Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

msn messenger virus

Sweeper
Carob Nut

Member 735

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:23 AM #1 of 5
msn messenger virus

ok one my friends got a msn messenger virus by clicking on a link from someone in their contacts that messages people randomly pretending to be them. Problem is i dont know which virus it is so i'm not entireles sure how to fix it... so i'm just wondering if anyone here knows?

so from what i know, when you sign in the mouse freezes, then it looks like someone is sending that 'click on this pic its you' ( or something) to everyone.

.. and then some kinda message that says msn messenger has to clean out somethign about hackers, it takes 5 mintes and your mouse and keyboard will be locked. ".. something like that

not sure if it really made sense, but like i've tried googling this but theres quite alot of ther msn virus removal methods for different virus, so i think i need to go over to my friends house later to see whats going on. but ya i'm jus wondering if anyone knows what i'm talking about here? lol and somehow identify the virus for me so i can find the proper removal method.

thanks~

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:25 PM #2 of 5
It's impossible to identify without more specifics. Even then, there are simply too many options. If your friend doesn't have some sort of anti-virus software, try getting something like AVG; free and works pretty well. That should be able to handle it. Oh, and tell your friend to be more intelligent with what he/she clicks on.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 04:08 PM #3 of 5
Yeah. That happened to me, cause I'm an idiot - even though my friend specifically told me not to click on anything "she" sends. But thankfully, I had AVG (what Adam said), and it completely blocked it (all 3 intrusions).

Good luck, bro.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Sweeper
Carob Nut

Member 735

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:56 PM #4 of 5
ya.. i just used nod32 to scan the computer. Hopefully i think i got rid of the dam virus grrr..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 07:27 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 10:27 AM #5 of 5
Man, these things are STILL going around? I fell for one of these back in the stone age of super cool Pentium 200 with a lightning fast 33k modem.

"Click this picture! I'm at the beach haha it's sandy here wow"
mypicturecoolsandcastle.exe

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > msn messenger virus