Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

expired registration in a different state

Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:45 AM #1 of 10
expired registration in a different state

hey im driving a car with expired alabama registartion (with good insurance), in NYS. Im etting NY tags in 3 months, but in the meantime do you think im safe, like will an out of state cop bother with expired tags from another state. im 17 too and my dad said to say that im getting a new tag mailed rom my father...

i just want to know if i have to sweat every time i drive

Jam it back in, in the dark.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:50 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 07:50 AM #2 of 10
Why are you waiting three months to get NY tags? And yeah, I would expect that even if your tags are out of state, you may still get some attention from local cops. Well, how long have your tags been expired?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:52 AM #3 of 10
they expired in july

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:55 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 07:55 AM #4 of 10
Come September, you'll be pushing it with any excuses you try to make if you get questioned about it from an officer.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:06 AM #5 of 10
Originally Posted by Bredow
hey im driving a car with expired alabama registartion (with good insurance), in NYS. Im etting NY tags in 3 months, but in the meantime do you think im safe, like will an out of state cop bother with expired tags from another state. im 17 too and my dad said to say that im getting a new tag mailed rom my father...

i just want to know if i have to sweat every time i drive
Speaking from personal experience, you really ought to get all your paperwork up to date when driving. I don't know what the New York laws are regarding expired tags from out of state, but I am pretty sure they won't care if you're out of state or not.

When you drive, you really ought to have everything up to date and ready to rock and roll if you get pulled over.

Worst that could happen, they could impound the car, I believe, until you get the renewed registration. The least that could happen is that they don't bother with you. The LIKELY outcome if you get nailed is that they'll cite you or give you a warning.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 02:22 PM #6 of 10
Worse comes to worse this will happen...

You'll get pulled over and receive a ticket for not having an expired tag which will cost some random riduculous amount of money. Then they will give you a ticket for what ever other random crap they can give you like no seatbelt. Then they'll get your car towed away to some random place.

After you think things can't be worse they will laugh and put handcuffs on you and notify you that this is an offence which one can be jailed for. You'll be in the back of a police car for some time wondering why/what the fuck is going on. Then they'll take you to a police station where you'll have to give them your fingerprints along with all items you have on you at the moment. Then you're off to change your clothes so they can place you in a holding cell where they will tell you that you can make one phone call.

Then you'll try to call people only to find out that you just don't remember their numbers by heart because you depend on your mobile phone to do that for you. You'll ask for your mobile phone so you can make a call but they will deny your request and you'll end up staying in a holding cell for about 20hrs until your parents end up finding out you're in jail and spend $280 to bail you out.

So that wasn't much fun....at least nothing else can go wrong right? WRONG!
You still have to get your car back so after finding out where is at you come to realize that is not going to be an easy task because you have no way of getting there and this isn't a one man job. The tow place closes at 4pm and is located in Bumfucknowhere. Both your friends and your parents work during this time as well as you so it takes 2 days to get something arranged so someone can come with you so you can pick up your car.

You finaly get there, fusterated at this whole situation, only to find out that the tow place charges $150 each day that is left there. That's on top of the $100 for the 1st day. After a bit of haggling you drop the total price down to $350 just to get your car back and that's not including the money loss from taking a day w/o pay at work so you can get the car back.

After all this comes the fact that you now have to pay to register your tag so this wont happen again, pay for your tickets and pay your parents back for bailing you out. The total amount turns out to be around $900....

....just pay for your registration man, that's what I got pulled over for....this shit isn't worth it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Weapon; Aug 25, 2006 at 12:26 AM.
Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:19 AM #7 of 10
Originally Posted by Weapon
Worse comes to worse this will happen...

You'll get pulled over and receive a ticket for not having an expired tag which will cost some random riduculous amount of money. Then they will give you a ticket for what ever other random crap they can give you like no seatbelt. Then they'll get your car towed away to some random place.

After you think things can't be worse they will laugh and put handcuffs on you and notify you that this is an offence which one can be jailed for. You'll be in the back of a police car for some time wondering why/what the fuck is going on. Then they'll take you to a police station where you'll have to give them your fingerprints along with all items you have on you at the moment. Then you're off to change your clothes so they can place you in a holding cell where they will tell you that you can make one phone call.

Then you'll try to call people only to find out that you just don't remember their numbers by heart because you depend on your mobile phone to do that for you. You'll ask for your mobile phone so you can make a call but they will deny your request and you'll end up staying in a holding cell for about 20hrs until your parents end up finding out you're in jail and spend $280 to bail you out.

So that wasn't much fun....at least nothing else can go wrong right? WRONG!
You still have to get your car back so after finding out where is at you come to realize that is not going to be an easy task because you have no way of getting there and this isn't a one man job. The tow place closes at 4pm and is located in Bumfucknowhere. Both your friends and your parents work during this time as well as you so it takes 2 days to get something arranged so someone can come with you so you can pick up your car.

You finaly get there, fusterated at this whole situation, only to find out that the tow place charges $150 each day that is left there. That's on top of the $100 for the 1st day. After a bit of haggling you drop the total price down to $350 just to get your car back and that's not including the money loss from taking a day w/o pay at work so you can get the car back.

After all this comes the fact that you now have to pay to register your tag so this wont happen again, pay for your tickets and pay your parents back for bailing you out. The total amount turns out to be around $900....

....just pay for your registration man, that's what I got pulled over for....this shit isn't worth it.
was this in america or australia?

Most amazing jew boots
Thrik
Carob Nut

Member 1303

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 12:52 AM #8 of 10
Works the same everywhere.

Don't take the risk.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 02:29 PM #9 of 10
Originally Posted by Bredow
was this in america or australia?
This was while I was living in Florida. Eitherway don't take the risk.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 09:21 PM #10 of 10
I was pulled over while in Texas. I was driving with expired tags from Cali.

Sucks.

Yes, I do believe though, that they wouldn't take too kindly to what kinds of plates you have.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > expired registration in a different state