Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Tidsu
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 21200

Level 3.31

Mar 2007

Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:52 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2007, 07:52 PM #726 of 800
hmm ive been playing Final Fantasy 7 for at least 6-7 years now. im a really big fan of FF7 to the point that im collecting Figures of the characters i only have cloud at the moment but im thinking of getting Tifa cause she's sooo cute i hope an Aeris one is coming soon since this collection has only just come out and it's really good

anyways ive seen advent children and i think it's a great film

what would be better would be if they were to release the actual FF7 game out on DVD as a movie

i think that would be amazing but they would need to shorten it down a bit though

i write storys on FF7

well anyways ive gone on long enough about my love for FF7

see you guys around sometime

From Tidsu

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Image removed by GFF Signature Police (images should not stretch beyond 300 pixels high, nor be as faggoty as this one was).

Im Tidsu Defender Of Spira
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 02:50 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 01:50 AM #727 of 800
Ohh Yuffie figure. Looks pretty good. Kinda prefer the custom job over it though (her face looks identical to Tifa's). But man, Koto's Yuffie looks almost like it the custom guy's Yuffie. I wonder if they hired him, or bought his sculpt.

Quote:
The colored prototype of the FF7AC version of Yuffie was completed, so we took a photograph. (Sumimasen, we forgot about the shuriken). More detailed information will be in next month's Hobby Link Japan (on sale 4/25).

The Square Enix Party on 5/12~13 will display the new Play Arts series, including the prototypes that we're still in the middle of producing!
http://www.adventchildren.net/

FELIPE NO
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:56 PM #728 of 800
Hey yeah, the custom Yuffie has a more upbeat face befitting her personality, but the official one is good too. I don't like her enough to warrant getting her though.

Can't wait to see the prototypes on display at the party! I want to see closeups of Reno.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 07:24 PM #729 of 800
New trailer is up for Crisis core, cutscenes are amazing
check youtube or here is direct downloadable link
http://youtube-733.vo.llnwd.net/d1/0...xw8row7R1M.flv

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:59 AM #730 of 800
There's something wrong with your link. I even tried to embed the video into one of my earlier posts with no success. Perhaps a ling to the page or if you could embed the video yourself would be better because I REALLY want to see the trailer.

Is this the trailer? http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions...union_id=11841
Because this trailer is pretty F'n sweet!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Slayer X; Mar 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Razikain
Flying Toaster

Member 16855

Level 4.68

Dec 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:43 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 04:43 PM #731 of 800
I'm not sure. Crisis Core seems to be screaming Retcon to me. It will be irritating if they try and change even more of what was previously established as canon. Still, the game itself looks kinda fun.

Most amazing jew boots
"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales..."
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:22 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 11:22 PM #732 of 800
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxw8row7R1M

This link sure will work, its jump festa trailer 2007.
Too much conversation and cutscenes, it seems they are putting lot of work on story elements, can't wait. If someone come across translation please post.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 02:36 PM #733 of 800
I don't know what you guys are worried about. Too much conversation and cutscenes... have you even played FFVII?? Nor do I know what Retcon or this previously established canon is, but Crisis Core is shaping up to give a lot of depth to the characters that were barely mentioned or were just simple evil figures in the original game. There are lots of questions about the past acts of Shinra and it's members which is looking like Crisis Core is going to answer.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:41 PM #734 of 800
Ah, it's good to be back here. Check these out:

It'd be better if Reno had a smirk or a smile or SOMETHING, but heck, it's still awesome.

JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:48 PM #735 of 800
OMG AWESOME. Much WANT! Thanks for sharing! Just need a release date now. >_>

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:13 AM #736 of 800
ok it's sold for me XD my god it's so cool! one of the best looking figures in that series ^^

I was going to buy the 4 FFXII one, but I guess i'll wait for Reno, Yuffie and Kadaj XD

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 02:40 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 01:40 AM #737 of 800
Ohh, looks pretty good. Though, I agree with ya, Freelance Wolf, they really should have gave Reno a smirk or something. Heh, I'm sure the customer guy will be doing a head/face resculpt for him. Bleh, I really wish they gave the Play Arts line somewhat of a set scale, I hate how Cloud appears to the shortest of the lot.

Oh and I picked up those nifty Mechanical Arts, only Kadaj's bike and the Fenrir (though the other's were really nice too). Pretty nice, but for $37 a pop, they weren't really worth it. If the scale was larger (some details were missing cause of the small scale, such as the tire treads) I'd encourage the purchase, but otherwise I say save your wallet for the Play Arts figures instead. Would have been sweet if they managed to sculpted the Fenrir so that it could have the open/close fusion sword compartment.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 08:07 AM #738 of 800
$37 US each? Ouch. Kinda steep for such small things. I don't see any reason to get Fenrir either since you can get the much bigger (and better) one.

Cloud was already short in FFVII though, being less then 5ft, but he was about the same size as Reno in AC.... I think the fact that the Reno fig looks bigger is due to perception. He is in the foreground after all.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 10, 2007 at 09:38 AM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:24 PM #739 of 800
I saw this over at Kotaku and I thought I'd post it here for you guys to get a chuckle out off too. It's a music video for a song in Korea that Square has since sued over and won. This is a video with the live action of the music vid with the original CG movie scenes following to show what scene they're copying, because I'm sure no one here has seen the movie right

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Slayer X; Apr 10, 2007 at 11:29 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:12 AM #740 of 800
That video fails miserably. Music is out of order and the inclusion of the original CG ruins the whole point.

Original version is right here.

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:55 AM #741 of 800
I have to say beside the music, that's a really good live-edition of that scene! and I kind of love it just for that ^^ I can understand why SE sue them and probably won pretty easily too XD

edit: damn it! now I'll have this song in the head for the rest of the week >_<

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Inhert; Apr 11, 2007 at 02:56 AM.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 07:58 AM #742 of 800

Considering I could care less for Kadaj and Reno is pretty boring, given it's just a dude in a suit with a pole, I'll more than likely be just picking up Yuffie if anything from the AC Play Arts Vol.2. I would of preferred Barrett, Cid and even Red XIII for the second lineup so hopefully they'll get fair treatment next.

Also for anyone interested the Cloud Masterpiece figure is up for preorder but it'll only set you back over $320....

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:17 AM #743 of 800
Not interested in Yuffie, Nanaki, Barret and such.

Although MP Cloud looks cool and all, the uber high price tag scares me. At least it's not over $500 like it was supposed to be initially though.

Coincidentally, I had a dream last night and Seph was in it...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 20, 2007 at 08:22 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:45 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 09:45 AM #744 of 800
Ohh, set 2 looking good another must buy for me. Heh, the MP Cloud looks pretty good (though the goofy pose is kinda buggin' me, wish it was different), and the change to $230 is nice, but still not enough to get me to buy him. Can't wait till they make his fusion swords for the Master Arms line though.

$37 US each? Ouch. Kinda steep for such small things. I don't see any reason to get Fenrir either since you can get the much bigger (and better) one.

Cloud was already short in FFVII though, being less then 5ft, but he was about the same size as Reno in AC.... I think the fact that the Reno fig looks bigger is due to perception. He is in the foreground after all.
Actually that was in CAD, surprisingly they sold pretty well at my local comic shop as there were only a few left on the pegs a week later. Heh, and I actually already have the bigger Fenrir (that boxet), just bought the smaller scale one so Kadaj's bike wouldn't get lonely.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:01 AM #745 of 800
Can't wait till they make his fusion swords for the Master Arms line though.
Do they separate into the 6? I'd get it if they did.

Quote:
Actually that was in CAD
Still expensive :D You can prolly get an actual figure for that amount.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:25 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 10:25 AM #746 of 800
Do they separate into the 6? I'd get it if they did.
From the prototype, it does look like it (back in San Diego's 2006 Comic Con). Originally it was scheduled to be apart of the initial Master Arms line, but I guess they scratched that as I didn't see it in Previews (just the Squall and Seifer's gunblades, Sora's Keyblade, and Vincent's Cerberus). I'm guessing they're still working on the kinks of the fusion sword (hopefully they'll fix that gap between the top 2 blades), be awesome if they end up being in the same scale used for Cloud's figure.

Still expensive You can prolly get an actual figure for that amount.
Haha, yea, that's why I didn't buy a set.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 05:16 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 03:16 PM #747 of 800
I like how the sword in Hantei's post above is mislabeled. It was supposed to be called the "Tsrugi" or something like that? This is the buster sword, by the way:
I know its likely not of much difference when you get right down to it, but I like things to be accurate if you're going to have them all displayed up nice like that. Of course, If I am wrong and the English translation IS "Buster Sword", then never mind! ^^;;

Also in other news, (If it hasn't been posted already), A few bits of info about Crisis Core, taken from http://www.adventchildren.net/

Quote:
Official Crisis Core Website Open
Square-Enix has opened the official Crisis Core website. There are sections for Story, Characters, Download, and Info. The opening storyline can be found in Story, information on Angeal and Zack in the Characters section, a PSP and desktop wallpaper in Download, and merchandise and staff information under Info. Sections labeled PV (Promotional Video) and System are listed but unavailable.
Further more, they (same site) have a translation of the site, or at least of the "Story Portion", you can read that bit below:

Spoiler:
Quote:
STORY

Going back seven years before "Final Fantasy VII"...

Thanks to their monopoly on "Mako Energy" and a strong military force, the "Shinra Company" is quickly exerting their influence around the World. Construction is also rapidly advancing on their base, and symbol of prosperity, the Mako city of "Midgar", which will soon become Shinra's seat of power.

---

The Shinra Company possesses an organization of soldiers with powerful combat ability known as "SOLDIER", and amongst them, the especially excellent SOLDIERs are known as SOLDIER: First Class, inspiring respect and envy from the masses.

One of the young people yearning to be First Class is the SOLDIER: Second Class, Zack. He works hard at his daily duties with his senior, Angeal, a SOLDIR: First Class and an excellent leader.

At that time, the "SOLDIER Mass Disappearance Incident" occurred when, during combat operations in Wutai, the SOLDIER: First Class Genesis went missing without a trace, along with many other SOLDIERs.

---

The Shinra Company's top management assessed the situation and decided to send out SOLDIER in order to bring an end to the war and clarify the scandal, and so, Angeal and Zack, as well as the SOLDIER: First Class Sephiroth, whose name would come to be known through the world as a hero, were dispatched to Wutai.

What is the truth behind Genesis' disappearance?
What is the secret concealed by the three First Class SOLDIERs?
A struggle of cruel fate awaits Zack.

CHARACTERS

Zack Fair
SOLDIER:2nd of the Shinra Company. He joined SOLDIER because he yearned to be a hero.

Quick to act and overflowing with vitality, he has a bright and cheerful disposition. As he sets his sights on 1st Class, the fates of many whirl around with him at the core.

Angeal Hewley
The First Class SOLDIER who is often in action together with Zack. His true character is stoic and serious, and he gets along well with the 1st Classes, Sephiroth and Genesis. He owns the enormous Buster Sword, but rarely uses it for some reason.

And finally, some gameplay & general game information:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Crisis Core Gamaga Information
The upcoming May issue of Gamaga, to be released on Friday, includes some information on Crisis Core, most of which seems to be along the lines of the other recent magazine articles, and as such, there isn't much new information.

- Development is said to be 75% complete.

- There is also some information on the trailer that will be shown at Square-Enix Party; it will include a lot of completely new content, and some of the other scenes will have been changed completely. It will also be the longest Crisis Core trailer so far.

- Genesis is a character who specializes in magic, and fights with a sword that has a red blade. He uses a combination of magic and sword skill to fight.

- The Turk's designs are the same as their designs in Before Crisis. Reno doesn't have his ponytail, and Rude doesn't have any facial hair, and has fewer piercings.

- At the time of Crisis Core, SOLDIER was organized differently, and was seperate from the army that Heidegger controls.

- There will be a wide variety of materia. Materia can be both found and synthesized (as in Before Crisis), though the synthization method wasn't explained.

- After you've obtained enough experience and exceeded the specific value for leveling up, you will level up via the reel system.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Exo
Hageln den Fuhrer

Member 14662

Level 3.31

Oct 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 01:09 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 01:09 PM #748 of 800
Crisis Core to be released August 2 in Japan. Wonder how long it will take for a US release from there.

Genesis sounds pretty interesting, fighting him should certainly be a rush.

And good news on Reno and Rude being in Crisis Core. The game just got a whole lot better. :]

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FFI / FFS / GFF / FFR /
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 09:46 AM #749 of 800
SE product blog was updated with look at the FFVII version of Aeris that'll be on display at the Square Enix Party next month:

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:20 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 11:20 AM #750 of 800
Awesome! She looks great! Hopefully they'll include her staff, don't want her to be useless as Rinoa.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread