Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best Place for Selling Comics?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 01:33 AM #1 of 4
Best Place for Selling Comics?

I have quite a collection of comics from over the years, all of it covered and most of it in mint condition. It's a pain to sell every single one on Ebay though, as I might get bogged down over the shipping and packaging charges.

I was wondering what the best way was to get rid of my comics, but sell them for what they're worth. I have some odds and ends, but a few rarities too (Trial of Venom, heh). Maybe an online place where I can post my entire list and let people pick what they want. Suggestions are welcome.

Also, if you're wondering why I don't keep the comics forever, there are three reasons:

1. A lot of these stories haven't aged well.

2. They take too much space; I'm into graphic novels mostly, for both price and size.

3. I have a photographic memory, and can recall nearly every single page and word. Seriously.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 01:16 AM #2 of 4
Well like you said, eBay. However sell them in lots instead of just single issues. Help save on shipping. And having to organize a thousand auctions.

Sign up for a comic specific forum. IE/ the Wizard forums and try to sell them through that.

You could try selling to dealers in your area, but you most likely won't get that much for them.

If you are really serious about it, rent out a table at a flea market/small local comic con and sell them that way. Lots of work and it will cost you money upfront though.

How ya doing, buddy?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:03 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 12:03 AM #3 of 4
Well, acid probably gave you all the answers you need. I heard cons are the way to go, or ask your local comics dealer for assistance.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:18 AM #4 of 4
Quote:
Well like you said, eBay. However sell them in lots instead of just single issues. Help save on shipping. And having to organize a thousand auctions.
Well, the problem is I don't have all the complete issues for every arc. For example, I'm one issue short from completing Maximum Carnage. Unless you mean to bundle various comics that may or may not have a connection (ie bundle various Spider-man books).

Quote:
You could try selling to dealers in your area, but you most likely won't get that much for them.
My closest comics store offered something along the lines of $.50 per book. No thanks.

Quote:
If you are really serious about it, rent out a table at a flea market/small local comic con and sell them that way. Lots of work and it will cost you money upfront though.
Already tried something like that; a garage sale. More lookers than buyers, that's for sure.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Best Place for Selling Comics?