Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

can't install some games (not as n00b as you would think with that title)

pentatonic_blue
Wark!

Member 13243

Level 3.31

Sep 2006

Old Feb 1, 2007, 07:01 AM Local time: Feb 1, 2007, 10:01 PM #1 of 6
Thumbs down can't install some games (not as n00b as you would think with that title)

Ok I sat dow the other night thinking "man I would kill for a game of Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005 season" I had to install since I nice now have a new hard drive. SO I put the Cd in, ripe with the anticipation of hunting down a big fat deer with my trusty hunting bow, "Install" as soon as I click install the computer decides to close the launcher and do nothing.

So I think this could be due to the fancy new hardrive and maybe I should try flipping round the master and slave inside the machine since I've heard that new hardruives can be fickle like that but my Pc was crappily made and as a result there is literally no way to unplug and plug things - the cables are too squashed in and there is no room inside my pc (just to get the new hard drive in I had to take out the internal speaker)

So not being able to do that I tried making an Image of the cd so I could run it off my hard drive... nope, setup exe just won't run. I also tried to copy the contents of the Cd onto the hardrive and run from there but nothing.

SO anyone know what I can do to fix it? I gotta tag me some deer (that and a few other games don't work either but... who cares about them when you have deer hunt)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:16 AM Local time: Feb 1, 2007, 10:16 PM #2 of 6
Anything of importance pop up in your Event Viewer logs?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Cam
troll

Member 2604

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:13 AM Local time: Feb 1, 2007, 10:13 AM #3 of 6
Last time I had a program installation failure I used some logger to see the error (event viewer is a worthless piece of shit), but I don't remember wtf it was.

edit: think it was filemonNT, not sure though

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Cam; Feb 1, 2007 at 11:22 AM.
pentatonic_blue
Wark!

Member 13243

Level 3.31

Sep 2006

Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:56 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 04:56 PM #4 of 6
I just tried filemon, no errors or anything are showing up, its just as if it decides to not seem to open the installer. looking at the processes explorer opens reads and then closes the installer as soon as I click it

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by pentatonic_blue; Feb 3, 2007 at 02:09 AM.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:51 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 07:51 PM #5 of 6
Could be one of three things, based on my own experience:

1. There's a policy set in the system registry that expressly forbids you from running a particular application (though it may inform you, I don't remember)

2. You've got a nasty computer virus running around. Can you open Task Manager? Got any virus scanners?

3. Corrupt files on your CD. Consider downloading a copy off Bittorrent, and see if it works (this one hit me with SimCity 4 and Norton Systemworks 2005)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
pentatonic_blue
Wark!

Member 13243

Level 3.31

Sep 2006

Old Feb 3, 2007, 08:38 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 11:38 PM #6 of 6
Ok, i have the latest version of system works and that hasn't found any virusses lately, then again it haven't scanned lately either, but I'll try those ideas thanks

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > can't install some games (not as n00b as you would think with that title)