Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car and leave you here!

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:12 PM #26 of 37
Just think about how much more of a delinquent you would be otherwise.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:15 PM #27 of 37
I guess I never killed anybody =D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2009, 07:57 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2009, 12:57 AM #28 of 37
Going to echo Shin's post about just driving round the block. That should be enough to scare the shit out of them in a more controlled and safe way. Driving home and then getting the police involved was a douche of a move.

Personally I don't think it would have bothered me at that age. I've been told that when I was 3 in the supermarket with my mother she said "Come on, I'm leaving now" and I just looked at her, said "Bye bye" and wandered off. Apparently I did that kind of thing a lot.

Most amazing jew boots
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2009, 05:16 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2009, 12:16 PM #29 of 37
Parents dont know how to raise their kids no more, you need to be firm with kids from the start. Give them a slap or two sometimes doesnt matter.
Leaving young kids at a mall and leaving? thats retarded, it's because of stupid parents like her kids get kidnapped.

no homo
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:41 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2009, 02:41 PM #30 of 37
This was both a lesson for the kids to shut up and to stop arguing. Two lessons in one, I think the punishment was only fair. I won't comment on the mother's parenting skills - she could either be a genius or some idiot who raised her kids very poorly until this final straw.

And the older kid failed pretty bad. I wouldn't have left my younger sister alone if we two somehow got separated from mom. I think it even happened a few times to us, actually. These sort of incidents bring out some realistic thinking from children very easily, to stop fighting and to start thinking how to get back home. Which is not what that girl who abandoned the little sister did. She might have already lost all her common sense forever. So she is very well spoiled.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:18 AM #31 of 37
For all these anecdotes of "my parents were assholes, therefore I became an upright citizen", you'd think my dad's belt buckle would have guaranteed my entry into MIT
Hey now, nobody ever said that parents being assholes would make anybody a genius.

Yeah that's right I'm calling you dumb what are you gonna do about it you big fat dumb guy huh huh huh nothing thats what i thought

DUMBGALIN

@ Krelian if your parents had such good jobs did they buy you birhtday presents every day of the year? ps happy birthday krelian

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:19 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2009, 02:19 PM 3 #32 of 37
I'm going to agree with Tande on the fact that any "emotional trauma" the kids have been left with from this incident should be totally fucking insignificant. They'll undoubtedly be put into counseling and spend years being told what an awful, wretched husk of a woman their mother is, though.

However, I'm not sure that the whole spoiled-rich-kid situation really applies here. During the nineties, my dad had a lucrative trading job, my mother was a high-strung socialite and we lived in a series of huge houses in Chicago's north shore suburbs. From about the age of six onwards, I walked to a state school a few blocks away every morning. My most exciting birthday presents were clothes and books. Television and games were a strictly weekend-only affair. If I broke something or cocked up my parents' social gatherings or suchlike, you'd better believe I was made well-aware of my errors.

The point I'm trying to make (which, intentionally or not, seems to also be echoed in the article given how rife it is with references to the family's affluence) is that people can be well-off without overindulging their kids. What we've got here is tough love taken slightly too far. Opinions aside, though, this "news" item is just sensationalist tripe. I mean, look at the counterpoint presented by another local mother they interviewed:

Quote:
"I used to pull over and make the kids change seats. Also, I make sure the kids have their iPods and their games. And I have a minivan, so they're not up my neck all the time.
Holy shit. They're actually trying to portray this other soccer-mom dingbat's parenting in a good light! "Well, I don't know what this bitch could possibly be doing wrong! I make sure my children are distracted at all times by never letting them go without entertainment for even a single second. Otherwise they're too difficult to raise!"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:02 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2009, 08:02 PM #33 of 37
The Mum acted like a spoilt brat, ditching the kids somewhere where anyone could have taken off with them. It's a good thing a decent person found the 10 year old. (And yeah, it's weird the older girl just ditched her little sister like that.)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:53 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 10:53 AM #34 of 37
The Mum acted like a spoilt brat, ditching the kids somewhere where anyone could have taken off with them. It's a good thing a decent person found the 10 year old. (And yeah, it's weird the older girl just ditched her little sister like that.)
That's that bullshit.

A kidnapping would have done both of those little shits a world of good, let me tell you. They'd have news stories, book deals and posh condos in Hollywood while they waited for the script of their life adaptation to be approved by Jerry Bruckheimer to be made into a spring drama when they got older. Just sayin'.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2009, 06:47 PM Local time: May 12, 2009, 04:47 PM #35 of 37
I'm going to agree with Tande on the fact that any "emotional trauma" the kids have been left with from this incident should be totally fucking insignificant. They'll undoubtedly be put into counseling and spend years being told what an awful, wretched husk of a woman their mother is, though.

However, I'm not sure that the whole spoiled-rich-kid situation really applies here. During the nineties, my dad had a lucrative trading job, my mother was a high-strung socialite and we lived in a series of huge houses in Chicago's north shore suburbs. From about the age of six onwards, I walked to a state school a few blocks away every morning. My most exciting birthday presents were clothes and books. Television and games were a strictly weekend-only affair. If I broke something or cocked up my parents' social gatherings or suchlike, you'd better believe I was made well-aware of my errors.

The point I'm trying to make (which, intentionally or not, seems to also be echoed in the article given how rife it is with references to the family's affluence) is that people can be well-off without overindulging their kids. What we've got here is tough love taken slightly too far. Opinions aside, though, this "news" item is just sensationalist tripe. I mean, look at the counterpoint presented by another local mother they interviewed:

Holy shit. They're actually trying to portray this other soccer-mom dingbat's parenting in a good light! "Well, I don't know what this bitch could possibly be doing wrong! I make sure my children are distracted at all times by never letting them go without entertainment for even a single second. Otherwise they're too difficult to raise!"
Classic post. All this "trauma" that's been mentioned is bullshit. The only reason for people to believe that this should somehow deeply effect the children on any level (besides making them feel stupid for annoying their mother to that point) is that someone TOLD them it would. God, if children were as mentally fragile as this article suggested, then I've got no idea how those children plan on making it in the real world.

And about the iPod lady: she sounds like the same kind of parent who would have one of those leash/harness set-ups for their toddler, walking around the mall letting it inspect the gum under the nearby bench while she ordered her starbucks Mocha choco frappa whatever drink.

I don't know there are many good points on either side. What if the children had been hit by a drunk (or sober?) driver or kidnapped? Not too likely but then again not unlikely.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2009, 12:43 PM Local time: May 26, 2009, 12:43 PM #36 of 37
When my parents got angry due to fighting and stuff in the car/van, they would usually kick me out... This one time on the way home, my mother was really angry at me and my sister, and I decided to get out of the van and walk the remainder 6 miles to home. My Mom took off, but my sister started crying a lot and told her to stop the van so I could get back in. My sister started to apologize a bunch, and kept crying. Point for me! lol That was a long time ago now that I think of it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 04:10 AM Local time: May 31, 2009, 02:10 AM #37 of 37
Although my parents never left us, stopping the car, making us line up in front of the car (so ALL the passing cars can see what bad children we've been) and Dad bringing a clenched fist up to his face and audibly breathing on it was threat enough to set us both (my sister and I) straight.

And don't you judge my dad: knuckles to the skull FUCKING HURTS. And it's embarrassing enough as it is letting the whole world know you're getting a whooping.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car and leave you here!