Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Grindhouse

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:00 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 06:00 PM #26 of 35
Is there a lot of nudity in Grindhouse? Like a lot of sex?
Lots of innuendo and ... quasi-sex. Also a melting penis.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:02 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 06:02 PM #27 of 35
Like inappropriate to the point where it stands out? Like an uncomfortable if you went to see with your parents or does it fit in with context and add to the movie?

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:11 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 06:11 PM #28 of 35
You do realize the movie's Rated R, right?

There's no dirty sex scene outside of bare breasts and one in Planet Terror that only shows bare hips and the grinding of an upper torso.

PROTIP: Don't see it with uppity parents.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:23 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 10:23 PM #29 of 35
My parents would croak. They deserve better.

However, for my money there is little in the world of cinema that has provided the amount of entertainment that Planet Terror and Death Proof have provided. Its a brilliant take on a nearly forgotten genre.

Its so unfortunate that the creative premise of the film isn't being respected by more viewers.

I was speaking idiomatically.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:36 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 08:36 PM #30 of 35
I'm going to see it for the second time this weekend with a bunch of dudes, should be uproarious. As for my parents, definately never thought they would go and see it, but as I was heading home from a friends house one night, my parents call me and say they wont be home, and that they went to Grindhouse... so go figure.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 01:27 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 01:27 AM #31 of 35
I can see where it would be fun to watch a plain, B movie slasher flick turn into a victim's revenge flick. And that's fine. Probably even a good idea.

...IF the slasher flick is crap in the first place. But I know that Quentin can make just about any type of film interesting. My direct problem lies with the fact that I saw a genre-breaking slasher masterpiece forming in Death Proof and expected Quentin's artistry to only build and build. So when we get the role reversal, I'm not giddy at the turn-around, I'm just completely let down that we are not given the brilliant slasher flick that I felt was promised in the first half. Had he made a fairly pedestrian slasher movie up til then (AND had we not been given 9 hours of blabber), I would have been just as amused at the flip as everyone that liked it.

FELIPE NO
hodgepodge011
Banned

Member 21996

Level 2.12

Apr 2007

Old Apr 17, 2007, 01:55 AM #32 of 35
that movie was awesome!1!

really confusing but really cool

Additional Spam:
how could u be bored with the talking in Death Proof

it made it really creepy

Additional Spam:
i agree
not a movie to take the whole fam to

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by hodgepodge011; Apr 17, 2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Apr 17, 2007, 05:59 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 05:59 PM #33 of 35
The dialogue in Death Proof was definitely a downer. A few of the actresses really annoyed me. As the story progressed, I found myself looking forward to their demise...this was one twist that didn't impress me.

I was disappointed with Death Proof, especially after witnessing how awesome Planet Terror was beforehand. The movie wasn't scary. There was no definite sense of suspenseful buildup...and almost no release because of it. It was good, but I expected more out of Tarantino.

I was extremely surprised, amused and amazed by Rodriguez directorial contribution to Grindhouse.

The one good thing about the film not doing well in the Box Office, is that it will be out on DVD very soon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:22 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 10:22 PM #34 of 35
Spoiler:
I agree that a lot of the talking in Death Proof just didn't work. There were some good lines thrown in there, but unlike Pulp Fiction, there weren't any memorable scenes in between the talking. For example, Samuel and Travolta would be chatting before retrieving the briefcase, then they'd do it, and it was awesome. They'd then resume their conversation afterwards on the car, and later in the diner just like any pair of good buddies would. Here, the movie starts with talking, then goes on with more talking, until finally something happens, but that's like 45 minutes later. The movie just suffers from some really bad pacing.

Much of the whole first whole section could have been done without. Kurt Russell really saved that movie from being a complete disaster, as he steals every scene that he's in. QT's cameo in his own film was disappointing, considering that he had a pretty good scene in Planet Terror.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Grindhouse