Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:50 AM #176 of 210
Considering I do prefer Asian women over any other race (Hi guys, this is me asking to be flamed.), the whole interracial thing is kind of an matter of concern. Especially since a lot of Asian girls, in New York at least, really only like white guys or asian guys or don't date at all, which is a problem for me I guess. Of course, if I came across a black girl or spanish girl that I liked a lot, I would go for it; I had a crush on a black girl a few years ago. I still know her now and she's a great person. Its just that what these races make themselves into just isn't desirable personality-wise for me.

White girls have to be really special for me to consider dating them. To me, a lot of them look like men and that's a problem. There are nice white chicks, just a lot of them are snotty bitches here.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Aug 8, 2006 at 03:52 AM.
Txitxan
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4047

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 12:40 PM #177 of 210
The same as sassafrass, everyone should live its own life i dont try to interfere in others. Now this world is hell.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 09:57 AM #178 of 210
Hmm for everytime I see a black+white couple, I get a little more hopeful that there's a chance for me. It is just 2 different races but still opposite genders, what is there to stop anything from clicking?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:26 PM #179 of 210
Originally Posted by Ultima
Considering I do prefer Asian women over any other race (Hi guys, this is me asking to be flamed.), the whole interracial thing is kind of an matter of concern. Especially since a lot of Asian girls, in New York at least, really only like white guys or asian guys or don't date at all, which is a problem for me I guess. Of course, if I came across a black girl or spanish girl that I liked a lot, I would go for it; I had a crush on a black girl a few years ago. I still know her now and she's a great person. Its just that what these races make themselves into just isn't desirable personality-wise for me.

White girls have to be really special for me to consider dating them. To me, a lot of them look like men and that's a problem. There are nice white chicks, just a lot of them are snotty bitches here.
I've always wanted to date a black women. Blackanese children are hot.

I'm asian although I am very open minded towards dating women of different races. Interacial dating allows for a healthy exchange of culture and helps promote acceptance. Having dated interacially, there are a lot of obstacles to overcome, especially if the other's parents are immigrants or ethnophiles, however love is love. As for other people, I could care less what they thought. Its my choice and they should respect it. Of course there will be people who don't like the sight of an asian man with a girl or a different race (i've gotten that before), but interacial couples is a sight they will have to get used to because the world is becoming more and more of a cultural and racial melting pot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 03:40 PM #180 of 210
Originally Posted by Hydelloon
I've always wanted to date a black women. Blackanese children are hot.
My cousin's the cutest little kid who looks asian but has gorgeous curly hair and nice tan skin. Most people actually mistake him for being fully asian, if his dad takes him around they'll ask if he was adopted

Besides finding a person that is just as open minded as you are, you have to see if their parents feel the same way too. I know a lot of couples that are not from the same background, but even though both sides accept it, there is still a bit of tension from the families.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:56 PM #181 of 210
Originally Posted by soapy
My cousin's the cutest little kid who looks asian but has gorgeous curly hair and nice tan skin. Most people actually mistake him for being fully asian, if his dad takes him around they'll ask if he was adopted

Besides finding a person that is just as open minded as you are, you have to see if their parents feel the same way too. I know a lot of couples that are not from the same background, but even though both sides accept it, there is still a bit of tension from the families.
My parents hate interracial dating. Even though they're a result of European and Cherokee descent, they look down on anyone that dates outside their race. They won't protest it, but they're not happy about it. So I know if I were to date someone that wasn't white (or a light skinned American Indian mix) then I wouldn't hear the end of it. Even though I find Asian/American Indian/Hispanic men to be more attractive b/c of the eyes. It won't restrict me from dating them, but the guy would have to be comfortable not meeting my parents.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:00 PM #182 of 210
Originally Posted by Visavi
My parents hate interracial dating. Even though they're a result of European and Cherokee descent, they look down on anyone that dates outside their race. They won't protest it, but they're not happy about it. So I know if I were to date someone that wasn't white (or a light skinned American Indian mix) then I wouldn't hear the end of it. Even though I find Asian/American Indian/Hispanic men to be more attractive b/c of the eyes. It won't restrict me from dating them, but the guy would have to be comfortable not meeting my parents.
Oh well. I guess thats part of the "obstacles" I was talking about.

Quote:
Even though I find Asian/American Indian/Hispanic men to be more attractive b/c of the eyes.
I can dig that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:38 AM #183 of 210
Personally, I have no problem with interracial couples. If both parties are okay with it, what else should matter? I think that most couples like that are perfectly aware of the challenges they'll face (i.e. having a biracial kid, their families's opinions, etc.)

And to my experience, biracials are some of the most culturally aware people because it's an issue thrown in their face all the freaking time.

Overall, I think the problem is because people aren't nearly as open-minded as they claim to be. A lot of people are "okay" with the notion of interracial dating as long as it's someone else, or someone not related to them (because they're racists in denial).

And then there's confusion about remembering your background. Stuff like "remember your fucking CHINESE ROOTS" or "wtf you sellout what about BLACK POWER". Cultural awareness is NOT living and breathing "this is what my ancestors are and what they went through so I'll have to be bound to these ideals FOR THE REST OF MY FREAKING LIFE." But to a lot of people anything less is being ignorant of where you came from.

FELIPE NO
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:18 PM #184 of 210
I really don't care about interracial relationships. If two people want to go out, then so be it. We're not trapped in history here. It's not like we're conditioned to go out with people of the same race. If people can't get over the skin colour of someone, they need to fast forward to the future. It would be like race over love. Contrasting religions? That's a different story, but it's still none of my or anybody else's business.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
MâVerick|t.o
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12095

Level 1.34

Sep 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:07 PM #185 of 210
I guess it all depends on where you are and how the people were raised. If you come to Toronto you'll find nothing but interracial couples. So many beautiful females from each race... why limit yourself.

Immortal777
Worship Me

Member 11781

Level 1.34

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:37 AM #186 of 210
I think we all tend to forget that the cradle of humankind is the same for all of us, in fact, our species was born in ethiopia... so I believe racism has no reason to be as we basically all belong to the same place, we all have a common history, a common past no matter our physical differences...

How ya doing, buddy?
*Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most *
Senorita Preved
Surprise Kangaroo Sweaterer and Hugger

Member 12294

Level 9.60

Sep 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 05:05 PM #187 of 210
I really cant believe anyone would still care about interracial couples ;(

Im pretty much a mutt genetically, and I have it on very good authority (hobo) that Ive got great legs so case closed.

This thread gave me some google ads to Biracial tees! Thanks internet!

Last edited by Senorita Preved; Sep 9, 2006 at 03:38 AM.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:20 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 12:20 PM #188 of 210
I generally find black oops I mean "African American" and west-Asian girls unattractive . Other than that, I don't care. My girlfriend is Korean but she was adopted by white parents and is probably whiter than I am in behaviour.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 02:36 PM #189 of 210
I don't care about interracial relationships. Why should I? I'm totally cool with somebody dating or marrying someone of another race.
On the other hand, I don't buy into some bullshit suggesting that being in an interracial relationship benefits the human race and that when everyone's the same race we'll reach some zenith of understanding and peace. Be with who you want to be with and don't make yourself out to be some sort of hero. You're not a better human being just because you're fucking a hispanic girl, or an asian man.

Personally, I'm attracted to some races and not to others. I do not find black women attractive. I can discern attractive features in those that have them, certainly, but I never feel that overwhelming, true sense of attraction that I get with other women. There are exceptions, but it's very rare. This isn't a conscious decision. It's what I'm instinctively attracted to.
Meanwhile, I've noticed that a great many black women seem to be interested in me. One friend, who does a terrible job at denying her affection toward me, is in an interracial relationship with another white guy. Luckily she seems enamoured enough with him that she's forgotten me. And I'm fine with them dating, of course.
In general, I'm hit on probably twice as much by black girls than by white girls. Which is taking into account that black people compose only 12% of the American population.

I'm attracted to plenty of women in other races: Hispanics, Asians, Arabics, Eastern Europeans, Russian, etc. I'm seldom attracted to Indian women (not Native American, but Indian).
Women of European descent (mixed nationalities or pure ones) are who attract me most, though. And I'm very picky when it comes to women (maybe one in a hundred I deem worth pursuing for a relationship), but I'm mostly attracted to them. This is taking into account the fact that they compose the majority of the population I live in. If I spent a year in Japan I'm sure that would change somewhat.

I'm mixed European: Danish, Swedish, Irish or English (unsure), some German, and Greek. I also have some Cherokee ancestors. Out of those, I'm mostly Greek, though. People are always surprised when they hear this, because I have blond hair and rather fair skin, but it's the truth. It doesn't occur to them that Greeks have more features than dark hair and olive skin (which is only applicable to some Greeks, anyway; common misconception people have of Italians, too).
I like being multi-cultured, sure. If I were pure German, I'd probably like that fine. Having a diverse racial background isn't a pro or a con, it just is. Take pride in what you are and what you want. It's foolish to think otherwise.

(Also, I've known just as many beautiful mixed children as I do ugly mixed children. Just like I've known just as many beautiful children of one race as I do ugly children of one race.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 02:43 PM #190 of 210
I recently had to read a short story by Tobias Wolff named Say Yes. The argument in the story is about interracial marriage. And although my thoughts on the story have little to do with this topic, the story itself does.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:12 PM #191 of 210
Holy dammit, Tobias Wolff. He's a fucking excellent writer, I love his stuff. I've only read two of his short stories ("Bullet in the Brain" and "Hunters in the Snow"), but they're some of the best I've read.
Shall read this after I finish my work for the night. Thanks.

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 11:55 PM #192 of 210
I'm down with interracial dating. In fact, my girlfriend is Mexican. However her skin is lighter compared to the rest of her family, so unless she tans, most people will assume she's white unless otherwise noted. However I do know the differences and in fact love the Mexican culture. It's been around me for nearly all my life, so it feels natural too me.

I've never understood racial purity, but that might be because I don't also have a single cultural background to latch onto. I just pick and choose what I want. Or it could be the fact that I wasn't raised to be racist. I'm very much against racism, and do get pissed off at it.

Either way, interracial dating won't destroy the world, nor world cultures. The world itself is too vast and humans tend to migrate towards cliques. Even in small communities, differences pop up, and people with similar tastes will gravitate towards one another. Even if a whole one world culture were to happen, it wouldn't happen any time soon.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 05:32 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 03:32 PM #193 of 210
Interracial dating is really something I do not mind. Being white myself, I was suprised recently when I looked back and realized that all of my girlfriends were Asian up until recently. Personally...I think it is the fact that most of the white girls at my school are completely stupid, and this is further proven by the fact that my current girlfriend is white, but from a different school.

Although...recently I have been thinking that maybe she is not too smart after all. *points to his last Chocojournal entry*

I forgot my old sig...
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 05:53 PM #194 of 210
I dated a black girl for about a year my senior year of highschool.

I caught a bunch of shit for it from my friends at first, it being "da south" and all, but I honestly didnt even think "hey, im dating a black girl."

We worked together and got along really well. I asked her out on a date, and it was smooth sailing from there. I just thought of her as a great person, and the fact that other people made it difficult for us sometimes, only made us love each other more.

We decided to break it off when she left for college. We still keep in touch.

So I guess im really not that concerned about race when it comes to dating. Do what makes you happy and dont worry about anyone else.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
snow_drop

Member 12954

Level 2.97

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 05:30 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 08:30 PM #195 of 210
It's fine, people are just narrow-minded. Takes a while to kick in.

vanity_

Member 12953

Level 2.50

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 05:32 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 08:32 PM #196 of 210
i guess its cause people have a mindset..not only does it matter that they are going out with someone but the people around them really can change their minds about the whole relationship if they're not taking the relationship seriously

How ya doing, buddy?
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 01:42 AM #197 of 210
I can't see how any rational person could have a problem with interracial couples; but then I did lose my virginity to a black girl.

I was speaking idiomatically.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?