Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 02:14 AM #751 of 826
My assumption had always been that Peter causes the explosion in an attempt to kill Sylar. In an act of desperation he decides that the sacrifice of thousands of New Yorkers is worth ensuring that Sylar is destroyed. That's not to say that's even close to what happens, but it seems unlikely that Peter would frame Sylar for the explosion.
Dammit, they're going to pull some crap like, "Hiro caused the change, and since he must've been aware of it, he couldn't be affected by it." So let's examine that.

The instant Hiro makes the change, his timeline branches off. Another iteration of Hiro must exist our main time line (this is present Hiro). He does not become bastard future Hiro; they are completely separate entities. So where is the real future Hiro? Maybe he exists--the question is, does the timeline in the loft ("string theory") reflect the changes? We assume that it does, because it's just been sitting there in the future. Someone must've made it that way, that person being the real Hiro.

OMG, I'm just spit-balling now, could the reason that nothing crazy happened when Hiro met himself be that it wasn't himself but bastard future Hiro? Then even though bastard future Hiro is dead, future Hiro is still alive! HOLY SHIT! Jesus, that makes his death incredibly appropriate.

All right, screw my other theory, this one is way better (including your thoughts on Peter).

It seems like seeing the future in vision and painting the future are distinctly different, though. I could be wrong, but it seems separate to me.
I didn't think of that, excellent point. It would be so badass if Mama Petrelli could actually see the future.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Will; May 11, 2007 at 02:30 AM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 04:31 AM #752 of 826
Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
Didn't his protection program consist of the people he'd actually turned over to the government, i.e., the people with dangerous abilities?
I'm pretty sure that he did that to keep the government off his back, but he was also hiding others from the government too. There's no way Future Hiro would've turned people over to Bennet if they were just being given to the government.

Originally Posted by Sousuke
Well... The people on the list that Future Hiro gave Bennet were all dead. We don't know about Molly, but D.L. and Candace both had to be dead since Sylar had their powers. But yes, she WAS on the list.
Yeah, the people Future Hiro gave to Bennet obviously didn't last long, but the point is that Molly was still alive at least for awhile after the explosion, and Bennet knew her ability. So we already know that Bennet and Parkman won't kill her just because she can be used as a tracking system.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Menzoberranzan
Chocobo

Member 1470

Level 12.83

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:06 AM Local time: May 12, 2007, 03:06 PM #753 of 826
What makes things a bit weird in this type of time travelling is that when Present Hero went to the Future, the Future was of a different time line that seemed to be unaffected by what the Present's course was. If they were directly connected wouldn' Future Hiro be anticipating the arrival of Present Hiro since he once was Present Hiro and went to the future?

Its just weird or maybe I've been watching too many Star Trek time paradox situations.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:31 AM #754 of 826
No, it was affected, with the exception of future Hiro. Claire was alive, Peter was the bomb, etc. Future Hiro was from a different timeline; he was never visited by himself. The sad fact for future Hiro is that you can't change your past. Technically he could've found the other future Hiro, killed him, and taken his place...but he was killed instead. And I think it's moot anyway, because the instant Hiro returned from the future, even that timeline was cut off.

At this point I doubt they'll ever feel the need to explain though. It'll never make perfect sense.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Will; May 12, 2007 at 12:34 AM.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 01:36 PM Local time: May 14, 2007, 11:36 AM #755 of 826
Well I had an interesting wake up call this morning.

I hear the phone ringing and it wakes me up. I get up to answer it and I hear Nathan's voice. Nathan's campaign called me asking to vote for him and go to his website. I thought I was having a dream still or something. >_>

Sometimes this 360 thing catches me by surprise.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stuff goes here~
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 01:51 PM #756 of 826
He didn't try to get you to buy Windows Vista, did he?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:13 PM Local time: May 14, 2007, 08:13 PM #757 of 826
I meant to point this out after the last episode because it's fun to say, but Hiro had a dagger (sorta).

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:31 PM Local time: May 14, 2007, 09:31 PM #758 of 826
This is the only show this season where I can honestly say that each episode gets better & better. Tonight's episode contained many important events & revelations. They didn't just jerk us around (like Lost): things happened:

Spoiler:

Like: evil Bennett groupie killed, nuclear man killed, Linderman killed... That's three major characters killed just in one night.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:20 AM Local time: May 14, 2007, 11:20 PM #759 of 826
Great episode.

Spoiler:
I'm kinda sad to see Ted go like that, just like Isaac did. At least they didn't introduce a new character and kill em off in the same episode, haha.
Props to D.L. for killing Linderman!

I'd love to see them show at least a glimpse of what Kaito or Angela can do, but not really necessary.

I'm still kind of worried about what they can achieve in the season finale. I was hoping they'd have longer airtime, but it's probably the same length as usual.
Are they going to end it with a conclusion of some sort or leave us with a huge painful cliffhanger?

FELIPE NO
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 01:16 AM Local time: May 14, 2007, 10:16 PM #760 of 826
Agreed. Good ep.

Spoiler:
I wasn't really before, but now I'm really interested in Candace's (shapeshifter/power of illusion) background. She revealed that what she "actually" looks like isn't what she ACTUALLY looks like. I think she mentioned that she was picked on or something and that all people do is fight each other. I'm thinking maybe she was ugly or fat or disfigured before she realized her power, and now uses her power to look "normal". I'd like to know more about her, but unfortunately there's one more episode left, and I highly doubt they'll use up some of it to reveal Candace's past.

Also, it looks like she might turn out to be a good guy, since she won't be taking orders from Thompson anymore, AND her reaction to Micah getting weak from altering the polls. Looks like she actually cares for the little dude. Hey, maybe we'll see her in season 2?

Ahh! I'm really excited for the finale! I think there's gonna be some major twists in the last episode. And yes, I think there will be a cliffhanger that will connect to season 2. Which will, of course, drive us all crazy during the show's hiatus.

Side note: Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Hiro learned how to use the sword in such a short time? I theorized that he would actually go back in time to master the sword from that samurai he read about as a kid, and then return to his time without actually losing any time, but that theory was debunked in this episode. I also think that Ando is going to get himself killed, and Hiro won't be able to stop it.

Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 07:35 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 01:35 PM #761 of 826
Agreed. Good ep.

Spoiler:
I wasn't really before, but now I'm really interested in Candace's (shapeshifter/power of illusion) background. She revealed that what she "actually" looks like isn't what she ACTUALLY looks like. I think she mentioned that she was picked on or something and that all people do is fight each other. I'm thinking maybe she was ugly or fat or disfigured before she realized her power, and now uses her power to look "normal". I'd like to know more about her, but unfortunately there's one more episode left, and I highly doubt they'll use up some of it to reveal Candace's past.
Spoiler:
There's always the possibility that Sylar gets to her. If Sylar kills her she'll most likely revert to her true form.

Spoiler:

Side note: Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Hiro learned how to use the sword in such a short time? I theorized that he would actually go back in time to master the sword from that samurai he read about as a kid, and then return to his time without actually losing any time, but that theory was debunked in this episode. I also think that Ando is going to get himself killed, and Hiro won't be able to stop it.
Spoiler:

I think Hiro's father represents the "dragon" in the kensei story. His power may be that he can teach others to learn his skills and/or aquire his knowledge extremely fast. There's also the possibility that he can control time, like Hiro, and manipulated it in some way so that an eternity went by in a very short time.

Last edited by Sword Familiar; May 15, 2007 at 07:42 AM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 09:49 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 07:49 AM #762 of 826
Spoiler:
Yeah, I kinda was thinking that Hiro was controlling time ("paused" it) while training, sorta like the Dragon Ball Z training in an alternate dimension where several years pass in the matter of minutes.

Yeah... ;_; But then Hiro came out and Ando was gone. Dagger. Or maybe even Sword.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 09:21 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 08:21 PM #763 of 826
Quote:
*NBC “bulks up” with 30 combined episodes of "Heroes" and “Heroes: Origins,” an innovative new spin-off that each week will introduce a new character -- one of whom will be chosen by viewers through the “Heroes” website on NBC.com to become a cast regular the following season.
official press release link

Basically, 6 new (standalone) episodes during the season hiatus.
Each will feature the background of a person with special abilities (whom aren't directly related to the main storyline) and we'll be able to vote for which we want to appear in the next season, American Idol style.

The "30 eps" is probably season 2 + origins.

Last edited by makura; May 15, 2007 at 09:29 PM.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 05:21 AM Local time: May 16, 2007, 02:21 AM #764 of 826
Theory.

Spoiler:
No one really knows what Niki's power exactly is yet but it's been hypothesized that she can channel dead heroes. Perhaps it's just her sister, maybe not. If that theory has any weight to it, and she's in a room with a dead healer, this might not be the end of Linderman?

Then again, her power may only be dead sibling schizophrenia super strength.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 08:06 AM #765 of 826
Interesting episode, but there were a few flaws in it.

Spoiler:
Like how the hell did Peter hear Sylar's thoughts when there were hundreds of people walking there. And of course the fact that Hiro managed to learn everything there was in a short amount of time.

But what really bothers me, is:

Spoiler:
Linderman dead already? that's so stupid. That guy has so much potential to put in the series and they kill him off already? I quite frankly don't give a shit about DL or Ted, but this guy...this can't be it.

He better be able to heal himself the same way he can heal others. There's so much more we need to know about him and his plans for this to be it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 11:43 AM #766 of 826
That was the thing though...

Spoiler:
Linderman's healing power seemed to be much more of an 'active' thing. He had to actually 'use' his power to make it work. As opposed to Claire's regeneration power which occurs on its own. So then... Is Linderman actually dead, or is he able to heal himself?

Also, I love the part when...

Spoiler:
Bennet just SHOT Thompson twice straight up. I never liked that guy, and Bennet took good care of him.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 12:24 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 10:24 AM #767 of 826
Spoiler:

I was under the impression that Hiro took swordfighting or kendo lessons as a kid, which would explain (partially) his proficiency. Was I just imagining it?

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 12:32 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 12:32 PM #768 of 826
Spoiler:
Side note: Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Hiro learned how to use the sword in such a short time?
Spoiler:
Like Xellos, That was actually part and parcel of what bothered me about this episode. It seems like they just realized they have a limited number of episodes this season, and they're trying to wrap everything up in a nice little bow in the span of 3 eps.

I guess you could just attribute it to the "finale" atmosphere, but I felt kinda frustrated that there were so many characters that seemed ultimately to be just red herrings in the master plan.

dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 07:29 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 04:29 PM #769 of 826
Spoiler:
I like the idea that time could've been manipulated during the whole sword training thing, but wouldn't the writers make it more obvious that time was altered if that was what happened? It looks to me like time passed normally during Hiro's training. If time had been altered, I think that when Hiro finished and asked where Ando was, the swordshop keeper would've said something like "Your friend? He's been gone for day/weeks" or something like that. 'Course, that wouldn't work with the city exploding real soon-like.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 12:44 AM Local time: May 16, 2007, 11:44 PM #770 of 826
Yeah, they're on a time constraint.

I think the previous episode #21.. they had to cut out a couple of scenes. There's some production photos of it, but never shown on air.
here
Hopefully they'll add it as extended bonuses on the DVDs, which I'm sure everyone will buy ;D

Additional Post

I find it interesting how the last time we saw the Haitian (in present timeline) was at Peter's apartment where Claire met her gramma.
It should be a cinch to stop Sylar or anyone else if he's around..

They have lots of explaining to do about his whereabouts!

BTW, start preordering .. Season 1 DVD set

Last edited by makura; May 18, 2007 at 02:33 AM.
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 05:32 PM Local time: May 18, 2007, 11:32 PM #771 of 826
I'm upset that people don't like the fact that Hiro learned to use the sword in about 30 minutes. With a dad likeCaptain Sulu anything's possible!!

"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 10:20 PM #772 of 826
I find it interesting how the last time we saw the Haitian (in present timeline) was at Peter's apartment where Claire met her gramma.
It should be a cinch to stop Sylar or anyone else if he's around..
Spoiler tags just to be safe

Spoiler:
Yeah I was wondering the same thing since he was obviously alive in that future timeline, so there had better be a very good explanation as to where he went if he doesn't play a role in stopping the explosion

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 12:58 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 11:58 PM #773 of 826
Spoiler tags just to be safe
Safe from what?
Sorry to get off topic, but I'm sick of the recent use of spoiler tags.

How is it a spoiler to talk about an episode that has already aired or to state facts like "The Haitian is missing" ?

Say that I was really paranoid about reading spoilers and I steer clear away from clicking them, then I wouldn't be able to hear what you guys had to say about episode 22.

So how will we distinguish between "spoilers" about an episode that already aired and actual spoilers or speculations of future episodes?

I could have easily slipped in an ACTUAL spoiler between the previous posts and you all would have clicked on it...

edit:
Alright, how about this.. at least label what your spoiler is about?:

[.spoiler=description]spoiler text[./spoiler]

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by makura; May 19, 2007 at 01:08 AM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 07:45 AM #774 of 826
There's simply been too many times in the past where I assumed what I was posting was common knowledge by that point and I'd get someone who'd come in and get their pants in a bunch screaming about how I ruined part of the game/show/etc. for them by posting what I did without spoiler markings. Thus I try to take extreme caution now when posting about this stuff.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 07:50 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 01:50 PM #775 of 826
I'm upset that people don't like the fact that Hiro learned to use the sword in about 30 minutes.
This episode was wack! Sylar is attacking the FBI truck and killing that guy on the "fastest way out of the city" when there was nobody around, it looked like some kind of abandoned place and suddenly, there's hell of a traffic jam. Linderman healing Nathan's wife was pretty stupid, too (who would have guessed...). Not a good episode, but I think the next ones will be better again.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes