Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.

Zefier
Breaktime

Member 7533

Level 14.42

May 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 08:14 PM #51 of 91
Well, I'd say Shirley Fennes from Tales of Legendia and Sophia Esteed from SO3 need to die BADLY. The former has some magnetic force that allows her to be kidnapped just about every damn second of the game and the latter just 100% annoying.

Most amazing jew boots
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 08:49 PM #52 of 91
A surprisingly large portion of the Final Fantasy Protagonists I wanted to kill.

Squall first and foremost. That kid had ISSUES and took 60 hours of my life to fucking have them explained to him, never really figuring them out.

Eiko from FF9. Shutup, bitch, and stop screwing with all my plans. No, I do NOT find an 8-year-old with short hair attractive. Get over it.

Wakka. I don't like Jehova's Witnesses that come to my door and talk about scripture, and I don't like Jehova's Witnesses that come to my games and talk about scripture.

Cloud, Yuffie, Vinc.....screw it. THE ENTIRE CAST OF FINAL FANTASY VII. Except Tifa. She had redeeming qualities. And yet, strangely, I still love the game. What's wrog with me?

The ENTIRE cast of X-2. Look, we can totally change Yuna's character, Paine's like Auron only a billion times worse, and we found a way to make Rikku even MORE of a whore! (Admittedly, I didn't think they could pull that off and still market the game to kids, so props on that)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 11:04 PM #53 of 91
Originally Posted by Arainach
Wakka. I don't like Jehova's Witnesses that come to my door and talk about scripture, and I don't like Jehova's Witnesses that come to my games and talk about scripture.
I lol'd. Gonna go kinda vague here, but I basically loathe any character who joins your party (and overall, your quest) for no good reason. Rendalf, the dwarf in Astonishia Story, does this. He's basically like "I've got nowhere else to go so hey, I'll throw my life away for your sake!"

Hm, who else. I can't think of any other characters like that at the moment, but there are others out there. The bitches.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:43 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 10:43 PM #54 of 91
Mine are all pretty standard. I loathe Squall because he's a whiny, emo fuck. He doesn't contribute anything, all he does is bitch and moan. Selphie because she's an outgoing pain in the ass, who also contributes nothing.

The generic Cait Sith/Quina character. The only "joke" characters I've ever really liked were Umaro and Mog. Most SE games have some variation on this theme, where one character is just RIDICULOUS.

The people who mentioned people like Snowe missed the point. I hated Suikoden IV, but you were MEANT to hate Snowe. That's like saying you hate Algus in FF Tactics. You're MEANT to hate Algus. He's a whiny, spoiled prick.

Generally, I dislike characters with no personality. I like a backstory, and anyone who is simply there to fill space tends to piss me off.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:06 AM #55 of 91
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I lol'd. Gonna go kinda vague here, but I basically loathe any character who joins your party (and overall, your quest) for no good reason. Rendalf, the dwarf in Astonishia Story, does this. He's basically like "I've got nowhere else to go so hey, I'll throw my life away for your sake!"

Hm, who else. I can't think of any other characters like that at the moment, but there are others out there. The bitches.

As much as I love him, Grey from Atelier Iris 2 does that, and even says that's the reason why he joins you. "I got nothing better to do, and besides, you're a interesting character!" BAH!

FELIPE NO
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:10 AM #56 of 91
Originally Posted by Denicalis

The people who mentioned people like Snowe missed the point. I hated Suikoden IV, but you were MEANT to hate Snowe. That's like saying you hate Algus in FF Tactics. You're MEANT to hate Algus. He's a whiny, spoiled prick.
I need to add Snowe to my list as well...Suikoden "fodder" characters are supposed to MAKE you like them, so you can perfect the game and let them make it through alive. Suikoden IV had already pissed me off and I just wanted to get it over with no matter what ending I got, so when I was graciously given the option to behead him...:wave:

I know Suikoden games feature a lot of characters that are there to fill up star slots, but about 3/4 of the cast I got in S4 could probably go without me shedding a tear. They just weren't well introduced or used at all. Almost as bad as the Chrono Cross cast, although they did have at least some reason to join up. Kind of...

Most amazing jew boots
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Aug 4, 2006 at 12:13 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:13 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 11:13 PM #57 of 91
Originally Posted by GoldfishX
I need to add Snowe to my list as well...Suikoden "fodder" characters are supposed to MAKE you like them, so you can perfect the game and let them make it through alive. Suikoden IV had already pissed me off and I just wanted to get it over with no matter what ending I got, so when I was graciously given the option to behead him...:wave:

I know Suikoden games feature a lot of characters that are there to fill up star slots, but about half the cast I got in S4 could probably go without me shedding a tear. They just weren't well introduced or used at all.

Tactics was worse. First time I haven't gotten every single available character in a suiko game. Fuck the little mercenaries. That game had to END.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:00 AM #58 of 91
Originally Posted by Denicalis
The people who mentioned people like Snowe missed the point. I hated Suikoden IV, but you were MEANT to hate Snowe.
Then you were meant to like him because he redeemed himself.....

I think I would have liked him more if he had stayed on the dark side and stayed a pirate.

But nooooo--he had to be a SOD that you HAD to have for the best ending.....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 06:50 PM #59 of 91
SO3 - I am sorry, but Fayt, he is just so god damned dense sometimes, it is amazing...

FFX - Tidus, the boy band reject(as was stated above). Khimari, I really dun know why, but ya...and most of all, Yuna...I got my reasons...

NWN: Someone above said Aribeth, I agree completely and was glad when you actually did get to kill her in the end....but couldn't we have just done that part first?

Now, on to an older RPG...

Fallout 1: DOGMEAT! You bastard! I try and keep your dog ass alive and yet...you just get in my line of fire and when that laser gattling gun goes off...whoops, time to load my last save.

The boss of the game, only because he spoke in a really wierd way that creeped me out...Oh wait, this is heroes

Most amazing jew boots
I forgot my old sig...
ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 12:25 AM #60 of 91
I would have prefered for the entire cast of FF9, 10, and 10-2...(I'd like Yuna and Rikku to die twice please). Wasn't a huge fan of Collette and a few other chars from Tales of Symphonia. And as for a few others, Momo was quite annoying at times in Xenosaga...dunno if I would kill her due to the cute factor. Along with many of the ones everyone wants dead (Tingle, Navi.) Last but not least, the Prince Charmles from Dragon Quest VIII...he wasn't much of a hero, but I'd kill him anyway.

sadikyo
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12040

Level 1.60

Sep 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:33 AM #61 of 91
I also have a general "type" of character that I find REALLY annoying. In many RPGs, there is this 'cool' looking guy in the beginning that all the girls love and all the guys hate cause he's so awesome and powerful. So you have to beg and beg and sell your soul and then you FINALLY get to have him in your party, but he's still an asshole and tells you constantly why you suck and he's so much better than you.

What makes this even more annoying is when there's some introductory part where you are allowed to fight him, but the game dooms you to losing to him, even if you have gone outside and leveled up a bunch just so you would actually be powerful enough to beat him. These people are really annoying to me...

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 04:55 PM #62 of 91
Originally Posted by Dee

Suikoden IV - Snowe also needs to be punched in the face. "MY ARM! MY ARRRRRM!" I beheaded him once, but reloaded right after the scene just so I didn't have to replay that terrible game.
Damn right. Only thing that saved his life is because he was a star. Made me sad to safe his ass.

Surpringly there's not that many characters that annoyed me THAT much as everyone else.

People like Tidus come to mind, but I think that's more the voice actor that annoyed me then the actuall personality.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:14 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:44 PM #63 of 91
Rinoa from FFVIII!
Dammit I hate that bitch so much. In the scene that she was hanging from the cliff, I was yelling 'drop! drop! drop!' at the screen!

FELIPE NO
midais
Time and Time Again

Member 696

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 01:10 PM #64 of 91
I second Rinoa. Even Princess Peach probably didn't need as much rescueing. Or have as much whining.

I'm also quite annoyed at Lucrecia in the recent DoC:FFVII. Yes, we know you're 'so sorry', now get over it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
when our time is up, when our lives are done, will we say we've had our fun?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 01:09 AM #65 of 91
Originally Posted by Dee
Rinoa is also pretty bland. "Oh, I'm useless!" Yeah, and the dog sucks too.

Not to defend or anything, but I managed to destroy bahamut in one round using her limit attack with her dog :x

Not too sure which hero I'd like to off. Mallow from Mario RPG comes to mind, he was just too damn whiny for my tastes.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 01:13 AM #66 of 91
Originally Posted by MTGNecro
Fallout 1: DOGMEAT! You bastard! I try and keep your dog ass alive and yet...you just get in my line of fire and when that laser gattling gun goes off...whoops, time to load my last save.
This isn't bizarro universe where you can take the best character and say you hate them because they're brave and heroic. ;_;

Why weren't you using a sniper rifle, anyways?

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:52 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 05:22 AM #67 of 91
I don't personally have that many heroes that I would kill slowly and painfully maybe its because I have a high tolerance for very annoying characters. I do have a few nonetheless.

Chu-Chu (Xenogears) - What an annoying furball. Something that cute should not be in a very relgious and very dark game. I was actually kind of happy when I seen him strung up on those metal crosses with the other gears.

Kyleen (Thousand Arms) - The biggest gold-digger in all of rpg history, from the games I have played anyway. I have never met a woman that was so hard to please in any rpg. She would only acknowledge your existence if you were rich, and the only way you could make ehr happy is if you gave her expensive gifts such as jewelry.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 01:21 PM #68 of 91
Unfortunately I can't say Squall because he isn't a hero. Just because you swing around a sword striking monsters down doesn't make you a hero. Villains can do that too, Squall. Heroes are people we look up to; good people. Since Squall isn't actually even a character, seeing as how he has no characteristics, I don't even know why I brought him up in this thread.

I guess you can count Rose from Legend of Dragoon as a hero, but she was so fuckin stupid I'm not sure about that one. I'd like to peel back her fingernails, stab them into her intestines and then.... aahhh, you get the picture.

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:19 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 08:19 PM #69 of 91
FF VIII: Irvine: Total wuzz and fake. Also a loser, can't get any chick from the game despite his efforts.

Crono and Serge (Chrono Saga): I totally HATE every character that can't speak. Shame on Crono though, he had charisma, but without personality is crap.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Memnoch
Badass Van

Member 12452

Level 6.82

Sep 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 02:37 AM #70 of 91
Final Fantasy X : Tidus: The only time i did like him was in the end,but still he was acting a little "feminine" when he said "Yuna"..it was like a woman did the motion capture...yuck.(jump in oblivion was cool though)

: Wakka;"Ya"? aaaah besides his accent he's just a terrible character who uses a freaking "ball" to kill enemies..come on?

Final Fantasy X-2: The unholy threesome: I don't have to explain..i think.I did like Yuna in FFX.

Kingdom Hearts 2: all the disney characters,Sora and RIKU..he SERIOUSLY disappointed me in KH2.

there are more,but it would take foreverXD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 08:33 PM #71 of 91
Um, for the record. You should've said Kingdom Hearts, KH 2 and KH: Chains of Memories. Anyways why would you care?

For me though, I'd use Necron's Grand Cross on the FFX-2 version of Yuna, Rikku and Paine. Because for some reason. This game just didn't interest me as much as FFXII, FFVII and FFIX + FFXIII and FF Versus XIII did.

How ya doing, buddy?
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:11 AM #72 of 91
Originally Posted by Zeta26
Um, for the record. You should've said Kingdom Hearts, KH 2 and KH: Chains of Memories. Anyways why would you care?
Huh!? I think he was just talkin about how crappy of a role Rikku had in KH2.

Originally Posted by Zeta26
For me though, I'd use Necron's Grand Cross on the FFX-2 version of Yuna, Rikku and Paine. Because for some reason. This game just didn't interest me as much as FFXII, FFVII and FFIX + FFXIII and FF Versus XIII did.
Oh, so you played FF XIII already? O_o

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:35 AM #73 of 91
Any character from Grandia Xtreme...

Man, the voice acting AND script were both very bad. (The game as well.)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Redfield
Gooey Peach

Member 661

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 02:06 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 11:06 AM #74 of 91
All Protagonists from Final Fantasy X - Everything about the protagonists was awful. Their designs, personalities, voices, back-stories, they were just mediocre. So mediocre, in fact, that Auron seems bad ass in comparison to them, when I believe he's really not, he's just another video game stereotype. Tidus was especially bad. He has to be the most whiny video game protagonist of all time, almost every word out of his mouth involves him bitching and moaning about his father, or Spira, or whatever the hell he feels like whining about at that point of the game. We know, you hate your father, and I don't care, and I sure as hell don't want to hear about it anymore.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - Do I even have to elaborate on this one? Plus, isn't this the guy from The Bouncer?

Snowe (Suikoden IV) - Christ, I thought this guy wasn't going to bother me, but when he goes and gets me screwed over because he's a coward? Usually, I'm all for the coward characters, but Snowe was the epitome of a little bitch. At least Brad Vickers redeemed himself by lending us the Rocket Launcher, and the key to the lockers.

Ayla (Chrono Trigger) - I couldn't stand the way she spoke. They didn't even have English back then, so why the hell is she talking in this ridiculous Mongoloid English? Plus, her time period was the most annoying to play.

Lyon (Suikoden V) - Your typical Anime-inspired pseudo-loli love interest. Like we haven't seen enough of these already.

There's most likely a bunch more (there's rarely ever a party member in a game that doesn't annoy me), but I should stop before I make myself look like even more of a jack ass.

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 04:43 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 10:43 PM #75 of 91
Sqaull (FFVIII)
He was so slow on the uptake, and whined way too much for my liking.

Tidus (FFX)
He just annoyed the hell out of me, him and his "old man".

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.