Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

School

Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:11 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 01:11 PM #26 of 54
I start my first year toward earning my MBA/MPP this semester at Pepperdine University (I have a BA in Information Technology). luckily I did very well on my GMAT so I'm able to avoid taking 5 of the core courses. So this semester it is:

Strategic Analysis and Decision Making
Technology and Operations Management
Information Resources and Technology
Accounting for Decision Makers
Theories and Models of Organizations

I haven't decided on the hours I'm going to be able to take these courses so I do not have the actual course numbers and times yet. I'm rather nervous though. From what I understand this program is far from easy and a lot of material is thrown at you very quickly.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
R1CH
Wark!

Member 10203

Level 2.38

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 02:14 PM #27 of 54
I was gonna go to my Senior year of highschool next month, but i decided to finish it during the summer. Yay! I hate this summer school tho, the good thing is i only got like a month left, then i will be freeeeee.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
galador
Chocobo

Member 652

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 01:09 AM #28 of 54
Originally Posted by R1CH
I was gonna go to my Senior year of highschool next month, but i decided to finish it during the summer. Yay! I hate this summer school tho, the good thing is i only got like a month left, then i will be freeeeee.
Umm... how is this possilbe? I mean I suppose I could have done this by taking classes at the community college for dual-credit (all I was required to take my Senior year was English), but still...

On topic, I'm starting my Freshamn year of college this fall, and I'm taking these classes:
  • Calculus I
  • World History
  • Computer Science I (with a Lab)
  • Comp I

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
R1CH
Wark!

Member 10203

Level 2.38

Jul 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 11:40 PM #29 of 54
Originally Posted by galador
Umm... how is this possilbe? I mean I suppose I could have done this by taking classes at the community college for dual-credit (all I was required to take my Senior year was English), but still...

On topic, I'm starting my Freshamn year of college this fall, and I'm taking these classes:
  • Calculus I
  • World History
  • Computer Science I (with a Lab)
  • Comp I
Yeah i took some classes during my Jr year that gave me a senior English credit. So i am just taking US History/Goverment in a Community College nearby. And let me tell you, that class is my sleeping pill.

I was speaking idiomatically.
brknredcrayon
meh..

Member 4079

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:20 PM #30 of 54
Senior Year @ Umass Amherst as an Accounting & Information Systems Major.

Taking

Advance Federal Taxes
Financial Reporting II
Honors Senior Thesis
Oceanography
Cost Accounting

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 01:59 PM #31 of 54
In the fall.. I AM WORKING XD (suckers haw haw!)

But I just finished up my classes at U-Waterloo for Enviro Engineering for first year blahh

*goes back to studying*

FELIPE NO
Happy Cow
Zansaian

Member 4323

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:21 AM #32 of 54
I'll be going into my third year of Chemical and Bioengineering at McMaster University. Two more years of torture to follow suit.

As for the courses I'm taking this fall, they are:

BIOLOGY 2EE3 - Introduction to Microbiology and Biotechnology
CHEM 2E03 - Introductory Organic Chemistry
CHEM ENG 3D03 - Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
CHEM ENG 3M04 - Mass Transfer and Stagewise Operations
CHEM ENG 3O04 - Fluid Mechanics
HTH SCI 2L03 - Anatomy and Physiology I: Communication

And no, I have no idea what half of these mean.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dat_kasu
Wark!

Member 1175

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 07:10 PM #33 of 54
I've got holidays at the moment but when they end, I'll start 12th grade at a German Gymnasium (which is the highest school type in Germany and has nothing to do with the gymnasium you do sports at).
My timetable looks like this:
even weeks:
Monday (starting at 9.40am): Maths, Politics, Ethics
Tuesday (starting at 7.50am): Economics, English, German, Sports
Wednesday (starting at 7.50am): Music, Politics, English, Physics
Thursday (" " " "): Physics, Maths, Economics
Friday (" " " "): Philosophy, English, Politics

odd weeks:
Monday (starting at 9.40am): Maths, Politics, Ethics
Tuesday (starting at 7.50am): Economics, English, German, Sports
Wednesday (starting at 7.50am): Music, Politics, Philosophy, German
Thursday (" " " "): Physics, Maths, Music
Friday (" " " "): Philosophy, English, Maths

One lesson consists of two periods à 45 minutes with a 5-minute break between them; there's a 15-minute break after every lesson.
My major subjects are English, Politics and Maths.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Mana Knight
The Brilliant Light Is Gone In An Instant

Member 9860

Level 4.50

Jul 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 07:33 AM #34 of 54
I have 1 more year to finish my Musical Performance degree. I will be finishing most of my music courses this fall semester, but have to take a ton of electives. I fortunately finished all of my Music Theory classes. The classes that I have to take during the fall are:
-Conducting
-Ear Training
-Performance
-Choir
-Guitar Ensemble
-Guitar Lessons
-Piano Tech
-Math
-History

Man, only a month left to sleep and play massive amounts of video games. I grow sadder each day that nears the first day of classes.

Last edited by Mana Knight; Aug 4, 2006 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:09 AM #35 of 54
ha, I grow happier each day school draws near because i'll be able to finially sleep in. Right now, i get up at 6:00am to get to my 7:00am helpdesk job. But once classes start, nothing before noon. It's gonna be a good semester.

But man, you achievers are putting me down, man. Evidently I choose to major in Slacker, cause I don't have to really work on anything, like studying or math problems. Technially I'm an English major at Elon University (you don't know where it is, for serious) with a concentration in Creative Writing, which can mean whatever you want it to mean. I also am kinda, maybe in some unofficial capacity, a digital art minor. But that's just for shits and giggles.

and, as the orginial post requests, my schedule is something like, evenly spaced afternoon's during the week, Senior Seminar (where we are studying Dicken's Great Expectations with onely one other male student) DigiArt III in a brand new building, Psycology 111 (because the English major is so slack, they tell me to take these filler courses and this is the last one i need) and Scriptwriting, which could be kinda cool, execpt I'll have to hang out with Communications majors, who are all deuchebags.

I will also be studying the fine art of sleeping in and doing as little as possible for as long as i can, which is growing less and less (this college thing was supposed to last me for a while after highschool...)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 12:37 AM #36 of 54
How come from my point of view, even the high school subjects look difficult? It almost makes me feel sorry for my bro who just started 9th grade.

I'm having fun here in med proper: Exams every week, minor tests every day, draining dissections from 8-5 at the cadaver lab, and the biochem professor from hell. Seriously, I'm having fun. Surprisingly I'm happier here than when I took biology in undergrad.
Subjects:

Histology
Gross Anatomy
Community Medicine
Bioethics
Biochemistry
Perspectives of Medicine.

first years have crappy classes. The only interesting thing is that we get to play with scalpels and fiddle with our dead guy while eating crackers and cheese beside him. Yummy!

Most amazing jew boots
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:20 PM #37 of 54
Senior year of highschool. This will be much fun (not).

I haven't gotten my schedule but my classes should look like this:

Academics:
Pre-Calculus 1 (winter) / 2 (spring)
English 7 (winter) / Creative Writing Honors (spring)
Government (winter) / Economy? (spring)
Health (winter) / weight training (spring)

Studio:
Music History
Beginning Guitar (spring?)
Voice 6 (Spring) / Voice 7 (winter)
Senior Chorus

Tests:
Math B Regents
U.S. History Regents
Japanese SAT2
U.S. History SAT2
Normal SAT w/ essay
JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency TesT) Level 3

I really regret choosing to be a music major right about now, since I no longer really have anything to do with music, and I don't even really sing much anymore. Such a waste of time but whatever.

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 04:06 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 02:06 PM #38 of 54
Originally Posted by Ultima
Senior year of highschool. This will be much fun (not).

I haven't gotten my schedule but my classes should look like this:

Academics:
Pre-Calculus 1 (winter) / 2 (spring)
English 7 (winter) / Creative Writing Honors (spring)
Government (winter) / Economy? (spring)
Health (winter) / weight training (spring)

Studio:
Music History
Beginning Guitar (spring?)
Voice 6 (Spring) / Voice 7 (winter)
Senior Chorus

Tests:
Math B Regents
U.S. History Regents
Japanese SAT2
U.S. History SAT2
Normal SAT w/ essay
JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency TesT) Level 3

I really regret choosing to be a music major right about now, since I no longer really have anything to do with music, and I don't even really sing much anymore. Such a waste of time but whatever.
To be honest, I'm quite jealous of you kids who are taking the advanced classes and the ones who are finishing high school early. I went through school hating every minute of it, while doing the absolute minimum work needed to pass. I regret doing this now because I can't truly connect to the people I look up to, and I just plain feel stupid.

I'm going back to college now and changing my major to Programming from Networking, which I (purposely) bombed. After this I plan to take at least one or two classes (like English or Chem) via Distance Learning to redeem myself and get back to learning.

My semester will be filled with strictly programming classes since I've finished all the non-programming requirements from my previous year. Maybe I'll squeeze in a photography or typography class if possible.

Last edited by Render; Aug 9, 2006 at 04:09 PM.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 08:39 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 06:39 PM #39 of 54
I'm hitting my second year, and right now I'm a Political Science major. In other words, I'm a tool.

I'm going to be taking only four classes this semester, and none of them are really relevant (except for Econ):
  • Basic Economics
  • Intro to Anthropology
  • Japanese III
  • Music Appreciation
Just a year more until a REAL university. Palomar College, represent.

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 07:22 PM #40 of 54
My semester is almost over. It wasn't as great as I was hoping, I kind of slacked off in one class forcing me to take an extension, an incomplete if you will and I had a math class which I deplore. I thought I had taken my math minimum but no. I don't mind math really, it's just at the higher level, it's precalculus if you want to know and then laugh, I get foggy eyed and just stop caring.

My new semster, which starts in about a month, will consist of Vietnam Era, Music Theory, and three projects and one internship. So this time it's pretty much just work to help beef up my portfolio before I graduate which will hopefully be after the Fall semester ends.

ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:14 PM #41 of 54
I'm starting my freshman year in college in a few weeks. I'm going to try to take it a easy my first semester so I'm only taking four courses

APMA 111 (Calculus II)
CHEM 151 (Chemistry plus labs)
ECON 201 (Economics also with labs)
ENGR 162 (Introduction to Engineering another class with a lab)

Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:27 AM #42 of 54
Fall semester for me starts on August 23rd. Senior year at North Carolina State. Kinda frightened about going out into the real world when I finish, but it was bound to happen eventually. My official degree title is Business Management - Information Technology Concentration. Kinda like a MIS degree but the main focus is the business side.

Fall lineup:

BUS 305 - Legal and Regulatory Environment
BUS 360 - Marketing Management
BUS 370 - Operations Management
BUS 440 - Database Management
ENG 332 - Communication for Business and Management
PE 102 - Fitness Walking
Waitlisted: PE 256 - Racquetball

I'm trying to take two PE courses because I have an issue with one class I took as a freshman and I have to take a one hour course to substitute for it. Should be a decent semester. I finished up my German courses last spring so I don't have that to worry about. All i'm focused on is doing my best and trying to make this the 4th semester in a row I achieve a 4.0

Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 07:52 PM #43 of 54
I started school two weeks ago and have finished 4 classes. My remaining "schedule" continues as follows:

PT140 Post Production Sound [8 hours]
PT104 Mixers, VTR’s, Patch bays [16 hours]
PT201 Pro Tools Production Essentials (TE) [16 hours]
PT111 Intro To Pro Tools Plug-ins and Effects [16 hours]
PT221 Sound Recording Concepts & Techniques [16 hours]
PT222 5.1 Surround Sound Mixing [16 hours]
PT210M Music Production Techniques (TE) [24 hours]
PT211 Pro Tools Studio Session [16 hours]
PT210P Post Production Techniques (TE) [16 hours]
PT225 Editing Sound Effects [16 hours]
PT235 Editing Backgrounds [16 hours]
PT255 The Craft of Music Editing for Post Production [16 hours]

This lasts me until the 18th of December. Then Video Symphony takes a two week break and gives everyone their next mess of a schedule. Also, I didn't include labs, because I don't know when I'll be scheduling them, but I will have 180 hours worth of that in there too.

How ya doing, buddy?
Monosodium
"You're falling behind mercenary."

Member 887

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 10:19 PM #44 of 54
Sophomore year of high school for me. The classes are:
AP Calculus BC
English II
AP Chemistry
AP European History
AP Computer Science
Latin III

Much more work than last year, especially when I was trying to get in some relaxation before the hell that is sophomore/junior year at my school

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 01:29 AM #45 of 54
I'm still in denial about the end of summer, but here are my classes:

Western History: 1800's-Present
Forensics
Natural Science
Rhetorical Criticism (Capstone :1zhelp: )
Playwriting

I'm a Junior in college and only one and 1/4 relate to my major. The rest are general requirements (which is impossible to finish within 2 years b/c you have to be a junior or senior in order to get into some of the courses) and one is an elective class.

I know it doesn't look like a lot, but all are 4 hour credit classes except for one that lasts an hour a week (Forensics practice). Plus, I am working a 15 hour and 5 hour shift for my technical office and newspaper and there's also the three competitions I have to attend in Forensics and preparing for my semester in Sunderland.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm leaving something out and that's why I'm still in denial.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
quest2368
Hitman

Member 2540

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 07:49 PM #46 of 54
I attend the University of Houston; currently majoring in Electrical Power Engineering Technology. It's my last year of college, and I'm done with all my labs. I have three courses left, but this last semester is going to be tough. For the first time, I'll be working full time with school at night. I don't know how i'm gonna do it. Have mercy on my grades. I'm gonna do my best. School hasn't started yet, and I already feel stressed out!

SOJC
General of the Army of Spoons

Member 10884

Level 5.11

Aug 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:47 AM #47 of 54
College starts up in a couple of weeks time...and I've got to start applying for university as soon as I go back...
I go to Greenhead College(voted best public college in one newspaper), and my A-Levels are Maths, Further Maths and Physics...
I really, really love Maths...I've done the full A-Level Maths Course in one year(it normally takes two years and the Further Maths AS/A Level starts this year).
Matrices aren't as fun as they sound...imaginery numbers own Matrices...

Anyhoo, here's my timetable...

Monday to Thursday start at 8:45 and finish at 15:55, lessons are 70 minutes long...
Monday: Free, Free, Maths, Physics, Maths
Tuesday: Free, Maths, Free, Free, Physics
Wednesday: Maths, Maths, Free (Day ends at 12:35)
Thursday: Maths, Free, Physics, Free, Free
On Friday, each lesson is 60 minutes long, so we have six lessons...
Friday: Physics, Free, Tutorial, Maths, Maths, Free.

I have loads of frees after dropping Economics, although a large number of those will be spent in Maths Help, like most Monday 2nd(doing homework for next lesson) and then me and some friends will normally stay in the Maths room over dinner break after our first Maths lesson...

FELIPE NO
Making the world a spoonier place
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 08:42 PM #48 of 54
How do some of you already have Spring? I've only got my fall sched-

English Comp I (Theme- Mind vs. Media)
College Algebra
Understanding Relations (Book- Marriage, Families, and Intimate Relationships)
Intro to Sociology (eLearning)

***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:51 PM #49 of 54
Originally Posted by Chyna~Girl
How do some of you already have Spring? I've only got my fall sched-

English Comp I (Theme- Mind vs. Media)
College Algebra
Understanding Relations (Book- Marriage, Families, and Intimate Relationships)
Intro to Sociology (eLearning)
Wow, the theme of your English Comp class and the Understanding Relationships class sound very interesting. Are either part of your major?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 08:56 PM #50 of 54
In my orientation binder is a general education sheet with a list of classes you need (some where it says "history choose 2" and lists 6 different courses) All of those come off that for General Ed. But I haven't quite figured out a major yet. I wouldn't mind being a gyno but going to school for ALL those years... I don't know if I have the patience... I could major in Math... I'm great in that and teach... but I dunno yet.

***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > School