Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Signs Of It Being Over?

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:42 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2008, 05:42 PM #1 of 13
Signs Of It Being Over?

What are some of the signs you give or have received when the relationship is dying out? (EX. quietness, lack of enjoyment etc)

When does it come to the point where you have had enough with signs and hints and just tell out right?

What is the best way to bring them down? Phone? MSG? In Person? Or is there no difference how?

Just curious about other people's experiences.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by The Wise Vivi; Jul 3, 2008 at 05:45 PM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:50 PM 2 #2 of 13
I think the largest sign that the relationship is over is that you find yourself asking this question.

Most amazing jew boots
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:38 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2008, 06:38 PM #3 of 13
Good point. Mine isn't dying, I was just curious, as I have a couple friends who have been experiencing this kind of stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:45 PM 2 #4 of 13
<Dubble> you should tell vivi that the yawns and staring into blank spaceare usually dead giveaways

So there you go. If you notice a woman is less than interested in you, then maybe she really is less than interested in you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:10 PM #5 of 13
I never understood this. When I get sick of people, I lack all tact and tell them I'm kind of sick of them, and could they leave me alone now.

But understandably, most people aren't like that.

The majority of my experiences in watching a relationship slowly die in a fire is when couples start arguing a lot, or generally show some kind of disgust in one respect or another with their partner.

I don't understand what "bringing them down" means? Breaking up? Do it in person. Face to face. Don't be a coward.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2008, 07:46 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2008, 05:46 PM #6 of 13
or generally show some kind of disgust in one respect or another with their partner.
I've heard this elsewhere, too. The relationship's in trouble when contempt starts creeping in.

How ya doing, buddy?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 03:43 AM #7 of 13
Typically my instinct tells me when somethings up. Most of the time it just doesn't feel like the person is as close anymore, because of an argument or lack of interest or something like that.

FELIPE NO
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:32 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2008, 06:32 PM #8 of 13
I think the most important gauge people tend to ignore is their own feelings. When you don't feel happy being around the person you think you're in love with, you're not in love with them anymore and it's time to move on. When you're depressed being around them, the time you should have left has already came and went and you need some serious therapy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:06 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 02:06 PM 1 #9 of 13
A principle fact on reading people is that you should never go with what people tell to you, it's HOW they tell it to you.

Body language can tell a lot if you're unsure about your partners feelings.
Some general IODs (indicators of disinterest) are: Turning away a lot from you, not facing directly towards you when speaking, yawning when you speak, never initiating conversation with you when you stop talking, not keeping eye contact with you, keeping away from your touch, not initiating touch with you, moving away/leaning back when you come into her "zone", folding arms across his/her chest, not laughing as much as before (laughing is an indicator of interest) etc etc, the list is endless.
Of course, most of these IODs should be taken with a grain of salt as sometimes there are just reasons why people would for an example fold their arms (e.g. that it's cold or something) or maybe yawn, they are by no means a definite answer but I can tell you if you meet too many of these too frequently I can tell you that your partner has most probably already played with the thought of breaking up with you.

Sometimes you can even find yourself doing these, and if that's the case, just end it already.
It's better for both parts to end it quickly and not stay for too long in a deteriorating relationship.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:18 PM #10 of 13
Lack of communcation, talking about the same subjects all the time. Arguing over major matters with out compromise like religion or lack thereof.

Cultural issues that clash once you reach a point where they need to be talked about or addressed. Feelings of wanting to force a knife between the eyes of your girlfriend or no longer enjoying those personal moments.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:36 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 08:36 PM #11 of 13
Do you really feel that cultural differences to point of discussion are a reason? Please give me examples.

Most amazing jew boots
Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:26 PM #12 of 13
Sure to circumcise or not circumcise. To enjoy comming home to the smell of boiled squid or not.. They being the heavy and light end of the spectrum.

Body language is seen differently ( a cultural difference) sure that can be seen as a challange but it can also lead to a spliting of a couple. Some cultures go hand and hand and are easy to intermingle while others are straight out not meant to be. While we commend people who beat the odds in any case, it still can be an uphill battle and lead to a possible split.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:26 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2008, 10:26 PM #13 of 13
It just depends on the relationship. Sometimes resentment appears, one person gives more than the other. Arguments happen, things end up ugly.

It can slowly fade as well. Things you do together are boring, one person or both contemplate seeing other people. Intimacy fades, calls are less engaging, etc.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Signs Of It Being Over?