Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What food does your home town specialize in?

Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 08:55 PM #51 of 61
I live in Palmdale. It's in the middle of the desert and has a population of 143,227. It doesn't have a specialty food. It doesn't have a specialty anything. Nobody even knows about it. Although it does have its own Wikipedia page, which is a pretty big step for it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 04:40 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 03:40 AM #52 of 61
Before I moved to AZ I was in ABQ, NM (Y'know, the place where Bugs Bunny should've taken that left turn). ABQ has awesome New Mexican, Mexican food. One thing that makes New Mexican, Mexican unique is green chile which is pretty awesome.

Here's an awesome burrito at one of the best burrito joints in town, Dos Hermanos where the tortillas are handmade fresh everyday:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 05:51 AM #53 of 61
Montreal has a number of specialties including poutine and Montreal smoked meat.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 06:28 AM #54 of 61
Muck, that first picture looks like intestines on top of french fries. =(

My hometown is a back-country company town where the mill is now defunct. I guess we've got some really authentic country cooking. You know, the kind that'll give you a coronary by the time you're thirty, and guarantee you weigh about 400 pounds in the process. <.<;

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:24 PM #55 of 61
Originally Posted by Avalokiteshvara
Muck, that first picture looks like intestines on top of french fries. =(
More like fresh cheese curds and gravy! You've obviously never seen intestines, because that looks nothing like them...

FELIPE NO

starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:17 PM #56 of 61
I live in Syracuse, NY, and our specialty food is...salt potatoes. Kind of boring, but I do like them a lot. Chicken wings are a pretty big deal here, too, but I rarely eat them.

Dinosaur BBQ is pretty great, too, though there are two more of them - one in Rochester, NY and one in NYC.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:23 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 04:23 PM #57 of 61
Canterbury has, like, nine or ten fish-and-chips places. Same goes for Bath. And the rest of Britain. Whenever I'm actually at home (France), the nearest town has some killer oysters on market days, though. I fucking LOVE oysters.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Oric
Syklis Green

Member 1787

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:18 PM #58 of 61
Originally Posted by Fatt
I really like Giordannos
You are a good person. Giordano's kicks ass. I had a big stuffed crust Hawai'ian pizza while I was in Chicago, and it was damn near the best pizza I ever had.

As to local specialties. The city where I was born, Owensboro, Kentucky, calls itself BBQ Capital of the World. I don't know if that's the truth, but Moonlite BBQ is about the best BBQ restaurant I've been to. Where I live now, Georgetown, Kentucky, is the town where bourbon whiskey was invented. But none of it is made here now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 12:50 AM #59 of 61
Originally Posted by starslight
I live in Syracuse, NY, and our specialty food is...salt potatoes. Kind of boring, but I do like them a lot. Chicken wings are a pretty big deal here, too, but I rarely eat them.

Dinosaur BBQ is pretty great, too, though there are two more of them - one in Rochester, NY and one in NYC.
I live in Rochester. Go to the Dinosaur on occasion. Good stuff.

As far as I know, Rochester is most famous for Garbage Plate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_plate

It is just a pile of goodness. Pretty much you get your choice of the main dish, 2 burgers, hots, fish, etc. (its all in Wikipedia) with two sides. Get onions on top and then the best part. Four or five ladlefuls of Nicks hot sauce. Good stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 11:08 PM #60 of 61
Up until...uh, a couple of days ago, I've lived in the Quad-Cities.

In spite of having four times more cities than most...cities, I can't really think of any regional specialties. There's a restaurant called Ross's, which serves a rather fascinating food item called the Magic Mountain. It's basically a huge pile of toast, meat, fries, and cheese...if it had eggs, it would be like every item that Denny's serves, but it doesn't, so it's special! It's quite impressive in scale...I tried one once, and I couldn't finish half of it, though that might not mean too much because I have a tiny stomach. The Hungry Hobo chain of fast food places is all over the place in the Quad-Cities, but hasn't spread anywhere else. It's sort of like Subway, except that they serve baked potatoes too. Their sandwiches are kind of lame, to be honest...not really on par with Subway, and a long ways behind Quiznos. They are cheap, though.

As a side note, everyone in the area is apparently obsessed with barbecue, because there are lots of BBQ places of varying quality in the area. There are tons of farmer's markets, too, as you might expect in Iowa!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:59 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 12:29 PM #61 of 61
The only thing that my small commuity has is a take-out joint, which has the fried chicken, fries, and burgers. not bad though...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > What food does your home town specialize in?