Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Exo
Hageln den Fuhrer

Member 14662

Level 3.31

Oct 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:54 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 07:54 PM #751 of 800
As much as I hate Final Fantasy figurines, I have to admit that one looks pretty nice.

FELIPE NO
FFI / FFS / GFF / FFR /
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:33 PM #752 of 800
These sort of went unnoticed during the party, but sculpts of Cloud and Tifa in their original outfits have been revealed.

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed. When I first heard about these figures, I was given the impression that they would take the AC models of their bodies, and slightly modify the original outfits on them. Instead, these figures look to be keeping their original proportions, just slightly taller. Cloud is back to looking scrawny in both his neck and limbs while having a lanky torso, and while Tifa is better proportioned than previous works, overall she has too much of an anime doll look compared to her AC look.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 04:42 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 03:42 PM #753 of 800
Ohh, they look great! I'm especially pleased to see that they did include Aerith's staff, therefore not rendering her completely useless like Rinoa. Though definitely does look like they retained more of their original look than an AC redesign (heh we could always swap the heads on Cloud and Tifa for their AC counterparts), oh well, no biggie for me. Hopefully Tifa's hair won't interfere too much with her head movement, though likely to happen.

Another must buy set for me!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 07:32 PM #754 of 800
The FFVII figures look swank as hell and personally I'm glad they don't look like their updated AC looks otherwise they'd be too similar to the Cloud and Tifa figure already out save for costume.

I saw that they're also planning on releasing Judge Gabranth's helmet as a replica too....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 08:34 PM #755 of 800
I had that concern as well, but I was hoping for a sort of middle ground; keep the more realistic body types but update the old outfits accordingly. Like the Tech Demo.

This just feels like a case of same-old, same-old, a step backwards. But maybe they'll look better once they're colored.

Edit: There's some more pics here; the figures look a bit better based on the angles. There's also Gabranth's helmet, a lovely Aerith praying mini statue of some sort and....Tactics figures!?

http://ga.sbcr.jp/news/0705/043/index.html#32

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Soldier; May 12, 2007 at 08:41 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 08:55 PM #756 of 800
Honestly, I'm happy they used the older outfits/look. FFAC's look kind of drab, and these will probably look better when they're colored anyway. Of course, the joint action kind of detracts for these anyway. But the best thing there has to be the bike:

The Lenneth thing and Gabranth's helmet are on the same level as the above.

Namely, the Awesome level.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:48 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 05:48 PM #757 of 800
CD sampler from SE party, Wonderful World and Dissidia in respective topics.

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- SPECIAL DISC
01. Theme of CRISIS CORE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M9AVV8B4
02. Last Order -Crisis Mix-: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RD06I137

Credit to NeoStrikeDramon from gamefaqs for the uploads

How ya doing, buddy?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 09:32 PM #758 of 800
The CC theme is pretty good. Different then what I was expecting, though not really surprised for it is the music that they play during the trailers.

The Last Order Remix is quite good. I can't remember how the original went since it's been a while since I've seen the anime, but this is still a good mix.

Thanks Kairi

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 01:05 PM #759 of 800
I listened to the two tracks last night and I quite enjoyed the CC theme. It seems somewhat, but not exclusively, laid-back. Like Slayer X, I wasn't quite expecting that sort of music, but it I think it fits Zack.

I didn't think much of the LO Remix though.

FELIPE NO
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 02:15 AM Local time: May 20, 2007, 01:15 AM #760 of 800
Interesting interview regarding SE merchandising. They even mentioned Cloud's 6 piece fusion sword, apparently the reason why it'd been removed from the first series of Master Arms is because they couldn't get the hilt/base to work properly. Eg. how main sword's base changes between a diamond shape to a rectangular shape. Right now, at the request of Nomura, they've trying to achieve that. Hopefully it'll be in scale with the figure.

Heh, and interestingly they have seen the customizer's work too.

Quote:
IGN: I found the blog of a custom hobbyist who re-created the seven pieces of Cloud's sword from Advent Children. You can take it apart and put it back together again just like in the movie. Are there plans to offer this product in the merchandise store?

Hidemi Matszuka
: Yes we've seen what you're talking about. We've made that same sword officially. It's just in the process of being approved by Nomura-san right now. But there's this one section of the sword that we're finding it difficult to recreate. In the movie, when all the swords are together, the base part is a rectangle shape, but when you remove the other swords it become a diamond shape. And what Nomura-san is saying is that is has to become a diamond shape in the replica too, but we haven't been able to achieve that.

IGN: Is it going to be plastic or metal?

Hidemi Matszuka
: It'll be plastic, because when we do it in metal and mass produce it, it doesn't come out to the exact measurements that it should. So we're thinking plastic, and we're going to release it under the Master Arms line of products.

IGN: What about an actual motorcycle that fits all the pieces of the sword, just like in the movie?

Hidemi Matszuka
: Sorry we can't do the bike (LOL).

IGN: Did you guys contact that hobbyist who created the seven-piece-sword replica? Does he work for Square-Enix?

Hidemi Matszuka
: He's not a Square-Enix employee and we've never tried to contact him. We've definitely heard rumors and seen things. We can't lose this battle in making the sword so we have to make a better one (LOL).
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/790/790093p1.html

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 08:10 AM #761 of 800
It's too bad about the bike. I'd so get that if one was in the works. :D

Looking forward to getting that sword!

So apparently they're gonna be making more figures, like Barret, Fran and even Nanaki. Hopefully they'll make one of Rude to go with Reno, and more FFVIII figs as they're only three so far.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:06 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 06:06 PM #762 of 800
Nomura flat out says no to remake. Too bad, would have been a nice little surprise for the 10th anniversary of FF7.

Quote:
A Square Enix power player has issued the most direct denial yet of a Final Fantasy VII remake. Speaking with Japan's monthly Dorimaga gaming publication, character designer Tetsuya Nomura said, "It appears that there are often overseas rumors like 'Are you currently developing a VII remake?' My apologies, but we're absolutely not making [such a game]."

But, as usual, all isn't necessarily lost. Yoshinori Kitase, overall director of the FFVII series, followed up with, "However, when we ask the staff who are making FFXIII why they entered the company, there are many people who say, 'I'm an FFVII fan, I also want to do a remake.'" To this, Nomura added, "We of course know ourselves what the fans want so we'd like to continue thinking up a variety of things. As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'the end.'"

Outside of these comments, the two shared a few interesting insights into the development of what is arguably the most renown Final Fantasy game to date.

Nomura recalled the creation of the game's plot, which was originally written by Hironobu Sakaguchi, now of Mistwalker. Nomura, who claims to still have a copy of the plot, noted how "completely different" it is from the final version. "I think he wanted to do something like a detective story? There was a character called Hot Blooded Detective Joe."

The Midgar city was already in place at this point. The early part of the story that was written by Sakaguchi involved Detective Joe chasing after the main characters, who then blow up the city.

Obviously, the story changed some once Nomura and Kitase got involved. While Nomura went off into the character design and visual work following some initial changes to Sakaguchi's plot, Kitase and Kazushige Nojima came up with the sections on Avalanche and Shinra, Cloud's background story, and the relationship between Cloud and Sephiroth. Sakaguchi came up with the specifics on the Life Stream in his original plot, but this also saw some work by Kitase and crew before finally being placed in the game.

With Nomura's strong denial in this interview, all those hoping for an FFVII remake to close off the series' 10th anniversary in style this year appear to be out of luck. Of course, there's no law against flat out lying to magazines that include pullout posters of big-busted anime chicks in every issue, so keep the candles lit.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/793/793956p1.html

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:20 PM #763 of 800
Nomura flat out says no to remake. Too bad, would have been a nice little surprise for the 10th anniversary of FF7.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/793/793956p1.html

Pretty much a confirmation, in my eyes. Browsed a few threads on other forums, and folks brought up all the dumbshit Nomura's said over the years that turned out false. Also, it runs counter to what SE is doing, which is remaking everything under the sun.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 04:48 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2007, 03:48 PM #764 of 800
New Aerith play arts and statue pics from the latest issue of Hobby Japan. She looks great and can't wait to pick up the figure, again I'm very pleased that they included her staff. I wonder if she'll come with the basket of flowers. Unfortunately it looks like her dress will hinder much of her leg movement, just like Yuna. As for the statue, her face sculpt looks kinda 'meh'/out of place.

Xaekid
Generic Ninja

Member 9982

Level 7.89

Jul 2006

Old Jun 8, 2007, 09:33 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2007, 08:33 PM #765 of 800
Question, what's the scale for the figures that Soldier posted? same as the other PlayArts figures (around 8'')?

How ya doing, buddy?

The War of the Lions

Last edited by Xaekid; Jun 8, 2007 at 09:39 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2007, 09:50 PM #766 of 800
yes same as the other playarts (they are made by them too)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2007, 09:59 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2007, 07:59 PM #767 of 800
Pretty much a confirmation, in my eyes. Browsed a few threads on other forums, and folks brought up all the dumbshit Nomura's said over the years that turned out false. Also, it runs counter to what SE is doing, which is remaking everything under the sun.
I've seen this pattern before:

1. Deny rumors of remake, piss off customers
2. Secretly make Remake
3. Release info that ReMake is being made, customers doubly happy again.
4. ????
5. Massive Profit

Then again, maybe even SE knows that a cow can only be milked so much.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:07 PM #768 of 800
I'm pretty sure the remake might happen. SE damn know that there's a lot of people wanting it, and I'm pretty sure they didn't choose the intro of FFVII for the tech demo for nothing (they could have made any random cut-scene for a tech demo)

but with FFXIII, FFversusXIII and the other 3 FFXIII games that got announced not so long ago, I'm not sure SE has the time to make a FFVII remake for now... maybe after those projects.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:24 PM #769 of 800
New Aerith play arts and statue pics from the latest issue of Hobby Japan. She looks great and can't wait to pick up the figure, again I'm very pleased that they included her staff. I wonder if she'll come with the basket of flowers. Unfortunately it looks like her dress will hinder much of her leg movement, just like Yuna. As for the statue, her face sculpt looks kinda 'meh'/out of place.

Her face kind of looks like a mix of the original, AC, and Kingdom Hearts....Maybe that's why it looks out of place.

Although I like the City of the Ancients set.

Jamma
Nuts! Gotta get to Narshe on the fly...

Member 3119

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2007, 05:39 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2007, 10:39 PM #770 of 800
Okay, I'm gonna go against the opinions of the majority here. I seriously don't think SE are gonna redo this, despite the massive calling of the fans. Like others have said, they have their hands full with several other games and I really don't expect them to bother with the remake after they've spent a good few years (probably) on the XIII franchise.

Although I'd love to be proved wrong. Go on, Squeenix. Prove me wrong.

Merchant: "You’re that thief, Locke, aren’t you?"
Locke: "Hey! Call me a Treasure Hunter, or I’ll rip your lungs out!"

randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:11 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2007, 01:11 AM #771 of 800
Any date on when those figures are coming?

And I do think an FFVII remake is on the cards, when it's coming is more the case in my opinion.

Welcome to Silent Hill
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 05:22 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 04:22 AM #772 of 800
Since much of the merchandising info goes here, I thought I'd just dump this in too.

Picked up the Master Arms set on Wednesday (they shipped out this week), and boy are these guys pricey. It costs about $40 CAD for one which is more or less the same as the Mechanical Arts. The set includes FFVIIAC Vincent's Cerberus, FFVIII Squall's Gunblade, FFVIII Seifer's Gunblade, and KH Sora's Kingdom Key (though I only opened the gunblades). All the weapons in the set come with a display stand, and the weapon's name and game it's from printed on the base.

The gunblades are probably the coolest and biggest ones. They're actually a lot bigger than I was expecting, maybe a 1/6 or 1/4 scale. The blade itself is made of metal, but the gun part is of plastic, though both are very detailed. With Squall's revolver you can actually pull out the bullet chamber thing with bullets actually loaded in it (though painted on). On Seifer's auto/pistol/handgun (what have you) it looks like you can actually remove the magazine/clip from his gun (though I haven't managed to pull it out just yet), plus the top part of the gun actually slides back (you know the one that releases the empty shell from the chamber). Also the hammer and trigger actually work on both gunblades, you can pull back the hammer and fire the trigger and it snaps back. Oddly enough though the gunblade's aren't referred to by the weapon's name just as Squall's Gunblade (Revolver) and Seifer's Gunblade (Hyperion).

Some pics

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:50 PM #773 of 800
Christ, that's almost $40USD for those things which means I'll pretty much be passing those up just like the Mechanical Arts and Creatures line. I mean they're a novel and interesting concept but given the size of the things they hardly a warrant a $20 pricetag let alone anything near $40.

While we're on the subject of the collectibles here's a look at the finished painted sculpts for the FFVII line:

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 02:04 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 01:04 AM #774 of 800
Haha, yea the Master Arms are a bit of a rip. But I'll definitely buy the Master Arms of Cloud's fusion swords, should that ever get a release.

The finished paint job looks awesome! That Cloud + Hardy Daytona is a must buy set for me. Can't wait to purchase that line of figures.

EDIT:
The Cerberus is about 5 an' half inches long (approx. 14 cm), which is probably a 1/6 or 1/4 scale.

The hinge on the bottom front (of the trigger) actually works, so you can lower the barrel(s) to check out the cylinders. Each cylinder holds 6 bullets, so since a tri-barrel the gun's got 18 shots total, it's like a revolver x 3. Also, like the gunblades, the hammer and trigger work too.

Some pics of the Cerberus, as well as comparisons.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Hantei; Jul 2, 2007 at 04:58 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 03:36 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 02:36 AM #775 of 800
Not exactly related to FF7, but holy crap!!!!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/se-shop/blog/

Yes they're exactly what you think they are, the ultimate/final weapons to their respective characters (Squall's Lionhart, Selphie's Strange Vision, Tidus' Caladbolg, Yuna's Nirvana, and Auron's Masamune)! No doubt that they are inscale with the Play Arts figures, they're a must buy for me!

Now it's only a matter of time before they annouce/make Cloud's fusion swords from AC as well as his Ultima Weapon from the game. Oh, could this also possibly mean a weapon for Rinoa too?!?!

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread