Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

League of Legends Thread

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:18 PM #1 of 16
League of Legends Thread

I was checking around I didn't see a thread made about this so I figure I would make one.

League of Legends - Free Online Game | LoL - League of Legends

League of Legend is a multiplayer RTS/Tower Defense type game based on the idea of Dota for Warcraft 3. It's a game where you play on a team of 3 or 5, based on the map, and the main point of the game is for your team to push their way into an enemy's base to destroy their Nexus while fighting off their minions, enemy structures (towers) and keeping the enemy champions from pushing into your base.

Their roster consist of over 50 heroes/summoners which can be purchased by using IP, which is a type of currency gained after every match you play. They do have a free roster of Heroes that rotates every week.
Champions | LoL - League of Legends

Just like DOTA, in game you can buy from a variety of items in order to improve your chances of taking down your enemy or being able to defend against them. They improve stats, aspd, defense, Spell cooldown, etc etc.
Items | LoL - League of Legends

But unlike DOTA, each champ is customizable in sense that your account can buy what are called Runes in order to improve certain stats on a hero. THe Runes can be bought with IP as well.
Runes | LoL - League of Legends

and unlike DOTA, each champ is customizable masteries. You get up to 30 points to place in masteries that will improve different stats or abilities. You start off with only 1 point available to put into masteries but as you level up outside game, you can unlock more points to put into your masteries page. (i couldn't find a link to the official masteries page, sorry)

So yeah. Anyone play? What hero do you play? HOw long has everyone been playing? Anyone wanna get an official GFF team going? Anyone want help being boosted (lol)?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:44 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2012, 05:44 PM #2 of 16
I started playing around the time Xin Zhao was new. Must've never played that regularly, since I was only on the verge of level 29 when I stopped playing when Dominion was still fairly new.

I mostly got tired of Riot's seemingly questionable balance changes. Also, it would be nice if they released a new tank or support every once in a while.

Still, after playing DotA 2 recently, it's making me miss the things LoL got right. I never played with pre-arranged teams much either, which would probably drastically improve my experience. So sure, I'll give it another go if people from here want to play. My summoner name is Damon Gant.

I own, in order of most played to least played:

Morgana, Amumu, Swain, Cho'Gath, Garen, Jarvan IV, Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Tristana, Kayle, Lee Sin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Last edited by StarmanDX; Jan 31, 2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Forgot Alistar
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:18 PM #3 of 16
They got a couple new hero since Dom came out. I don't know if you saw Leona. I think she's the best tank in the game due to the fact that she has 1 surefire stun, 1 immobilize and 1 slow/stun (give or take on how hit them w/ the ult)

I tried playing DOTA 2 and I admit that it looks really nice but I was hoping for more. I like that LoL has the customization of 2 people can have the same hero but run them completely different not just by the item build but also by their setup for the runes and masteries.

My summoner name is Spear Breaker. I'm gonna send you a friend invite.

I play Irelia, Leona, Cho, Ashe and Kayle for the most part but I can play most tanks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:36 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2012, 06:36 PM #4 of 16
I've played quite a few games with/against Leona, but frankly she seemed underwhelming. Perhaps she was just not being played right. The community at large doesn't hold her in high regard either, but then again they're rarely right about this sort of thing.

And I have been keeping up with new champ releases and patches. Apparently some classify Sejuani as a tank as well, but she sounds more like a standard tanky bruiser.

How ya doing, buddy?

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:11 PM #5 of 16
I've played quite a few games with/against Leona, but frankly she seemed underwhelming. Perhaps she was just not being played right. The community at large doesn't hold her in high regard either, but then again they're rarely right about this sort of thing.

And I have been keeping up with new champ releases and patches. Apparently some classify Sejuani as a tank as well, but she sounds more like a standard tanky bruiser.
Personally, I haven't seen one single person play with her right so I'm not sure if maybe she sucks or people just don't know how to play her. I had high hope for her when they 1st announced her but I see most people play her a jungler then a tank.

With Leona, I built her w/ Armor Pen (red), Armor (yellows) and MR (blue) with HP regen quints. As for items, I build her with Trinity Force, Sunfire, Gaurdian Angel, Ionic Boots, and I mix up with FON or Thornmail or Hourglass give based on who I'm facing off against. I've been thinking of running Guinsoo's as well because I like the aspd boost

I was speaking idiomatically.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:20 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2012, 08:20 PM #6 of 16
As for items, I build her with Trinity Force, Sunfire,
Well, take my recommendation with a grain of salt because I don't play Leona, but in general I dislike these two items.

Trinity Force is too much gold for a hodgepodge of stats, each of which you only get in mediocre amounts. Also, see the first 3 notes here.

With Sunfire Cape, you are paying 800g gold (Chain Mail + Giant's Belt + 800g) for 20 extra health (on top of Giant's Belt's 430hp), no extra armor and the passive. The passive is almost completely negated by natural MR if you don't have Spell Pen, and even if you do it still usually ends up being a tiny amount of damage. Just seems like a very bad deal; I really think they should change the damage to true damage, or maybe even make it deal damage as a % of the victim's health as a counter to Warmog's popularity.

Quote:
but I see most people play her a jungler then a tank.
Well, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Cho, Alistar and Amumu can jungle and be built as tanks at the same time, and I imagine Leona is much the same way. That's largely the reason I own the three of them, because I discovered it's hard to come by both tanks and junglers in pubs. So I figured, why not do both myself?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by StarmanDX; Jan 31, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:34 AM #7 of 16
Oh I was talking about Sejuani when I was talking about people playing her Jungle.

And you're right to a certain extent about Trinity force. It is a hodgepodge of stats that honestly if you were to get lichbane, Phantom and Hammer separately, the benefits would be greater then getting trinity force but I do enjoy the fact that it's a lil bit of all 3 items that only take up 1 spot. But i never did realize that the 150% extra dmg wasn't based on your current dmg with items and buffs but the actual base damage. By the time that I get her worked out, I'll probably more damage if I just got Hammer.

I've been focusing on trying to get Hourglass more then Sunfire but I just find Hourglass to be so pricy and Sunfire is better early game because you're right. If you're playing against someone that has MR items, it's honestly useless.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Furby; Feb 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2012, 01:45 AM Local time: Feb 1, 2012, 12:45 AM #8 of 16
By the time that I get her worked out, I'll probably more damage if I just got Hammer.
Plus, I would think that on a tank, Frozen Mallet's extra HP and 100% chance to slow would be preferable.
Quote:
If you're playing against someone that has MR items, it's honestly useless.
Well, that's even worse. I was just talking about the free 30 MR that everyone STARTS with; that already reduces the damage to 27.

How ya doing, buddy?

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2012, 01:58 AM #9 of 16
Plus, I would think that on a tank, Frozen Mallet's extra HP and 100% chance to slow would be preferable.

Well, that's even worse. I was just talking about the free 30 MR that everyone STARTS with; that already reduces the damage to 27.
Well 27 damage is still not bad, especially against squishy characters and Leona has alot of ways of keeping opponent near her with her E to cut the distance, her Q to stun and her R to keep them slowed or stunned again.

I was looking at a build for her with alot of Cooldown reduction where she can semi - spam Q n E to keep her enemies from running.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
blogs
Wark!

Member 39056

Level 1.00

Mar 2012

Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:51 AM #10 of 16
I mostly got tired of Riot's seemingly questionable balance changes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:08 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2012, 07:08 PM #11 of 16
I mostly got tired of Riot's seemingly questionable balance changes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:56 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2012, 02:56 PM #12 of 16
Digging up an old thread, I know, but I wouldn't mind adding some people to duo queue with if anyone still plays. My name is Robot Waifu on the NA servers. I tend to bounce between high bronze and low gold Elo when I can actually be bothered to play ranked, but I usually just five queue in normal games because solo queue is pain and suffering and queuedodgers and OMG REPORT NOOB PLZ.

In rough order of preference, I play Orianna, Sona, LeBlanc, Janna, Jayce, Draaaaaaaaaaaven, and sometimes Darius if someone makes me jungle.

Also re: item builds, I strongly prefer to add tank and sustain before going for big damage items unless I'm playing an AD carry or a pure burst mage. Getting an Athene's or RoA second and Guardian Angel fourth on Orianna has served me ridiculously well. Last two games I played with a semi-tanky Orianna I went 14/2 and 16/4, and the latter was dealing with an enemy Sion who ate our top lane Teemo for breakfast and was legendary by 20 minutes in.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:56 PM #13 of 16
I still play on occasion, add me (Yggdrasilly) if you wanna team up or something! I'm only level 20, but I'm working on it.

I'm not really super into it like some people are with all the crazy terms like AP and AD and all that. I just play for fun and try not to worry too much about it, but it seems like in this game you're just a 'noob' if you're not level 30 and have all the best runes, which is why I usually still play bot games, heh.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Last edited by Sousuke; Aug 29, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:07 PM #14 of 16
So I've been looking at the Video from Hanover for the Intel Championships and it has encouraged me to think about Season 3 for the tourney. Anyone interested in maybe putting a team together?

I know it seems kinda silly but I really want to give it a try. I'm working on support right now. I love using Sona.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:25 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2012, 04:25 PM #15 of 16
Ranked is suffering, though.

But yeah, I added you on League just now. I dunno if we could get a full ranked team of five together, but I can definitely do anything that isn't jungle, though I do prefer mai waifu~ Orianna.

FELIPE NO
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:01 PM #16 of 16
I hate playing in pub ranked matches.. you die like twice and people start bitching about you "Feeding"...

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > League of Legends Thread