Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Tales of Destiny (PS2)

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2006, 03:31 PM #26 of 40
I know who he's fighting. I didn't say his name because I didn't want to spoil it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 03:05 AM #27 of 40
Wasnt in the original, either. Since he said he wasnt sure. =P

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:07 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 10:07 AM #28 of 40
Yeah, which is why I had called him a new boss. But not to start ripping on Inhert or something. In other news:

lol

How ya doing, buddy?
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 02:25 PM #29 of 40
I pray for this to be released in NA.

I remember when I was browsing games in Hollywood video a long time ago. I found Tales of Destiny for the PSX and rented it. I instantly fell in love with the old school graphics and gameplay, and it's now one of my all time favorite games of all time.

I really, really hope that there is somehow a chance for this amazing game to come out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:22 AM #30 of 40
Originally Posted by Vkamicht
Been playing this. Everything about it is great so far, everything seems really polished. A lot of the script seems redone too, some of the story scenes even play out a bit different from the original. Battle system totally rocks, graphics are great and the music is very well re-arranged (mostly the same compositions, but I heard a few new ones.) Load times stay true to the 2d series (Destiny 2 & Rebirth) in being near-instant. Lots of voice and fun skits.

So far I have zero complaints.
Same, I'm about 10 hours in and have no complaints. It's complete rockage.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 06:28 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:28 AM #31 of 40
I'm about 35 hours in and nearing the endgame... Some bosses on hard are obnoxiously difficult to kill, especially
Spoiler:
Irene Rembrandt
with her nasty barrier and ability to call annoying mini units onto the battlefield... Anyway, got about 42k EXP, so it was pretty worth it.

FELIPE NO
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
squaretex
OPTIMISM, Captain!

Member 1597

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:56 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 12:56 AM #32 of 40
For those of you who were looking forward to the music from this remake, please refer to the appropriate thread in Audio Requests.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
yangxu
Last Star

Member 972

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:06 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 08:06 PM #33 of 40
Originally Posted by Tequila
I'm about 35 hours in and nearing the endgame... Some bosses on hard are obnoxiously difficult to kill, especially
Spoiler:
Irene Rembrandt
with her nasty barrier and ability to call annoying mini units onto the battlefield... Anyway, got about 42k EXP, so it was pretty worth it.
She's very easy if you spam Philia's holy spells...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:50 AM #34 of 40
I played this game entirely too much.

It's the best Tales i've ever played and i've played them all(excluding the portable ones)

Despite not understanding the story, having to fumble with the accessories and leveling up my weapons/armor and having to translate a ToD Wiki to figure out what skills are which and what spells are what, It's the most fun on the PS2 i've had since Okami. And i consider Okami to be the best PS2 game ever. I have never had such a love for the dark bottle and random battles before now. Even Star Ocean 3's excellent fighting system can't compare to this. It's just 1000% awesome. I am in love.

Witness it people. This is why Symphonia, Abyss, and Legendia suck. They suck because they are no fun to fight in at all when you've played a real fighting system like this one. The last one of this calibur was, depending on opinion, Rebirth or Destiny 2. The 3d games were lacking the BURNING PASSION that Destiny 2, Eternia, etc had.

But they brought it back and oh god is it good. I am sad to see the Tales series fall into a horrible 3d spiral of death when they can show you just how perfect the 2d system can be. I only hope someone can bring the dream of a 3d tales that dosen't lack BURNING PASSION to life.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:27 PM #35 of 40
I played this game entirely too much.

It's the best Tales i've ever played and i've played them all(excluding the portable ones)

Despite not understanding the story, having to fumble with the accessories and leveling up my weapons/armor and having to translate a ToD Wiki to figure out what skills are which and what spells are what, It's the most fun on the PS2 i've had since Okami. And i consider Okami to be the best PS2 game ever. I have never had such a love for the dark bottle and random battles before now. Even Star Ocean 3's excellent fighting system can't compare to this. It's just 1000% awesome. I am in love.

Witness it people. This is why Symphonia, Abyss, and Legendia suck. They suck because they are no fun to fight in at all when you've played a real fighting system like this one. The last one of this calibur was, depending on opinion, Rebirth or Destiny 2. The 3d games were lacking the BURNING PASSION that Destiny 2, Eternia, etc had.

But they brought it back and oh god is it good. I am sad to see the Tales series fall into a horrible 3d spiral of death when they can show you just how perfect the 2d system can be. I only hope someone can bring the dream of a 3d tales that dosen't lack BURNING PASSION to life.
Woah, totally agree with this point here. The game was an incredible amount of fun. Just finished it yesterday morning and will be going through a 2nd playthrough very soon, which is rare these days.

Don't worry about the story. If you've played the original Destiny, it's roughly 40% the same. In terms of script and character relations though, it's very different, but improved imo.

This deserves to come here, though knowing Sony and 2D games. =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2007, 03:16 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2007, 01:16 AM #36 of 40
After watching some videos on youtube I think I really want to get this game. I have Rebirth and ToD2 sitting on my shelf so I might as well buy this too. Once again Namco Hometek has let us all down. What harm is there in bringing this here? It isn't like they're busy localizing another Xenosaga or anything. >_>

If only XSEED or NIS could pick this up for US release.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:20 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2007, 11:20 AM #37 of 40
Well, don't give Hometek too much shit-- at least Abyss came over.

But yeah, the rumors that Namco refuses to sell the North American publishing right to any Tales game still seem pretty strong. I think we're going to have to hope Hometek gives it a shot.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2007, 11:32 AM #38 of 40
But didn't they allow Nintendo to publish ToP here in the states? I wonder what Nintendo had to go through to get those publishing rights. xD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2007, 04:01 AM #39 of 40
I've been hoping for news of this getting localized for months now. Symphonia and Abyss are the only Tales games that I've played (with the exception of a little bit of the GBA ToP port), and I adore them both. Legendia is on my shelf, but it doesn't look quite as interesting as the others. It'd be nice to see how much different the earlier games were.

Between this and all the delays/bumbling that Namco-Bandai has been doing with the .Hack//GU series, I'm really starting to get irritated.

FELIPE NO
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:31 PM #40 of 40
Meh I'll be excited when a US release is confirmed. It seems pretty random which tales game gets released and which one doesn't. I'm still pissed we didn't get Destiny 2 and Rebirth.
I really have to agree. I wanted to play Tales of Destiny 2 so damn bad. I loved the first game and I'm usually happy when a good game has a sequel. I find it extremely disappointing how Namco won't bother to bring most of the Tales games over here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Tales of Destiny (PS2)