Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Platform Controllers For Your PC

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:36 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 07:36 AM #1 of 6
Platform Controllers For Your PC

I'm interested in getting a controller (preferably N64, because it's my favorite controller) that hooks into my computer (USB hopefully...). I told my friend I was looking for one of these, and he informed me that the companies that make this sort of thing are a little sketchy. Does anyone have any experience with these controllers and perhaps a favorite company, or a company to stay away from? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:44 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 12:44 PM #2 of 6
I remember finding plans for how to make your own adapter that plugs into your PC's printer port. It just required a little bit of soldering and knowing how to read a basic schematic. I had built one for my SNES controller. Unfortunately, that was about five years ago and I have no clue if it's around anymore.

If you can't find anything for the N64 but have a PS2, RadioShack sells a USB converter for controllers that works spectacularly. If I remember right (I haven't played for a while), you can even get rumble when playing on an emulator.

Most amazing jew boots
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 06:00 PM #3 of 6
I remember finding plans for how to make your own adapter that plugs into your PC's printer port. It just required a little bit of soldering and knowing how to read a basic schematic. I had built one for my SNES controller. Unfortunately, that was about five years ago and I have no clue if it's around anymore.

If you can't find anything for the N64 but have a PS2, RadioShack sells a USB converter for controllers that works spectacularly. If I remember right (I haven't played for a while), you can even get rumble when playing on an emulator.
Id rather not do it myself since I don't know much about how to read even basic schematics, and would like to be able to take it back if I have to. Also, this is kind of like what I want.

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Saitek-P990-Dual-Analog-Pad

Or perhaps even something like this (ps2ish)

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-to-PC-2-Dual...QQcmdZViewItem

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by DeLorean; Apr 12, 2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Adding a URL
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:39 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 09:39 PM #4 of 6
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

Model: 2600729
Catalog #: 26-729

If you own a Playstation (1 or 2) controller I'd recommend that guy. I own it, and I've recommended it to a number of people on here that have gone on to buy it and swear by it (I think capo bought one...). You don't need to buy from any shady internet dealer, there's no shoddy third-party components in the controller, and you don't even have to pay for shipping if you go to your local Radio Shack.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sausageboots
Objection!

Member 3683

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:03 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 12:03 PM #5 of 6
Well, I got this one some time ago from an eBay seller and it works a treat, allowing both PS2 and N64 pads.

It can be found on Amazon although its only available via a seller.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:47 AM #6 of 6
Yeah, I got the same one as Sausage. It's really, really simple. You plug it in, and your done. No drivers needed, and you can switch between N64 and PSX/PS2 controller. I personally prefer the latter.

The only thing is, if you plan to use those analog controllers, you have to properly set it up, but it takes like 30 seconds.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Platform Controllers For Your PC