Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Gears of War

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:27 PM #226 of 254
Last time I check, all the glitches are fixed.
Come see me on live! I'd love nothing more for you to be the first person I try the revised chainsaw glitch on. =D

Anyways, agreeing that the bleed-out tactic in Annex is the gayest thing ever. I can't even do it myself, since part of the fun of Annex is the fact that your opponent is going to respawn and you need to work together with your team to defend the point you've captured when they return. The bleed-out tactic is the biggest pussy thing I've ever seen in my life.

Take your kills, don't about the bullshit that is Warzone bleed-out style. This is why I prefer execution. If you don't take your kill, I'm going to get back up and fuck you up in no less than 5 seconds.

Protip: Try holding back on the movement stick and whatever direction you want to turn after you hit A to roadie run. Since the game checks for wall cover you're pointing at every frame, holding back nullifies it.

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:11 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 05:11 PM #227 of 254
Protip: Try holding back on the movement stick and whatever direction you want to turn after you hit A to roadie run. Since the game checks for wall cover you're pointing at every frame, holding back nullifies it.
The man speaks the truth. This is the way of handling it. Alternatively, what I do sometimes is just hit the direction enough to turn the corner and then not hit any direction and let the guy run on his own instead of readjusting my course. I stick to shit far less that way.

How ya doing, buddy?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 09:10 PM #228 of 254
Originally Posted by Iwata
most of the whiteys i've run into and for me personally, the mic chat is one of the key factors for me to having fun. As much as i like certain people like Devo and Mo0, i tend to avoid being on their team because they take the shit far too seriously and the voice chat is always drab and riddled with bitching.
WHAT? I take Gears too seriously? I need to work on that, then. ;_;

I will admit I do get frustrated. Not as much lately from my perpetual lack of skill but the fact that whenever I try to celebrate, I get shot down with "Nah Mo0, you still suck." Let me have my fun, faggots.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:13 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 12:13 PM #229 of 254
Annex would be better if it didn't sound like there was a train coming my way every time I'm about to end the damn round. It's MORE annoying on surround sound because it overlays my music playing in the background. AT LEAST have it play in the last 3 seconds or let us dim the sound. I refuse to play Annex for that reason alone.

The new patch only made the gameplay worse, IMO. Everytime I run I stick to a wall 30% of the time. I should just be able to Hold A and if I want to snap to a wall...press A again. If any of you saw the 'excuse', it was claimed that the snaps make Gears more 'realistic.' They have a point...when alien lifeforms emerge from the ground with machine guns and speak like their semi-retarded - we better be realistic and jump on every wall before we turn the corner...because the Locust behind us is doing an active reload.

I was speaking idiomatically.

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:53 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 11:53 PM #230 of 254
One thing I would love is more sensitivity on the right stick so I can turn around faster, even on the highest sensitivity setting its really annoying that I can't turn round fast enough to shotgun the guy behind me.

Also the lancer's bullet damage needs to be more powerful; if it weren't for the chainsaw I would never use it. I've been using the pistol more of late and am surprised how powerful it is in melee and more than decent and downing in enemy, warranting upon them a curb stomp.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Apr 19, 2007 at 05:57 PM.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 09:06 PM #231 of 254
One thing I would love is more sensitivity on the right stick so I can turn around faster, even on the highest sensitivity setting its really annoying that I can't turn round fast enough to shotgun the guy behind me.
Been awhile since I played some gears, but If I remember right you can turn around pretty quick by rolling. Correct me If im wrong. Maybe it's because thats my first instinct when getting shot from behind.
Quote:
Also the lancer's bullet damage needs to be more powerful; if it weren't for the chainsaw I would never use it. I've been using the pistol more of late and am surprised how powerful it is in melee and more than decent and downing in enemy, warranting upon them a curb stomp.
The pistol is a beautiful thing if you can pop some headshots on a power reload. I also like how it shoots based on how fast you pull the trigger. It can be a waste when your targets moving around alot, but if you can out gun them in a straight up fire fight the pistol is perfect.

FELIPE NO
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:57 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 03:57 PM #232 of 254
Been awhile since I played some gears, but If I remember right you can turn around pretty quick by rolling. Correct me If im wrong. Maybe it's because thats my first instinct when getting shot from behind.
I find rolling is too slow as you have to adjust more after rolling to get the better shot, I'd just rather like the ability to be able to turn 180 degrees faster.

Most amazing jew boots
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2007, 05:35 PM Local time: May 7, 2007, 04:35 PM #233 of 254
So how about those new maps? Worth the points they cost or no? I've hardly played since the last patch because of changes in the gameplay that I feel have hurt the experience, but perhaps the new maps make it worth playing again.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2007, 06:41 PM Local time: May 7, 2007, 05:41 PM #234 of 254
Worth it for Bullet Marsh alone, but Process and Subway are also really, really good. The Marsh is one of my favorite maps now, and Subway has been likened to a "better version of War Machine", but I don't feel that's quite an accurate description.

Garden is the only one I can't quite get behind as much. I don't think it sucks like Rooftops, but there's nothing particularily enjoyable about it either. Poisonous gas or no.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:55 AM #235 of 254
I need to get back into gears, but does it seem like you can't get into a game if you don't have the new maps? I know it was like that in GRAW. You were basically black listed if you didn't purchase the map pack.

Most amazing jew boots
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:45 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 07:45 PM #236 of 254
There are plenty of matches, ranked or not, that don't have the new maps in the rotation. Granted, the new maps are plenty popular, but it's not hard to find matches that don't use them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:26 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2007, 05:26 PM #237 of 254
Awww, new achievements are achievementy and new.

Originally Posted by GearsofWar.com
Thursday, June 14, at 2 a.m. GMT, the stakes get even higher as Gears of War releases eight new Achievements for the “Annex” gametype and the “Hidden Fronts” Multiplayer Map Pack on Xbox LIVEĀ®.

In addition to adding new Achievements, worth a total of 250 points, Gears of War developer Epic has improved the Roadie Run controls so players have greater control of their movement and can better annihilate their pestilent enemies. The title update will also help squash multiplayer exploits and provide general housekeeping.

For those who have yet to man up and join the battle, the “Annex” gametype is now available for free and the “Hidden Fronts” Multiplayer Map Pack is available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points. All four multiplayer maps will be made available at no cost over Xbox LIVE on Sept. 3, 2007.

Release Notes

* New Achievements added! Eight new achievements worth a total of 250 points created for playing Annex and the Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack
* Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover
* Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer
* Fixed split-screen players interrupting the other player’s actions when they die
* Stopped Annex scoring whenever a “Connection Error” dialog box is displayed
* Reduced the duration that corpses remain visible when hosting an Annex match
* Reduced the range of possible Annex bleed-out times selectable by host
* Addressed a number of multiplayer exploits
* Addressed other general housekeeping

Achievement Details

Name Description Value
"THIS! IS! ANNEX!" Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match

"Inconceivable!" Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points

"Nub Pwn3r" Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team

"You Down With E.P.I.C?" Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps

"Green Thumb" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map

"Mind the Gap" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map

"All That Juice" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map

"Purdy Mouth" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map

Achievements seem like they won't be trivial, which is nice. More grinding and all that but 'eh. I don't like the fact that they attached these achievements ot the DLC after the fact, instead of including them with it. At least when Crackdown and the other games released their +250 GS packs they made sure you knew that the content you were getting added the points, and wasn't just something for enthusiasts for the game to get.

Ah, well. I'm just not looking forward to having to play in the Garden again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:41 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2007, 05:41 PM #238 of 254
I'm just glad that they are making an effort to fix the wall sticking bullshit. Maybe I will actually turn it on and play some more pretty soon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:46 PM #239 of 254
I'm never going to play this game again until they make the Shotgun at least as good as it was in V1.0. After they changed it in the first update the thing became as random as a round of Russian Roulette and totally killed the game.

On the topic though it's good to see Epic keeping their reputation of keeping their games up to date. Not many developers are this committed.

FELIPE NO
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:43 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2007, 11:43 AM #240 of 254
These two are a Godsend:

Quote:
* Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover
* Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer
EDIT:

Post Update I still cannot notice a sizeable difference; I still get snagged quite a bit.

I just want it back to the state it was when I got the game; at that time the Roadie Run was perfect.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Jun 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 08:15 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2007, 07:15 PM #241 of 254
These new achievements don't say anything about ranked matches, so can you get these newer ones in player matches or do they absolutely have to be ranked?
Nah, they work in unranked/private/split screen, actually.

So they are indeed trivial, but they still take a fair bit of grinding to get. The THIS. IS. ANNEX. one and the win by less than a 5 points twenty times one is just annoying.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Gears of War