Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:14 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 03:14 PM #76 of 91
Man, all these talk from Star Ocean 2 about Precis and Noah is a given. But someone trumps them all:

Ernest

Have you gotten him? I did once when Opera was on my party. The bugger doesn't even have any decent moves. His whip damage is a fucking joke even. Worse of all, his character is the epitome of flat and boring - making him look like Opera's sidekick instead of her boyfriend and an actual character.

Since then, I only used Ashton, Dias, Claude and Rena in my party. Hello swordsmen!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 06:27 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 01:27 AM #77 of 91
Tidus is the obvious winner for me. Not just his attitude, his stupid looking clothes... but the voice... Oh god the voice. This is why I'm able to tolerate certain character, or even bond with them, in prior Final Fantasies (emo Squall for example). But everytime Tidus opens his mouth, I just want to strangle him.
FFX has forever changed my view on voiceacting in games.

A lot of the characters in Oblivion are really annoying. They just seem so incredibly stupid... Whenever you talk to them, the camera zooms right up in their faces (which are stupid looking indeed). Talk with them about their city or the 'rumours' topic, and they spout stupid information. They even hold stupid conversations with each other. Makes me flee the inns sometimes.
I know that they aren't heroes, but I just had to mention them here since they can be so incredibly annoying.

There is some RPG for Xbox360 that features a gay male character (don't know the names). When I read about this I thought 'how interesting, finally someone breaks the mold'. And then of course, I watch some video that was put together showing cutscenes and whatnot of him, and there is just no way I could play a game with character like him. The stereotypical 'bitchy queen' voice is used in full effect, and god I hate people who talk like that, whether they're female or males.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Infy
new-age irvine

Member 20776

Level 3.31

Mar 2007

Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:33 PM #78 of 91
I can start with the final fantasy games.

VII - Cait Sith in my eyes completely useless, the way "it" interacted with the characters completey baffled me. it would've been nice to see "it" die and NOT come back. Yuffie, stole my shit. UNFORGIVABLE.

VIII- Selphie. annoying to a fault. to the brink of insanity.

IX - none, i liked them all lolz.

X - Tidus, the happy go lucky thing is completely pointless. And then turn a tear because daddy doesnt wuv you.

XII- havn't betean it yet. but thus far i wish penelo to die. no particular reason, she just, angers me.

other games.

shadow hearts 2 - I agree with anyone that said Joachim, i saw it somewhere.

rogue galaxy - lilika. the style of fighting, complete uselessness by the end of the game, the way she talked. the way she kinded just didn't fit in. her stupid one liners once every couple of hours. anger. and on that note, no one in this game inspires more will to kill than the like, omg, TOTALLY awesome MIO!

in fact, no one in a game in general inspires that much anger, save Mac Frasier from the SSX series. but i digress.

edit: completely forgot about a certain character.

GRANDIA 3 - Alfina. the only way to completely state my entire point would be this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/02/22

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Infy; Mar 9, 2007 at 08:12 AM.
Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2007, 03:41 PM #79 of 91
The main person I want to murder is Marche from FFTA. I can't stand him in any way, shape or form, Montblanc always gets a trip to Jagd as well.

Tidus too. I like happy people I do, but the whole father issues thing bugs me. One minute he says he doesn't care about his father and then he goes on whining about it for most of the game.

I haven't finished FF12 yet but Balthier is pissing me off. He always has something to say, a metaphor, a simile, some sort of witty anecdote. He contributes nothing beyond that, I wish I could kill him and take his airship. He even has something to say when no one is talking to him.

I honesty can’t see where his fanbase comes from.

Mickey in KH and KH2, there’s something about him I don't like. I feel like he started the whole mess.

Does Jaheira in BG2 count? Because you can kill her slowly. Once I found out she was to be a widow I knew she going to piss me off. She’s supposed to be neutral and yet I can't yell at children or at the homeless, can't solicit hookers either. I can do nothing with her in my party besides smite evil and agree with her.

Ernest = lol. I got him twice in the 6 or 7 times I played Star Ocean.

FELIPE NO
"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom
Herbal_Carnage
The Last Raven

Member 21584

Level 1.60

Mar 2007

Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:54 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 03:54 PM #80 of 91
Tidus!!!! I just wanna gut him! Worst FF Char EVER! well at least IMO.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Xfire=Theunrealone27
Myspace=www.Myspace.com/unorthadox27
HeЯb{PurPleKusH}

Image removed by GFF Signature Police
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:01 PM #81 of 91
Al fucking fina in Grandia III. She is not only the most EMO CHARACTER IS ROLE PLAYING HISTORY but she literally CRIED throughout the entire game. Everything, and all things made this idiot go to tears. For the two times Emelious would attempt to chock her to death, I was right there rooting him on!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:52 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 11:52 PM #82 of 91
Leo Stenbuck from the first Zone of the Enders game. Damn he was a little bitch, ADA ADA NO!!! GIVE ADA BACK!! STFU AND BE A MAN BITCH!

Almost everybody from the game Magna Carta: Tears of Blood. I swear, i didn't buy that game for the reasons you think i did... all six of them.

Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, DONALD FUCKING GOOFY!!!!

I know their names already damn it! quit saying it. except i still like Sora, so just donald and goofy.

O and Maria from Star Ocean till the end of time. To me, she was one of those characters that you kept dead because it was a waste of magic and/or an item to bring her back. soooo maybe i already did kill her in my own way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?

Last edited by crabman; Apr 18, 2007 at 01:55 AM.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:03 PM #83 of 91
Not really an RPG, but regardless, Arthas from WarCraft III. He was a whiny little overzealous bitch of a prince in the human campaign, and all the others he was a wannabe underling, then just like a pussy little emo, he cried all the way up to the frozen throne and almost reluctantly took it because of all the poor friends he sacrificed to get there.

What a loser.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

FGSFDS!!!
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 03:55 AM #84 of 91
Quote:
Lyon (Suikoden V) - Your typical Anime-inspired pseudo-loli love interest. Like we haven't seen enough of these already.
Not to mention sometimes she was useless in a fight, anyway. And I had to go through that one dungeon for her?!

I preferred Miakis over her, anyway.

FFXII--Ashe. I'm sorry, but she's a bitch. The way she talks to those who could be her subjects again one day kind of sets my teeth on edge....

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:09 PM #85 of 91
Lyon wasn't so bad to me, but Kyle, or whatever that dudes name - the one who is always hitting on girls. He annoyed me to no end. Honestly probably the only "hero" in suikoden V I really liked was ummm Arshtats sister(my memory is going to hell these days..). The "thing" she does, sends the message of "If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself".

Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, DONALD FUCKING GOOFY!!!!

I know their names already damn it! quit saying it. except i still like Sora, so just donald and goofy.
ROTFLMAO! *pat pat* It's ok man XD there there, there there. Riku got hyped out the ass in that game.

Most amazing jew boots
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:44 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 10:44 PM #86 of 91
I'm gonna go ahead and say every character from Grandia III with a few exceptions.

Ulf was tolerable for me. I enjoyed his character enough, but his lines were usually so cheesey, which is true for all characters.

Miranda was ok, but her character started to thin out as the game went on. I'm glad you eventually got rid of her, before she got too stupid.

Alonso was ok. No real big problems with him.

Yuki, however, started off fine. I didn't have any problems with him, but oh my god did he really let himself go. By the time the second disc came around i couldn't stand him, and was cursing his existance all the way through the second disc.

Alfina. Didn't mind her at first, but she took many downward declines, much like Yuki, only faster, and sooner.

Dahnna: Seriously, pointless character. She just sort of showed up, and instantly became soul mates with Alfina, making her the next character you get. She was a cut and paste character in terms of story, voice acting, and graphical appeal even. No soul whatsoever.

Hect: Don't even get me fucking started. She enraged me to the enth degree, and when she suddenly joined my party i almost stopped playing right then and there. All of her lines drove me nuts, and the way in which the voice actor said them made no sense with the situations, and just sounded like a person reading off a script. Not sure how that got past quality control.

That's all for now, but i'll be back.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ced The Lad
Magister Magi

Member 18529

Level 5.59

Jan 2007

Old Apr 23, 2007, 02:53 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 11:53 PM #87 of 91
Quote:
Al fucking fina in Grandia III. She is not only the most EMO CHARACTER IS ROLE PLAYING HISTORY but she literally CRIED throughout the entire game. Everything, and all things made this idiot go to tears. For the two times Emelious would attempt to chock her to death, I was right there rooting him on!
I hate her so much. Hect was more fun to have around than her. And that's saying a lot because Hect was annoying as hell throughout the whole game. I share the hate of Emo characters. Life is not that bad.

Quote:
Lyon wasn't so bad to me, but Kyle, or whatever that dudes name - the one who is always hitting on girls. He annoyed me to no end. Honestly probably the only "hero" in Suikoden V I really liked was ummm Arshtats sister(my memory is going to hell these days..). The "thing" she does, sends the message of "If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself".
Gavaya and Sialeeds respectively.

Juppo from Suikoden is a bastard. I don’t know why it took so long to get past that infernal wheel, but by the time I passed it, I wanted to maim something.

Travis from Suikoden 4 made me go through that stupid dungeon twice just to get him. He forced me to play that horrible game longer than I had to.

Bastan from Suikoden 5 was also annoying because I didn’t understand how to recruit him. Next thing you know, I’m assaulting Stormfist and by then, it’s too late to recruit him.

And finally, Lyner Barsett from Ar Tonelico because he’s a dense moron. I would have never put Misha to that much grief and trouble. I would have picked the first ending (after phase 2) and lived happily ever after. I thought it was unforgivable of him to ask Misha to sing at the Crystal Chronicle just to revive Shurelia. (Even though I liked Shurelia as a character)

FELIPE NO
Exo
Hageln den Fuhrer

Member 14662

Level 3.31

Oct 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:24 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 08:24 PM #88 of 91
First off, Tidus in FFX. His character design was gay, his voice was whiny, and him bitching about his dad every two minutes got old fast.

Secondly Cloud FFVII. His attitude was shit and I hate how overrated he is.

And last Yuna X-2. She was a prostitute, sounded like a dying cow, and was also just plain annoying. >_>

How ya doing, buddy?
FFI / FFS / GFF / FFR /
Xhaos
Bringer of the White Dawn

Member 6442

Level 2.62

May 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 05:40 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 05:40 PM #89 of 91
I'd have to say Quina from FFXI. I couldn't stand him/her. They couldn't even tell the gender of Quina. Not good in my book.

Most everybody in Tales of the Abyss save a certain few. I thought they were all idiots.

Last, but not least, Miranda from Legend of Dragoon. I wasn't a fan of the White Dragoon power, and she really does piss me off. But is there any use of her in the story. I would've told them to just stck with Shana and be done with it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

I stand alone, the moon my only friend. I am neither angel nor demon. Just a lonely drifter, searching for freedom from this eternal war. Is there such a thing for a freak like me?
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:19 PM #90 of 91
I don't know about "slowly and painfully," but I really disliked Squall quite a bit. The only character I had any affection for from FF8 was Laguna, sadly enough. From what I can remember Dart from Legend of Dragoon got on my nerves a lot as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.