Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Infected by Blackworm Virus

baconharvester
Carob Nut

Member 627

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:52 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 10:52 PM #1 of 9
Infected by Blackworm Virus

I've been infected with this virus, and I'm also getting lots of annoying ads that have audio, but no picture, so I can't close them. I've already scanned my computer with microsoft anti-spyware, spybot, and adaware. Any suggestions on what to do, and any links to free virus removers. Also, if I were to buy a virus remover, which one do you suggest? Thanks!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:00 PM #2 of 9
I would download AVG for you anti-virus software since it's free, easy to use, and a very good piece of software. I think you can get it from www.grisoft.com unless they changed their site again. If that doesn't work just google for AVG Anti-Virus.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 06:05 AM #3 of 9
Avast Home Edition is completely free, it's also 64-bit compatible. You can get it from here: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

It has probably added itself to your registry so that it can autostart whenever you boot, since it is actually a WORM. If you're finding it difficult to remove, it's probably because the process is still running on your computer. What I usually do is kill the process (or at least remove the autostart entry manually) then leave it at that, since if the thing isn't running it can't cause any damage. I'd advise you to do a scan though.

If you want to see what kind of things are running when you turn on your machine, one of these utilities would be of use: http://www.timelyweb.com/downloads/2961/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:46 AM #4 of 9
I didn't find anything named Blackworm...the closest was Blackmal (called Blueworm by Trendmicro)

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ackmal@mm.html

See if that's anything like what you're experiencing. Removal instructions are at the bottom (but install AVG instead of Norton, please).

Most amazing jew boots
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:32 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 04:32 PM #5 of 9
A mate of mine had this blackworm "virus" at the weekend. I tried running every program to get rid of spyware, and i also ran several anti-virus programs. I even ran the Norton application for blackworm but it said the system was clean
I tried going into msconfig and stopping all applications that were suspicious, restarted and still no luck. In the end i resorted to formatting it and starting again. The result no more blackworm.

I'm afraid it may result in you formatting your HDD to get rid of this pest completely.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 11:50 AM #6 of 9
Try the Ultimate Combo of Death.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 01:05 PM #7 of 9
I would download AVG and get it updated, then use it in conjunction with the Ultimate Combo of Death. The combo is geared towards getting rid of spyware, but by scanning with AVG once done with that and in safe mode, you stand a good chance of getting rid of the worm. Symantec doesn't have a standalone scanner for this worm, and you'd have to buy McAfee's bloated program to get rid of it that way.

Also, if you are capable of going online, you can download a free trial of Trendmicro's Internet security suite for thirty days. It is a resources hog, but you can disable some features so it isn't so bad. Perform a scan with that if nothing else works.

FELIPE NO
baconharvester
Carob Nut

Member 627

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 07:29 PM #8 of 9
Thanks for all the help. I've just downloaded the programs and am about to scan the computer right now. But, just wondering still, any other free/un-free programs you recommend?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 11:32 PM #9 of 9
Webroot's SpySweeper. Honestly, it's the BEST anti-spyware proggy on the entire market. They used to have a fully-functional trial version that I would recommend to fix any problems you might've had, but they fagged it up and now you have to buy a subscription to remove anything on your computer.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Infected by Blackworm Virus