Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Alcoholics Anonymous

Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:56 PM #1 of 30
Alcoholics Anonymous

Drinking can be considered a hobby these days, considering how many enjoy fine times with them, whether it's drinking with the family or a typical college party. Do you drink? Despise it? Favorite drinks? Beer or Liquor? There are so many questions about alcohol it's really not worth asking them all, since this topic's better driven by the individual's perceptions.

Personally, I only started drinking around a year ago when I was 18, and back then it was only liquor (rum, specifically, at the time). I simply hated the taste of beer. Eventually I would move on to some heavier stuff (straight shots of 151 are painful), and get sick of it, literally. Now it's all about beer, my favorites being Guinness, Killians, and Labatt Blue.

I enjoy a good drink fairly often, but not enough that I'm dependent or an alcoholic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:35 AM #2 of 30
I'm not an alcoholic per se. I don't mind having a pint with a friend once in a while, or drinking at parties. Just a bit, not getting piss drunk or anything. At least not anymore. I don't drink by myself, either, so you may call it a social thing.

I'm not really into strong alcohols, though I don't mind the occasional vodka mixed with orange juice. I'm more into beer, with a preference for Guiness, Leffe and Hoegaarden.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:44 PM #3 of 30
I'm not an alcoholic but it has been a reoccurance in my family over the past few generations :/ I begane drinking at about 15 but it was very infrequent, like whenever my parents left town and my older brother would have a party, he buy me and a friend of mine a few drinks and we'd drink those. I didn't get into social drinking until this year when I turned 18.

I enjoy drinking when I'm out with my friends, at a hockey game, at parties, things like that, very casual. I've been drunk before but I've never been so bad that I've passed out, thrown up, or forgotten the entire evening.

I have a very large sweet tooth and as a result I'mnot a huge fan of any drink that's bitter. I like coolers and fruity, girly drinks. I'll have the occasional beer every now and then but if there's a choice I'll usually go for the sweeter drink.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Baaah~
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:00 PM #4 of 30
an alcoholic is one who denies they drink... I do not deny it... and I do well to partake in my drink and partake in it as seriously as possible ^_~

But to answer the question(s)
Favorite drink: Guinness... I have it on tap (when I can afford the $200 for a keg) most of the time. When I don't have that then I tend to venture into my bar area for some mixed drinks or peruse the wine rack for something brought over by my brother in Germany. ^_^
When I am able to get my hands on it though... there is a nice German beer that I tend to take even over Guinness... a nice rauchbier... smoked beer. It's an interesting beer that has a smell and aftertaste of a smoked ham... was one of the most interesting things I've ever tried and loved it while in Berlin.

Beer or liquor: I'll take the beer almost any day... then again it depends on how much I need to unwind from a day too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:05 PM #5 of 30
Originally Posted by Niekon
an alcoholic is one who denies they drink...
actually, they deny they have an addiction, not the fact that they drink at all. Besides, denying the problem isn't something that will classify someone as an alcoholic, it's just something that alcoholics usually do.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Baaah~
Elcee
Self Imposed Bannishment

Member 1350

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:17 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:17 PM #6 of 30
I'm an occasional drinker. I like to pahtay. I get a little freaky. I tend to do it in the comfort of my own home. When I was living with my college room mates, I would typically roll out of bed, walk downstairs to the kitchen for a Pom Wonderful and find myself in the middle of a raving scene of music and women. I thoroughly enjoyed calling the shots and taking my picks of everything, being that it was my place.

When I'm drunk I laugh my ass off, which I do normally I think. Then I fall asleep.

Choice: Chocolate Liquer

Most amazing jew boots
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:22 PM #7 of 30
For beers, I tend to drink microbrews or imports with a preference for stouts. A growing favorite of mine is Dogfish Head, made and bottled locally. They have a rather nice 60 minute IPA.

Gin, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey. Occasionally, a decent XO brandy. I keep a bottle of Vodka in the freezer and a couple of bottles of vermouth (sweet and dry) for mixing. A nice aged single malt Islay Scotch is something to really be savored.

Wine--you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a good bottle of wine. I like to experiment and diversify, keeping a decent collection of whites and reds on hand.

When I do go out, I stick to beer and mixed drinks. I don't really do shots--not such a fan. I want something I can take my time over and get a mild buzz or work up an appetite with.

FELIPE NO
Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:10 AM #8 of 30
I'm definately not an alcoholic! I only drink when I'm going out with some friends to the pub (or some kind of club, a rock club of course!), or when I'm at a party. Nowadays I like Beeeeer!
Lets seee, I like Carlsberg Export, and Budweiser, oh and I like Grolsh too. I'll drink Stella (piss water) if there's nothing better though! Oh and if I really want to get wasted I'll have some Carlsberg Special Brew! Whey mate!

I used to like Red wine, but then I drank a whole bottle of it very quickly and was very ill. The very smell of it makes me feel ill now. Stupid brain!!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"HiiiisssssssssSSSSS" - Madagascan Hissing Cockroach
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:35 PM #9 of 30
I'm 19 and I've tried drinking. My family has a history of alcoholism, and I don't drink anything besides water (with a glass of juice each morning and the rare glass of milk) anyways. The idea of losing all my inhibitions, making a fool out of myself, then waking up the next morning sick doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not saying I'll never drink, but I'm definitely not in any rush to start.

- WraithTwo -

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:40 PM #10 of 30
I rarely drink, but I really dont mind when others do. Too often people do it because there bored.

I prefer it in social situations instead of just sitting alone on the couch with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:50 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:50 AM #11 of 30
I am 21 and I started drinking when I was 20. I enjoy the party once in a while. But I don't drink often.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:05 AM #12 of 30
Ooooh boy... I've been drinking for a loooooong time. I don't deny it that I'm a drunk; and a happy one, at that.

I'm a celebratory person by nature and I celebrate with lots and lots of alcohol. I would say that I drink about a 4-6 beers a day and I enjoy every one of them. Every once in a while (read: every fucking chance we get) I go all out and get drunk with my friends and a good time is had by all.

Hangovers are common for me and the best way to cure them is with another beer. Sure there's a few times when I'm partying with my friends when we go get something to eat to relieve our hangovers; such as pho, menudo, etc. There's a certain bonding experience that goes along with hanging out with your friends, the "survivors".

Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:13 AM #13 of 30
I took my first sip of hard liquor at the age of 12. I had some friends spending the night at my parent's house, and they dared me to take a swig of the rum that my mom stored in the liquor cabinet. Curious as any youth, I obliged and I liked it. A lot. Through my middle and high school days, I drank and did the partying nonsense much too frequently. Luckily, I started to get my head on straight during my senior year... I actually cared about getting good grades and started really thinking about my future. I stil drank alcohol sporadically, but it was not every weekend like it had been for years.

I took my last drink of alcohol a week after my 22nd birthday more than 3 years ago. I don't plan on ever drinking (or smoking for that matter) again. I'm a bit of a mean drunk, so it is good I stopped. Furthermore, Alcoholism is a disease in my family and I will do everything I can to avoid it. I am much more health conscious these days, and I exercise frequently and eat right (mostly, Wendy's will always be my weakness).

Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:59 PM #14 of 30
Alcohol

I'm looking for a good, cheap, plentiful alcohol to buy with my 25$.

Can anyone recommend something?

JD? Soco? Captain?

I just need something that can get a few of us pretty drunk and still ahve leftovers

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:01 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:01 AM #15 of 30
(threads merged)

How ya doing, buddy?
Aidan
Ouch!

Member 2726

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:11 PM #16 of 30
I haven't ever consumed alcohol, and I don't intend to either. I've seen/heard about too many problems, not to mention deaths to ever want to. And anyway, I can't think of a single reason why I should try it. This doesn't mean I'm against others drinking though - it's just something I know I don't want to experience.

quest2368
Hitman

Member 2540

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 06:22 PM #17 of 30
You can say that I drink socially and I enjoy getting buzzed with friends every once in a while. It's not my style to drink and get drunk. For liquor I'm into patron, four horsemen, and skyy vodka. Beer, I go for millerlite or budweiser. For malt drinks, I go for skyy blue.

Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 04:26 PM #18 of 30
Everything is good in moderation. Including alcohol. I think most doctors recommend you have a half a glass of wine everyday anyway. Good for the heart. Uhh red wine I think, not white.

I'm not an alcoholic... I can quit anytime I want too!!!!

Originally Posted by Aidan
I can't think of a single reason why I should try it.
Well, you might like it. Then again you might not. Sometime's in a life full of stress it's nice to kick back and blow off some steam with a few drinks.

Or better yet get drunk and then go insult a bar full of soldiers. Ahh good times.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:27 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:27 PM #19 of 30
Originally Posted by Watts
Everything is good in moderation. Including alcohol. I think most doctors recommend you have a half a glass of wine everyday anyway. Good for the heart. Uhh red wine I think, not white.
Yes, it is red wine.

I drink very infrequently. If I eat dinner at a mexican place, I might get a marguerita, but not often. Back when I still did my laundry at my parents' house, if they had green apple smirnoffs in the fridge, I'd usually have one, since I liked the taste. This weekend I drank for first time in months when I had a glass of red wine and two glasses of some really strange marguerita that my friend mixed. I say strange because it included kiwi, cherry, lots of sugar, cheap marguerita mix, and a lot of tequila, because she just sort of started throwing stuff into the blender. It was surprisingly good though.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 06:40 PM #20 of 30
I don't drink that often, but I tend to go all out and get smashed whenever I do. I guess since I don't like beer I can't really socially drink at a bar and expect to get home in one piece. Most of the times my friends are fine with picking up beer and liquor and just having a night of cards and talk.

I've only had a drink alone three times, all of them to sip some Glenlivet, my newly favored poison. Fine liquor can't be taken in shots.

Sal
Surrounded by Roos

Member 1070

Level 7.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:40 AM #21 of 30
I suppose I used to be somewhat of an alcoholic in the making at one point (bottle of whiskey a day - but that only lasted about a week or so). There was constant drinking of Jack Daniels and so on but these days I just can't hack it. I hate/ hated going out drinking with my mates because they get pissed within 5 seconds of even smelling drink and then think everything's oh-so hilarious. Doesn't help living with an alcoholic either I suppose.

I tend to drink whatever's put in front of me so last night's 8 pints of beer + bottle of wine didn't go down so well. Came up again quite well though.

Bottle of wine, a few beers or a couple of bottles of Dog (Brown Ale) is all I care for these days. It's all I can manage.

quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:51 PM #22 of 30
I go by the principle that as long as you're in college, you can't be an alcoholic. Most of my drinking takes place at one of our frats in the form of Natural Light, the cheapest beer around.

Beers I find myself buying a lot are Guinness, Dogfish Head, Stella Artois, and various beers from the Wild Goose brewery in Maryland. When it comes to hard liquor, I like pretty much everything except gin. For some reason I can't stand it unless it's mixed.

Quote:
For beers, I tend to drink microbrews or imports with a preference for stouts. A growing favorite of mine is Dogfish Head, made and bottled locally. They have a rather nice 60 minute IPA.
I just bought a pack of this recently and am glad I did.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:30 PM #23 of 30
I fear that I am going to be alcoholic when I turn 21. I do enjoy getting drunk when I can. If I had the opportunity to do it nightly, I probably would. It kind of sucks, but daily life is generally too sad for me to stomach without some way to take the edge off. Preferable methos include oxycontin or other opiate derivatives, diazepam, or alcohol.

Alcohol is the cheapest and easiest to obtain.

FELIPE NO
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:36 PM #24 of 30
Well, alcoholism is part of the job for me... But yeah, I enjoy a good drink, a couple of times a day (it's always 5pm somewhere in the world) if I'm not flying.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:31 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 02:31 PM #25 of 30
Originally Posted by Megalith Beast
I'm definately not an alcoholic! I only drink when I'm going out with some friends to the pub (or some kind of club, a rock club of course!), or when I'm at a party. Nowadays I like Beeeeer!
Lets seee, I like Carlsberg Export, and Budweiser, oh and I like Grolsh too. I'll drink Stella (piss water) if there's nothing better though! Oh and if I really want to get wasted I'll have some Carlsberg Special Brew! Whey mate!

I used to like Red wine, but then I drank a whole bottle of it very quickly and was very ill. The very smell of it makes me feel ill now. Stupid brain!!
You absolute weirdo. Budweiser is one of the worst drinks ever crafted by humankind whereas Stella is God's gift to the drinking man. Kids these days are such suckers for advertising...

I drink about as much as anyone else really. I don't go out during the week as much as I used to, I normally save it for the weekend now.

My lager of choice is Stella although there aren't many I won't drink. My tastes in drink change from week to week though. Last week on my birthday I drank getting on for a bottle of gin in various pubs around town. Millers Westbourne Strength is a very nice gin, as is Seagrams Lime Twist. I'm a big vodka fan too. The only mixer I'd ever really put with vodka is tomato juice for a Bloody Mary in which case, the quality of vodka doesn't really matter (Although I'd still avoid Smirnoff red label). Drunk straight, Smirnoff Norsk is nice as is Luksosowa. A Tatanka (Zuborowa vodka and apple juice) is a great refreshing drink too.

I'm not a huge fan of rum although the odd Bundaberg and coke is ok. Bourbon wise I'd say Knob Creek gets my vote. I've no real preference of whisky or whiskey.

I will drink pretty much anything that's put in front of me though.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Alcoholics Anonymous