Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

You eat how often?!

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:31 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 12:31 AM 1 #1 of 75
You eat how often?!

So, how many people out there actually stick to the whole "three square meals a day" routine? And (while I'm at it) what constitutes a "square meal" for you?

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:26 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 06:26 PM #2 of 75
I eat 5 times. Seriously.

5 times of a smaller amount to keep the energy up and running.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:30 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 08:30 PM #3 of 75
One meal a day -- dinner. It's easier on the wallet, gives me loads of free time, and I'm used to it by now =3 Makes the day so much nicer.

It's a big meal, but nothing freakish. If you look at what an average person of my size consumes in a full day's meals versus my own, I don't eat nearly as much. Maybe slightly over a third of what they'd eat in one day.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:49 PM #4 of 75
On a typical day I eat lunch, dinner, and some kind of nighttime snack. If I happen to be running really short on time I'll just grab a Coke or something for lunch, but that's pretty rare. I rarely eat breakfast since that would require waking up early enough before class, so it's difficult to skip lunch too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:54 PM #5 of 75
Three-a-day. Breakfast is a must, or i'll never survive my morning classes in school. Lunch isn't a big deal, maybe a cookie (they're big in our school) and some milk, and then a decent dinner. Maybe i'll have a snack in between lunch and dinner after school.

I was speaking idiomatically.
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:59 PM #6 of 75
Two meals a day for me. I usually have an early lunch (around 11 or so) and dinner, maybe around 8PM. I know it's not the best times to eat, but with work and everything, those are usually the only times I have.

I, do, love breakfast when I can get it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 09:51 PM #7 of 75
Pfff.. fuck 3 meals. I eat all the time, really. On a weekend like today, I'll wake up and have some breakfast, and then throughout the time between breakfast and lunch I'll have a few cookies here and there, maybe a handful of cereal.. I don't know why, but I never really seem full.

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 09:57 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 03:57 AM #8 of 75
I always eat at least one "square meal" a day. By that I mean that I eat a properly cooked meal, even if it's made from frozen stuff, or stuff out of a packet, which contains good sources of protein and carbs, with some preferably fresh vegetables. In between times I eat such things as fresh fruit, yoghurts, soup and sometimes less healthy snacks.

I like to eat scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast when I have the time, even though it's not the healthiest of things. Other than at breakfast or in the evening, I'm not in the mood for a "square meal", though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Soluzar; Feb 11, 2007 at 10:00 PM.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 01:19 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 12:19 AM #9 of 75
I eat when I have time, period. No such thing as a "square meal" unless I happen to be staying for a long period of time at my parents' house. Otherwise... breakfast, if I have it, is cold cereal. Lunch is a couple of sandwiches. Dinner is soup.

Lately my distinction between meals has become blurred since I've been waking up at around lunchtime, though, so... sometimes i only eat dinner.

How ya doing, buddy?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 01:38 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 11:38 PM #10 of 75
One meal a day -- dinner. It's easier on the wallet, gives me loads of free time, and I'm used to it by now =3 Makes the day so much nicer.

It's a big meal, but nothing freakish. If you look at what an average person of my size consumes in a full day's meals versus my own, I don't eat nearly as much. Maybe slightly over a third of what they'd eat in one day.
Replace the word "dinner" with "breakfast", and I'm exactly the same way. I eat breakfast for the energy to get through my lectures. Otherwise, I arrive for breakfast because that's the only decent meal the catering service for my college makes.

amoretignis
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 16593

Level 1.60

Dec 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 01:51 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 10:51 PM #11 of 75
Breakfast is my friend. Eating the morning allows me to get through the day. On a typical day, I eat only between 2 and 3. I would like to eat smaller meals more frequently but I'm so busy working during the day that it's not possible for me. Perhaps eating more often will be next year's resolution?

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:09 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 06:09 PM #12 of 75
I have breakfast, lunch and dinner. But I'm not so good at finishing my plate, 'cause I have a tendency to snack alot during the day, whether it be grapes, biscuits etc...

I don't think I would feel quite right if I didn't at least attempt to eat my three main meals.

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:39 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 01:39 AM #13 of 75
When do I eat? Whenever I happen to feel hungry, that's when. This is the best and more natural way to eat. Listen to your body and follow its hunger cues. It knows better than you do when it needs nutrition. When I do eat, I eat just enough to basic body maintenance, no more.

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Feb 12, 2007 at 03:42 AM.
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 04:35 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 02:35 AM #14 of 75
I'm like a starving disease, and the only cure is more cowbell food. I'm guess I have a ridiculous metabolism.

I eat about 2 cups of very fibrous cereal in the morning,
leftovers or 3 cups of oranges/peaches midday,
a hearty supper like pasta, meat and veggies (like 3 to 4 cups of food ),
and 3 cups again of the same cereal with 1 cup of energy shake.

In addition, I'll graze in between those meals if it's something that doesn't have any carbs. I'm insulin dependant, so I would have to give myself my needle for anything I eat with carbs. And, although, it seems like I'm on a tight regiment with my mealtimes, it's actually right on schedule with my hunger.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:47 AM #15 of 75
I generally only have two meals plus a snack or two. Today it'll likely be breakfast and dinner. Most of the week, though, it's lunch and dinner. I'm not much of a breakfast guy.

I try my best to get a variety of foods in to have a balanced meal. But due to the cafeteria not cooking vegetables the way I like, I end up eating lots of salads.

FELIPE NO
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:33 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 03:33 PM #16 of 75
Breakfast, dinner and maybe some snacks in between. I hardly ever eat lunch due to the fact that I usually wake up pretty late. I wish I could get a better routine, though, since I'd like to get in shape. Not that I'm in bad shape, but it wouldn't hurt if I lost a couple pounds...

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:33 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 09:33 AM #17 of 75
I have a fast metabolism, so I have to eat a bunch during the day. I have a Carnation Instant Breakfast for breakfast, 'cuz it's easy. Lunch is usually leftovers from dinner the night before, or sandwiches if there are no leftovers. Dinner is usually a full-on meal. In between I typically have two granola bars during a class to keep me going, and if I'm at home I'm always snacking on nachos or something to keep me going. I don't stay full for long.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:21 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 09:21 AM #18 of 75
I usually get in all three meals, even back in school. At least two are pretty filling meals too. I also snack a lot any other time, and since I don't sleep much, that's a lot of snacking! I guess I have a fast metabolism as well since I typically surprise people with how much I can eat; but I'm pretty fit too. =p

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Feb 12, 2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: so fast i forgot fast
lixiuguang
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19531

Level 1.47

Feb 2007

Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:33 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 11:33 PM #19 of 75
I eat it all. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Snack(x2). Lots of fruit and veggie is gooood.

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:46 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 05:46 PM #20 of 75
During the week I generally have two meals a day (lunch, dinner) with plenty of snacks in between. But at the weekend I only have 1 meal a day, this down to me getting up mid-afternoon every Saturday and Sunday. I still have plenty of snacks during the weekend so I never go hungry.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:12 PM #21 of 75
Up until recently, I never had time for breakfast, and skipped it entirely. Lunch is usually my biggest meal of the day (I eat out), then dinner consists of leftovers from whatever I cooked on the weekend. It's a habit I need to break, but I usually eat a snack before I go to bed. If I don't I'm starving when I wake up in the morning, and I don't have time to eat before I head off to work (1 1/2 hour commute).

Because I began eating lunch later, I've started drinking some orange juice and having a small snack in the morning when I get to work. It's not terribly healthy, but I couldn't make it to lunch without something on my stomach.

Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:30 PM #22 of 75
I have five full meals which are composed of a protein source accompanied by either complex carbs or healthy fats. Usually I'll throw in some fruit or greens. I also have a shake around my workout and a bedtime snack. At a lean 200 lbs and growing, I typically consume upwards of 4000 kcals a day.

Today will look something like this:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup (dry) of oatmeal, protein shake, berries
Brunch: can of tuna on two potato rolls, spinach
Workout: protein shake
Post-workout: 1/2 boboli with 1/2 lb lean beef and green peppers
Lunch: 1/2 lb beef with cheddar, fish oil, broccoli
Dinner: 4 scrambled eggs, fish oil
Bedtime: peanut butter and cottage cheese, protein shake, fish oil

My cholesterol is in the 130s, in case anyone was wondering.

Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:00 PM #23 of 75
For me it really comes and goes day by day. Some days I don't eat that much some days I just feel like I almost do nonstop eating. There's entire mornings where I've taken snacks from my friends through out class, grabed a donut between class, ate a decent sized lunch with a few guys and after all of that I still want to eat (although in my mind I think I'm overdoing it o_O).

Most of the time I tend to eat in smal amounts but frequently because my metabolism uses up the sugars rediculously quickly -_-

Most amazing jew boots
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:04 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 12:04 PM #24 of 75
I usually have a light breakfast in the morning followed by a light lunch while I'm at school. I don't have many breaks during my busier days at class, so I'm not able to have a balanced meal during some days. Dinner is typically the healthiest meal for me.

Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:42 PM #25 of 75
I eat roughly 5 times a day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks somewhere in the middle. My normal "meals" are fairly small portioned, also.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > You eat how often?!