Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

UMD Gamer Symphony Orchestra - FREE May 13th performance! (College Park, MD)

vefire
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7847

Level 2.12

Jun 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 06:46 PM #1 of 14
UMD Gamer Symphony Orchestra - FREE May 13th performance! (College Park, MD)

The University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra will hold its Spring Concert on Tuesday May 13th at 7:30PM. It will be held at the Kay Theater in the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center on the UMD campus. Admittance is FREE for everyone!

Who: The University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra
What: Our Spring Concert Featuring Pieces from Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Portal, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Metal Gear Solid, and more!
When: Tuesday, May 13th 7:30-9:30PM (doors open at 7PM)
Where: Kay Theater, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland College Park
Cost: NONE! FREE FOR EVERYONE!

Even if you can't attend, please let anyone know who you think might be interested!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 07:39 PM #2 of 14
I'm pretty sure I did an arrangement for you guys that you never played >=[ It's ok though, since my orchestra performed it instead =p

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 03:10 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 01:10 PM #3 of 14
Awws yeah, I'll be attending this... looking forward to it. Then probably some ballin' at the CERC afterwards with my new alum-discounted membership.

I wonder if any other GFFMD/DC/VA'ers are coming.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 07:59 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 04:59 PM #4 of 14
What songs are being performed on the 13th?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 08:10 PM #5 of 14
Sounds cool...I'm alumni, so maybe I'll use it as an excuse to come down and see the place again. That is, if I can get off work...(ha! But you never know.)

Good luck in any case. Just let us know further in advance next time, especially for a weekday event!

I was speaking idiomatically.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
vefire
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7847

Level 2.12

Jun 2006

Old May 9, 2008, 11:09 AM #6 of 14
Hey everyone ~
Sorry we didn't get to play your arrangement, Traumatized Rat. Not all the arrangements make the cut for the final concert.

We will be performing the following songs:
Tender Secrets (Secret of Mana) - I think it includes the title theme and not sure what else since I didn't arrange it and I'm not too familiar with the game
Final Fantasy Tactics
Legend of Trogdor
One Winged Angel from FF7 with orchestra and choir
ChronoTrigger/Cross medley
Metal Gear Solid Medley
Donkey Country 2 Medley
Hall of Champions from Unreal Tournament
Sonic
Still Alive from Portal with orchestra, chorus and soloist
Old School Legend of Zelda Hyrule theme

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 11:27 AM 3 #7 of 14
If naz is going I might as well show up too. Kaleb you coming?

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Moguta
Tentacle Extraordinaire

Member 15679

Level 12.01

Nov 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 11:38 PM #8 of 14
I may try to make an appearance at this shindig.

How ya doing, buddy?

Good morning, post-apocalyptia!
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2008, 12:25 AM Local time: May 12, 2008, 09:25 PM #9 of 14
Any other day I would, but I have a work meeting and a dinner appointment right around that time. Shame, as the track list looks good. At least by missing this I get to hear One-Winged Angel one less time.

The funny thing is that I was just at the University a few weeks ago for the Shadowmoor pre-release. Go Terrapins!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2008, 01:46 AM #10 of 14
Hopefully you can do this again...say in um, November so I might be able to attend.

Looks cool!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2008, 12:26 PM Local time: May 13, 2008, 10:26 AM #11 of 14
Nice. If I see you there, I'll be sure to punch you or something to that effect. Later, breda man.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 09:41 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 07:41 PM #12 of 14
Awesome awesome show, albeit a rough start, but glad that didn't set the tone for the entire evening. The UT2K4 song and Chrono medley were a lil money, but "The Legend of Trogdor" was the most brilliant thing in the history of man. "Still Alive" was epicly done as well.

I was surprised to see the theater as packed as it was, so congrats to UMGSO for drawing that kind of crowd. I also have to call out a fun LOL in the evening in how the "guest conductor" (Matt, I think?) spent like 5 minutes looking for the score for "Old School Hyrule" and didn't even use it (he never flipped a page at all ). Whatever... good show good show.

Lastly, I forgot a had a a camera on me, so illegal picture during "Still Alive."

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 11:24 PM #13 of 14
Anyone intend to write a review of this? I'd love to cover it at my site (Square Enix Music Online :: Definitive Information, Downloads, News, and Reviews for Square Enix, Nintendo, Konami, and Basiscape Music). Great to hear such a cool event took place.

I was speaking idiomatically.
vefire

Member 7847

Level 2.12

Jun 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 11:54 AM #14 of 14
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for all those who came out and supported us, and even those who couldn't make it - thanks for your support in spirit! The event was a milestone in GSO's history - our first performance in the CSPAC. We plan to perform our next concert sometime in early December - the date hasn't been set yet. Matt, the conducting intern actually couldn't find his score in the binder and nobody knew until after the concert that he didn't really find the score when he said he had...he did it all from memory - not bad for someone who has no conducting experience and only rehearsed with us 3 times. Hopefully we will have some photos and videos up next week on you tube and our website Gamer Symphony Orchestra - Home. It would be awesome if someone wrote a review for us! If you need to contact us directly, please email umdgso@gmail.com. Once again, thanks for everyone who came out to support us and we look forward to seeing you at the next concert!!!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > UMD Gamer Symphony Orchestra - FREE May 13th performance! (College Park, MD)