Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Puscifer

MakoAoyama

Member 25370

Level 5.43

Oct 2007

Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:53 PM #1 of 5
Puscifer

I'm just curious if anyone has heard of this and/or picked up the CD yet, since it came out on October 30th.

For those not in the know, its another side project of Maynard James Keenan(Tool, A Perfect Circle) only this one is quite a bit different. Check the website out here. You can listen to some of the tracks while you are there.

It's not bad from what I've heard so far, it's just way different from what we are used to seeing from him. It's nothing like Tool or APC.

What do you think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:12 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2007, 08:12 PM #2 of 5
I always enjoy Tool albums when they come out, and I've always known from interviews that Maynard is a pretty sharp fellow, but with this new project it's almost like he's stopped trying entirely and is just riding the wave of stupid Tool fans buying anything he touches. I've always thought that Tool's fans give the band much worse of a reputation than what they deserve, and it looks they Maynard caught up to that reputation.

How ya doing, buddy?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:16 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2007, 09:16 PM #3 of 5
I heard the song Cuntry Boner and I thought it was pretty damned funny. This is a side project designed not to be completely serious but just for a good time.

Originally Posted by Maynard James Keenan
"This is absolutely just put-it-on-and-move-your-butt -and-get-completely-out-of-your-head music," Keenan recently told MTV.com about the record. "This is purely body candy. It's meant to make you feel like I feel when I hear JAMES BROWN, when I hear some old JACKSON 5 or or ARETHA [FRANKLIN]. It's just that good feeling — music that makes you feel good. There's no math. Nothing wrong with math, but sometimes, it can be exhausting to be that forced, that focused. I'm a big KING CRIMSON fan, but only when I have the energy to be. Sometimes I just want to hear GNARLS BARKLEY."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
MakoAoyama

Member 25370

Level 5.43

Oct 2007

Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:36 PM #4 of 5
I think it was the new issue of Revolver that had an interview with Maynard in it about Puscifer. It's a strange interview, he talks about the project, why he did it, what's with all the merchandise for it(visit the website to know what I'm talking about), his winery, and what he thinks of the music industry in it's current state.

I actually went out and bought it after listening to some of the tracks on the website(hell it was only $10 at Best Buy). I'm listening to it now, I'll post my impressions after I've listened through all of it.

EDIT: Alright, finished. It's different to say the least. If you are familiar with Maynard's sense of humor, theres a lot of that on the CD. The tracks are really laid back, almost easy listening-ish. A lot of the lyrics seem to be really odd and just goofy( like "Show you the difference between my gun and my pistol" from the track DoZo). None of it's bad but you have to understand his humor and you have to go into it NOT thinking it will sound like Tool or APC. If you like the goofier side of Tool(like "Maynard's Dick" from the Opiate EP), you might like it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by MakoAoyama; Nov 3, 2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Fiished listening to CD, time for review!
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:31 AM Local time: Nov 4, 2007, 03:31 PM #5 of 5
I absolutely adore the one and only song I have by Puscifer (The Undertaker), i've never really looked into them (or it?) for some unknown reason, but i'll definitely check this album out. Thanks for the info!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Puscifer