Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Personality Traits You Love

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:24 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:24 AM #26 of 37
I believe modetsy to be a very desireable personality trait. I find people who are braggarts, or who dress or behave in a flagrantly sexual manner to be extremely distasteful.

The ability to appreciate silence also ranks highly on my list. I rather dislike people who are in constant need of sensory stimulation, or never seem to stop talking.

People who go out of their way to show kindness to others, even people who are not kind to them. Bless them.

I like people who are thoughtful, people who you can sit down with and have a nice, meaningful conversation with. I met a person like this while attenting the YouthQuake meet in North Carolina. I don't think I've ever met a smarter and more awesome girl anywhere. Sitting in the on-campus coffee shop and discussing the nature of life, the universe, and everything was the most enjoyable part of the trip, even moreso than the photography.

People who can appreciate good music. (Although I'll admit "good music" is very subjective, so this particular criterion might be a little too personal.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

BakaMochi
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5433

Level 1.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 06:55 AM #27 of 37
I think for me, both in a boyfriend or a friend, I look for like, an understanding personality. I want to be able to actually communicate with them and not have them talk over me or vice versa. And of course, they have to be accepting, honest and dependable. It's always the worst when your 'friends' flake out when you need them the most.

As for a boyfriend... I'd want him to be honest, a good listener. Also, he has to know what HE wants, and not go along with what I want just because I said so or if he keeps whining just because we don't do what he wants. And I also love it when guys aren't so loud and arrogant. Self-confidence is great, and so is having the ability to know when to shut up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 01:20 PM #28 of 37
I love people that are naturally charismatic. I know that's an umbrella term, but it really makes me smile whenever someone is charismatic.
By such, I mean:
- they will politely be interested in what you say
- they tend to be talkative but let you talk and will genuinely listen to you when you have something to contribute
- they'll apologize if they perceive themselves to be rude to you in the slightest way
- they are truly polite, not in the overexaggerated or feigned way
- they are not judgmental (VERY important) or critical, and are usually open to many things

Out of all my friends, the ones I admire the most are the ones that have these traits. It's hard to find genuine people that I can admire to this degree, because I believe that these kinds of people are naturally charismatic, and that it's almost impossible to force someone to have this many traits unconsciously.

Just thinking about people like this peps me up too

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 01:59 PM #29 of 37
After reading this thread again, I thought of another one. I really admire people who are happy with themselves and don't try to be something they're not just to fit in. This sounds cliché, but I have a friend who is just the happiest little thing, and she doesn't give two shits whether you like how she dresses or decorates her house or anything else. And she's not arrogant about it, either. Just very, very comfortable with herself.

I'm definitely not talking about people who dress and act a certain way just to be aggressive and in your face regarding how "non-conformist" they are. I'm referring to people who live their lives the way they want, no matter what anyone else thinks about it, without having to announce to the world that this is what they're doing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 07:14 PM #30 of 37
I like people who sincerely(at least makes me feel they are sincerely) interested in what I say.

In short, I do agree I am quite a person who likes charismatic people, since I'm a talkative type, who just wants to find someone who can listen to me, and give good replies.

I like people who argue with rationality and logic, not blind faith.

I like competitive people, who are willing to fight to improve themselves, and willing to change for the better.

I like people who would admit that they are wrong, when they really are.

I like people who are just plain sweet, no backstabbing, no talking bad stuff behind your back. (girls especially)

I like fun people, who just love to joke around at the right moments.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 03:29 PM #31 of 37
I like it best when they're understanding. I've accidently let loose one of my greatest secrets (i.e. a certain "deviation" of mine) to someone I know on the net (Let's just call him "Siva" for no reason) and he was all like "haha don't worry." and me and him occasionally joke around with it. HE has "deviations" too so we both joke with them.

I also like the type of person who notices the lone kid in the corner (usually me) and goes up to them and is all "hey what's wrong?" and talks to them. That makes me ^_^ as well.

Openness is good also. I hate it when people are all like "NO I'M NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING".

c&ping from my myspace also:

Someone who is open, someone who is just.....interesting. Someone who cares, listens, laughs, smiles, loves, someone who I can rely on. Oh yeah, and someone who likes hugs. :P

Otherwise I pretty much agree with what is being said in the topic. >_>

FELIPE NO
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:31 AM #32 of 37
Someone who is responsible. Someone who is willing to accept the consequences of their actions. Also someone who is willing to make things right when the other person is being too much of a jerk to do anything about it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -> every single one of the world's problems stems from people refusing to accept responsibility for their actions.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:21 PM #33 of 37
I have to take one from Helloween. A person who can read the meaning in my words instead of just taking them at face value is a true friend to me. Needless to say, I do not have many friends. Compassion is also a good one, and the ability to make up their minds about something quick instead of ten days.

How ya doing, buddy?
Watashi_Baka_Da
Banned

Member 5204

Level 6.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:29 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 05:29 PM #34 of 37
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I also really admire chivalry in men and "ladylikeness" in women.
I agree with Alice. I also like when guys bring you surprises, but that has nothing to do with it.

I like when people put others before themselves. I like charisma, confidence, and anyone with an easygoing attitude.

Most amazing jew boots
StarCrossedSoul
the one with the phoenix

Member 5293

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:49 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 10:49 PM #35 of 37
I love it when people:
* express themselves, saying exactly what they mean
* keep their promises and compromises.
* have an open mind toward the world
* defy problems and keep being positive
* are aunthetic with themselves and others
* keep on living

Those could be some, yet I know there's more.
Basically anything that tends to be positive, right?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
stephenboosh
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4396

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 12:07 AM #36 of 37
I enjoy and appreciate the following in people:

- Being laid back and able to laugh at themselves and the situation

- Being excellent at knowing when somebody else feels uncomfortable, and avoiding that situation skillfully, essentially ensuring the other person they are with is feeling at ease with themselves and comfortable.

- Someone who is not stubborn and argumentative, can listen to different points of view, and doesn't judge the actions of others.

- Not asking a lot of others

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Personality Traits You Love