Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Cell Phone Games!

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:51 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2007, 08:51 PM #1 of 8
Cell Phone Games!

What games do you have on your cell? What games are actually worth picking up, and what games suck? Help those of us cell-gamers decide what to spend our money on so we can burn time while waiting for the movie to start or for the bus to pick us up! Be sure to talk about how easy the games are to control and how much fun they can actually be.

I currently have 3 games loaded on my cell.

Bejeweled:

Everyone knows Bejeweled (or at least, they should). It's a puzzle game focused on making chains of colored gems. 3 in a row causes the gems to disappear, and the goal is to get large amounts of gems to disappear, causing chain reactions to get the best score. The game is perfect for a cell, it just needs up/down/left/right/enter controls. The only bugger when playing on phone is that you have to scroll across gems with the cursor in order to make your selection, rather than just clicking like on a PC. It makes it hard to play against the clock because you use up so much time just scrolling. But the infinity mode is good, as you can go forever until you have no more moves (like Solitaire). Very fun game, easy to play, and very easy to waste time.

Meteos Astro Blocks:

Wow this game is pretty much the best cell game I've ever played. It's published by Bandai, so it holds very true to the original Meteos gameplay for the DS. Basically, Meteos is pretty similar in play to Bejeweled, except that it "launches" the blocks you line up towards the top of the screen, effectively picking up and eliminating all the blocks that rest on top of them. Kind of like a reverse Tetris. It has 3 different play modes: Star Quest (a long questline of levels combining puzzles, boss fights, and race the clock type styles), survival mode (which just has you play for as long as you can for the highest score), and puzzle mode (many different puzzles to figure out by moving the right blocks at the right time). Controls are as simple and easy as UDLR/OK, but playing again suffers a bit from having to scroll the cursor instead of simply select your intended block. Still, this is probably my second favorite cell phone game ever, after the traditional powerhouse Tetris.

Tornado Mania:

The premise is that you control a tornado that has a weird trajectory and try to blow up as many buildings and cars as you can. The torando "spins" in a rotational pattern around the map, and you can change the diameter of the circle in which it's spinning. Basically, think about trying to control a Spirograph. It's very clunky and unresponsive, and really just kind of hard to control. Initially I thought this game would be cool since "hey, i get to blow shit up with a tornado, cool!" But really, I don't even bother playing it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.

Last edited by Guru; Jun 14, 2007 at 08:56 PM.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 08:43 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2007, 06:43 AM #2 of 8
How about those games that come in your iPod? I just recently discovered them on my iPod after 5 months of possession.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 12:22 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2007, 06:22 PM #3 of 8
I've got Worms 2 on my phone and it's just about the best thing ever. It's obviously somewhat cut down from the original but you can have up to 12 worms in at once. You only get bazookas, grenades, banana bombs, holy hand grenades, shotguns, dynamite, clusterbombs and airstrikes but it's nice to get back to the orignal Worms skills before the concrete donkey and all that shit and it fills my 15 minute train journey rather perfectly.

I used to have Sonic too (Pretty faithfull reproduction of Sonic 1) but I got a bit bored of that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 01:26 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2007, 12:26 AM #4 of 8
The best game I've ever had in a cell phone was a port of Pang. Gotta love classics.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:43 AM #5 of 8
The only game I have on my cell phone is Tetris, but it definitely gets a lot of play time. Especially when the break room's pretty empty at work and I have an hour break to kill.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 04:21 AM #6 of 8
Well the phone I got now has no games on it. I would like to put some on, but I got no idea what I can put on my phone.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 01:44 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2007, 12:44 PM #7 of 8
I've gotten a couple of cell phone games, though I can't say I'm really impressed with any of them. As you can see, most of them are TV show-based games that I get for the hell of it.

Canal Control: This is the only full game that came with my cell phone, so for a long while it was the only thing I played. It's basically just some puzzle game where you have to arrange some pipes around to get from end to the other. It's alright, but I certainly wouldn't have bought it.

Pac-Man: Boy, this game really sucks to play on a cell phone. It's really hard to turn quickly using the cell phone keys, so you spend a lot of time dying. I think I might have gotten up to the third level one time, but most of the time it's a chore just to get the end of the first level.

LOST: This game could have been good, but it's not. You basically just play as Jack and randomly kill wild boars and snakes while trying to reach some inane goal that you'll probably fotget about on the way to it. Later on in the game, they try to implement some stealth gameplay, which fails due to cell phone keys (who knows, maybe I just have a crappy cell phone when it comes to gaming). And there's nothing new in regards to the show, so fans don't really have a reason to buy this either.

Desperate Housewives: Surprisingly, this game is actually pretty good, maybe the best cell phone I have. You're basically just playing a board game in a race to collect clues before the CPU does, but it also has some trivia aspects and other minigames as well. Not only that, but you also get an original "season" of the show, with each of the game's 24 levels being considered an "episode." It's probably mostly only going to appeal to fans, as the game is very story-driven, and features characters from the show, along with trivia questions that you would have to had watch the show to know. If you're a fan of the show, this is probably a must-buy, but otherwise it probably won't appeal to you.

South Park: 10: Haven't played that much of it, but I can still tell that it's not very good. It's basically just a South Park platforming game...except it's not that good. The description said something about playing through episodes from the first ten seasons of the show, but so far I've played through the entire first season and every level featured Scuzzlebutt (remember him from the one episode he was in?) saving some people from lava while collecting Cheesy Poofs to unlock a secret stage. Laaaame.

24: Agent Down: Surprisingly, being the big 24 fan that I am, I've barely touched this game. It's not that bad either, I just haven't played it. Go figure. Anyway, it consists of three different gameplay types: Code Breaker, where you have to press numbers on your cell phone as they flash on the screen; Spinlock, where you have this spinning circle thingy that you have to stop at the right time; and the main mode, where you play as tiny, unrecognizable Jack Bauer in a Splinter Cell-style type game. Like I said earlier, it's not that bad, but it's another game that will most likely only appeal to fans (but then again, I guess you could just pretend that tiny, unreognizable Jack Bauer is a tiny, unrecognizable Sam Fisher if you don't care about the show).

So yeah, in general, most cell phone games aren't that good, which is why I take my DS everywhere with me.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:10 PM #8 of 8
I've had a couple of decent ones in the past. I REALLY regret my latest download...

Might and Magic - If only I could figure out how to move the damn platform correctly, I would been able to get further. It's a really good adventure game and definitely worth the download. If I had the money, I'd download it again, then again, I can't focus on a game longer than 10 minutes... On any game for that matter.

Surviving High School 07 - I don't really know what drove me to play this game for two hours, but it's alright. It's your normal, stereotypical dating sim. <_<

New York Nights - Like the Sims, but toned down more. It's pretty decent if you're willing to put in the time.

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - It was either this or Orcs and Elves. I totally regret the decision, but it's not the one I most recently regret. T_T The game was alright for a time, but it just got ridiculous cause I kept dying all the damn time...

3D Dance Dance Revolution - THIS is the one I regret. $9 for a 3dish version of DDR, where you only get 5 songs (B4U, Brilliant 2U, Sakura, Put Your Faith In Me, Keep On Movin') and two dancing chracters available (Rage and Emi). Even if you're the biggest DDR Freak in the world, it's not worth $9. I'll probably buy a different game and delete this when the time is right. For now, I'll play it when i'm bored.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Cell Phone Games!