc) he'd beat the life out of him. Which was both amusing and scary - imagine comedian Jonathan Winters cleaning a 1874 Sharps Buffalo Rifle.

My relationship with my father is weird and depending on circumstances. It always has been - as my father is quite literally Frasier Crane. (Not that my father is actor Kelsey Grammer but that he is 101% the character he's known for), while my Uncle Matthew is Niles

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Mar 17, 2006 at 09:57 AM.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:12 AM #62 of 130
Originally Posted by LeHah
No one on either side of my family likes my mom's boyfriend. Before my grandfather died, it was the only subject that really bothered him any. Once or twice, he'd swear up and down that if Ed did anything (throw me out of the house, etc) he'd beat the life out of him. Which was both amusing and scary - imagine comedian Jonathan Winters cleaning a 1874 Sharps Buffalo Rifle.
Out of sympathizing purposes, could you tell us why you don't like him? Do you think your mother is happy with him? Is he very overbearing?

Why do YOU dislike him? Has your mother been with a nice guy since the divorce?

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:21 AM #63 of 130
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Out of sympathizing purposes, could you tell us why you don't like him? Do you think your mother is happy with him? Is he very overbearing?
He tried to be the "muscle" for my mother on a couple of occasions. He threw me out of the house in... 2000(?) for being unable to find another job aside from fixing cars on the weekend (not that I wasn't trying, I just couldn't find a second job). We don't get along at all.

He went batshit when I didn't get my driver's license on my first test. I wouldn't call him abusive per se because he never laid a hand on me, not even when I tried to stand my ground with my Louisville Slugger. He's just a overbearing dick who thinks he knows everything. However, he learned one hell of an important lesson when he kicked me out of the house - and that was that my family fucking foams at the mouth when in a heated arguement. (He called to tell the grandmother I was staying with that "if (I) was any problem, he'd come down and take care of me" and her Irish temperment kicked in. It was one of the only times I've heard that woman swear and by far the worst). I had family near Buffallo volunteering to come down and shitbeat him.

One time, I purposely picked my ass and wiped it on his side of the bed. True story.

Has your mother been with a nice guy since the divorce?
See, heres a neat little story. My mom is actually a twin. She was the straight-laced, schoolgirl while her sister was the wildchild who was out all the time. My mother always liked assholes or shallow guys or the like - her sister dated really nice "family" type guys. In fact, my sister's husband got me the job that I have now - he's a really, really great guy and he really, really hates my mom's BF.

FELIPE NO
eks
Carob Slut

Member 545

Level 9.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:25 AM #64 of 130
I'm stating the obvious, but verbal/mental abuse is still abuse.

I get along with my parents better now than I probably ever have.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:38 AM #65 of 130
Originally Posted by eks
I'm stating the obvious, but verbal/mental abuse is still abuse.
I don't play cards like that. If I'm going to cry about emotional duress because my mom is dating some asshole, I might as well sue Spain for a billion dollars because they raped my Irish ancestors.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:44 AM #66 of 130
I don't play cards like that. If I'm going to cry about emotional duress because my mom is dating some asshole, I might as well sue Spain for a billion dollars because they raped my Irish ancestors.
I really don't know how close you are to your Ma - depending on how close, and how much you care, there are ways to get him out of the house. Sabotage the relationship, if you get my gist.

But if she's happy, fuck. Thats a hard pill to swallow, man. I can't imagine a woman being too happy in those kinds of circumstances - but if ever she wants out, and she feels kind of helpless, you have options to help her. ^_^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:49 AM #67 of 130
Sabotage the relationship, if you get my gist.
Fuck that. I'd just burn the house down. (But now I can't because of the kitty)

But if she's happy, fuck. Thats a hard pill to swallow, man. I can't imagine a woman being too happy in those kinds of circumstances - but if ever she wants out, and she feels kind of helpless, you have options to help her.
I told her many years ago that if she married him, I'd disown her outright and never talk to her again. She's never mentioned the idea to me for probably a decade now.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:52 AM #68 of 130
Fuck that. I'd just burn the house down. (But now I can't because of the kitty)
PLEASE do not burn the kitty. ;_;

Quote:
I told her many years ago that if she married him, I'd disown her outright and never talk to her again. She's never mentioned the idea to me for probably a decade now.
Man, welcome to MY world. I am glad I'm not the only asshole out there who throws ultimatums at my parents.

My mother fends for herself pretty well. But my father is a complete DIPSHIT when it comes to women. I've been working on him about Cheryl for about 3 weeks now. I've finally made some progress.

See, he doesn't endure abuse so much as he does women trying to bleed him of everything he has. And I will be fucked by a chainsaw if he EVER marries this bitch.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:01 PM #69 of 130
PLEASE do not burn the kitty.
I think I'd have a breakdown if she ran away or died on me.

Man, welcome to MY world. I am glad I'm not the only asshole out there who throws ultimatums at my parents.
Don't get me wrong - I act like a foaming madman when certain things happen. I became a raging asshole when the guy put my shoes outside the other week - and I called my mom out on it by leaving the most obscene voicemail at her office. "You fucking jamrag. You're stupid cock-nosed bitch of boytoy fucking left my fucking shoes outside the fucking motherfucking door!" or something to that effect for about 3 minutes. I know for certain I said "fuck" more times than usual and definitely called her jamrag.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shoops
Syklis Green

Member 283

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:21 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 08:21 PM #70 of 130
I don't get along very well with my parents, my father always thinks he's right like i have to say nothing, often criticise little things... as for my mother she's very kind!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
x\Enigma/x
Chocobo

Member 1312

Level 11.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:31 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:31 PM #71 of 130
I get on with my mum when its not that time of the month for her (at which point she is a total nightmare).

I hate my dad... he had an affair, blackmailed me when i found out not to tell my mum, then when my mum did find out, he came back for a couple of years and then fucked off again for good... so yeah.. im not just over-exaggerating when i say i hate him

FELIPE NO
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:02 AM #72 of 130
I don't get on well with my parents. They both mean well, but seldom do well, and they were lax enough in the beggining that now, towards the end, their efforts to curb my behavior are met with defiance. I've been kicked out once, beat a couple times, scared shitless a few, and had more fights with both of them than I care to count.

My mother has always been harder to deal with. She's a flamboyant Italian who's, seriously now, not of sound mind. Something snapped when they divorced, and she's gotten worse as time goes by. However, she's always been a liar, and has absolutely no tact at all. No amount of enthusiam for being the mom's mom could change the fact she was bad at it.

My dad is a great man, and I've more respect and admiration for him than most people. That only goes so far though, and it doesn't change the fact that he's never really been there, not sincerely. He treats being a father as I treat being a sutdent, just something he has to do. Living with him since the divorce is more fun than it should be, as I'm treated more like a roomie than a son.

This probably paints a bleak picture, but I don't mean for it to. I've taken advantage of everything, and it's not as though I've made their job easier for them. But it's all truth.

And hey, I turned out okay, and they sure did try. They still are, actually. In the end I suppose blood ties are just that though, and if they call I'll come. I won't like it though.

thirdjean
(Former sandrff8) We don't need a heroine.

Member 1486

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:04 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:04 AM #73 of 130
My dad pretty much leaves me alone. He's only interfere with my grades and my money usage when it's going way out of control.

My mom nags a lot and does not support me much. She doesn't respect me when I tell her a secret. She dislikes it when I bring friends home and wastes "her" electricity when they come in and use our computers and turn on the lights.
Today a friend of mine came and stayed until around 10PM because we were working on a report. Her home is a hour away, and she had to ride in the public transportations, which wasn't quite safe for a 17-year-old girl. My mom asked her if she'd like to stay for the night, but my friend said that her mom told her to come home. I thought my mom had changed, but after my friend had left, my mom told me, "Now don't misunderstand. What I asked was only out of obligation. Don't take it seriously."

Humph. Such hospitality. You'd just feel sick how she treats her own guests and their sons when they come over. She'd cook, pour drinks, ask if they're hungry, ask if they needed more to eat, tell me to set up video games for the little twins, tell the two to get me when they're stuck in a stage, peel and slice apples until they cry it's too much, etc etc.

Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:23 AM #74 of 130
Firstly, I'm chinese. That said, it's pretty much self-explainatory.

Until I'm off to college, it's nothing but bitching about hard-working, straight A's, and forcing me to consume home brewed soup ensured to increase longevity after dinner everyday. IMHO, however, I can see how they will seem to be "those great parents" when, they actually aren't there to bitch at me. But right now, ugh.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
horseman85
Piano noob

Member 4561

Level 13.38

Apr 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:48 AM #75 of 130
Originally Posted by Hiiragi
Firstly, I'm chinese. That said, it's pretty much self-explainatory.

Until I'm off to college, it's nothing but bitching about hard-working, straight A's, and forcing me to consume home brewed soup ensured to increase longevity after dinner everyday. IMHO, however, I can see how they will seem to be "those great parents" when, they actually aren't there to bitch at me. But right now, ugh.
Sigh . . . I know how it is. I'm Vietnamese so the parents are always after me about marks and stuff . . . This is prob why my relationship with the parents have suffered over the years. Trying to please the parents is so damned hard sometimes . . . Whenever I get bad marks, my parents gets into an argument with me . . . I never really get anything in the way of positive encouragement from them. It's mostly the "you're so damn stupid" and "why don't you use your fucking head?"

That being said, they do provide food and a roof over my head. So I'm grateful for that . . . but there's not really any closeness between us. It's really more of a stalemate than anything else.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Your Relationship with your Parents