Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Rant] Fallout 3's on the Right Track Guys No Worries

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 11:44 AM Local time: May 8, 2007, 11:44 AM 1 #1 of 7
Fallout 3's on the Right Track Guys No Worries

Liam Neeson to play the player's father. Awesome. After dumping tons of moolah on Stewart for 4 minutes of spoken lines and hyping the shit out of that, they're learned their lesson and tell us they've dumped tons of moolah to have Liam factor "prominently in the game." Note also that they said he plays the player's father, not the player character's father.

This must be more of that developer-driven narrative we hear so much about these days. Fallout 3's going into the future guys.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 06:27 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 05:27 AM #2 of 7
Yes, because I loved having every NPC in the game being voice acted by a pool of six people because they spent all their money on Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean. It's okay, it's not like anybody really noticed it was the exact same actress providing the exact same wooden performance for every elf-type character in the game.

And since Liam Neeson's character is going to be "prominently featured", that means they have to pay for more lines, which leaves less budget for unique voice actors for the rest of the cast. Hooray! But it's okay - just get the ghoul voice actor to talk a little huskier, and now he's a super mutant! Brilliant!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 07:23 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 03:23 PM #3 of 7
Can I just have real time combat already. All this AP and turn based stuff is confusing me and frankly making me bored as hell, not to mention terrible old mechanics.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 11:25 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 12:25 PM #4 of 7
Personally, I prefer turn-based combat over real-time combat. Real-time combat just ends up overwhelming me, most of the time.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Schadenfreude; May 11, 2007 at 11:27 PM.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 10:51 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 10:51 PM #5 of 7
Can I just have real time combat already. All this AP and turn based stuff is confusing me and frankly making me bored as hell, not to mention terrible old mechanics.
Why do you taunt me, Q?

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:48 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 08:48 PM #6 of 7
The first teaser for Fallout 3 is up. It was good right up until the end.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6172011/autoplay-video

Hint: it said "Bethesda" at the end. :/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:57 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 11:57 PM #7 of 7
Well, at least they remembered that it's not Fallout without the Pip Boy. Here's hoping for the return of those hilarious stat and perk illustrations.

The trailer's not good for much else, but I guess it's a good intro for the people not in the choir.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Rant] Fallout 3's on the Right Track Guys No Worries