Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Crush

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:06 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2007, 08:06 PM #1 of 5
Crush

Is anyone playing this? It really seemed to slip under everyone's radar, but is a diamond in the rough.
Now, if anyone mentions that Super Paper Mario already did this gameplay, you're sorely mistaken! SPM gave the player MUCH less freedom to swap 2D and 3D than Crush. Crush has the player manipulating the 3D environment fully with the camera, and then crushing in one of 5 directions (every sideways direction and also top-down).
The game also has interesting characters and an intriguing sideplot. Danny is an insomniac that can't figure out why it is he can't sleep. C.R.U.S.H. is the machine the prof built to psychologically solve that problem . . . through action puzzling. Yeah, a bit of a stretch, but very fun.
Something to know though, the game is tough! It has great control, but every level is timed, and there are two special items (a trophy and a puzzle piece) and many marbles to collect in each level.
The game's mechanics are genius, utilizing all sorts of tricks between 3D and 2D.
If you were even remotely interested in this game, pick it up! I highly recommend it, and for $30 for a game on the PSP, it's totally worth it!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:12 PM #2 of 5
I was hooked the minute I started playing. Yeah, a lot of people are mentioning Paper Mario when they see the game and how Sony always copies Nintendo (which isn't entirely false). But I love this game! Anywhere bored of their PSP, definitely give this a try. You will not be disappointed.

What level are on you on? I just started the Fair stages.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:21 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2007, 05:21 AM #3 of 5
What, Paper Mario? Fuck 'em. If you catch anyone comparing this game to Paper fuck Mario I'd say you can shoot them, as they were born without a brain, and they're just waiting for their skulls to cave in.

Anyway, this game is super innovative and super clever. I don't have a PSP but I played this on a friend's PSP and it made me want to buy one. It really requires a lot of lateral thinking and the style is just neat! When I heard about it the first time I was kinda hesitant since it sounds like something that could easily be fucked up by poor level design or too many complications, but this game is just really well done. And it's not easy either, I had trouble right away and I'm a total puzzle freak.

If you have a PSP and you like puzzle games at all, you owe it to yourself to check this game out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:31 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2007, 06:31 PM #4 of 5
When I first heard of this I was like "wow, Sega's making a good game? Unpossible" then found out Sega was merely the publisher and all was right with the world. It looks really interesting and I would enjoy consuming it when I get a PSP. (ONE DAY, HONEST!)

Most amazing jew boots
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:41 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2007, 05:41 PM #5 of 5
The developer, Zoe Mode, is now thinking about sequels on the Wii and other systems. Can't wait.

I'm to the fair, but I'm going back to get better scores on the levels. Scoring is harsh in this game! The only real way I'll get a better score is to play it again right after I beat it and and do it faster.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Crush