Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Mazedude's "American Album Special Edition"

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 06:54 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 01:54 PM #1 of 2
Mazedude's "American Album Special Edition"

Link.

Quote:
So why release a Special Edition?

Well, here's the story. I had recently completed "The American Album," with a good deal of success, recognition, and appreciation. The composers I tributed were sending their compliments, the fans were happy, and I was pleased in that I had finally reached my goal of creating the first ever tribute to the American Composers.

Then talk began of another version of the album. Perhaps a Volume 1.5, with just a few new tracks, so that it could be sold... Perhaps a whole new album, tributing the composers I missed the first time around... Perhaps a more open remix project, where I would oversee the thing, but include several other musicians in the remixing process... and so on. They were all good ideas in their own regard, and still undecided as to what to do, I began writing again.

But then, I had second thoughts. Not only did I have much less time to work on music, but I wasn't really diggin' my new mixes. They just didn't have the same spirit as the first batch. I felt like I was just churning out a sequel, without the heart and ambition that started me off on the whole project. After all, I had already done what I set out to do, right? I set out to make a one-of-a-kind tribute, and I had done so. Why do it again?

But, so as not to waste what I had made, I decided to do what everyone seems to do with DVDs these days - release a Special Edition! The idea in itself was a little silly, but it did offer me a chance to release the new work, complete with Bonus Material (and re-release of all the mixes in lossless audio formats).

All in all, I'm rather tired of working on massive remix projects. I'd really like to just finish this puppy, wash my hands of the whole thing, and go back to releasing one mix at a time, just for fun, whatever I feel like writing. And so I release the Special Edition. I hope you enjoy it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:18 PM #2 of 2
Thanks for posting this up, Grawl. Downloading now.

I liked The American Album's remixes mostly, but hated the overall patriotic theme. I would have much preferred it to be a Western game music tribute in general, but when it's run by someone like Mazedude, I guess it's understandable.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Mazedude's "American Album Special Edition"