Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

South Korean condom sales, motel bookings surge after North's nuclear test

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:48 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 08:18 AM #1 of 10
South Korean condom sales, motel bookings surge after North's nuclear test

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/1...clear-sex.html

Quote:
Condom sales and bookings at several of South Korea's pay-by-the-hour "love motels" surged in the aftermath of North Korea's nuclear test, according to statistics released in Seoul Thursday.

South Koreans are used to living in the shadow of war, and life has continued as normal across the country in the wake of the Oct. 9 explosion. But statistics on the number condoms sold in recent weeks suggest that despite their apparently blasé reaction to the North's nuclear bluster, many South Koreans may be seeking solace in sex.

A leading chain of convenience stores reported Thursday that their condom sales rose to an average of 1,930 a day in the week after Oct. 9, compared to 1,508 a day for the year to Sept. 30.

Sales of the prophylactics dropped slightly to 1,772 in the week of Oct. 16-21, but remained well above previous norms.

Another national chain said it sold $3,721 US worth of condoms a day during the week after the test — a 14.8 per cent rise over last month's sales figures, and a 12 per cent rise over the year to Sept. 30.

It was impossible to know whether the increase in sales was directly linked to a heightened sense of vulnerability or stress among South Koreans.

However, the head of the Korea Institute for Sex Education, Seong Gyeong-won, said it is not uncommon for people to seek comfort in the arms of a lover during times of crisis.

"People tend to have urges to procreate in times of extreme situations," she said. "Stress is released through sex … it's one of the top 10 reasons why sex is good for the body."

A popular online reservation site for South Korea's ubiquitous "love motels" - the popular term for lodgings built for clandestine rendezvous … also reported a rise in bookings immediately after the heightened security threat, according to a report in the mass-circulation newspaper Chobun Ilbo.

The motels are a fixture across South Korea. In one of the world's most densely populated countries, where extended families often live together, such accommodations provide a refuge for those seeking discreet intimate encounters.

But those who haven't already made their reservations will have to wait. The online system says it has no available slots until next month.
Well... this is interesting, test a nuclear weapon and suddenly everyone gets horny.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:47 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 10:47 PM #2 of 10
South Koreans tend to have hardons whenever they hear huge explosions.

They probably have a nationwide orgy fest on New Years day.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:01 AM #3 of 10
"Awww Fuck, it's the end of the world. Wanna do it with me?"

I could really imagine something like this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:02 PM #4 of 10
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
Did anyone else think maybe the virgins want to lose it before they die? But they're not exactly fucking savory people?
Thanks Devo...;_; (I don't know if you are talking about Koreans or virgins here)

A lot of people use sex to coupe with sex. I guess this is just a nation-wide application of this couping mechanism.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:05 PM #5 of 10
I think the big worry is, "What will South Koreans do should their condom producing factories get blown away and impede their sexual pursuits?"

Or, maybe that's their plan in some sick way? "We'll trick those rotten North Koreans into thinking that sex is our most prized act. Waste your nukes on our condom factories!"

Also, South Korea is notoriously known for producing very, very successful transgender operations. Their paitents/clients come out completely converted to the opposite sex. Minus the lack of certain biological functions.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 02:40 PM #6 of 10
Wow! I wish I was in Korea right now! Hmmm, imagine all the women I could get along with.

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me that this would be happening. everyone gets the urge to have sex when certain doom may be impeded on them sometime soon.

Its only a matter of time...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:49 PM #7 of 10
*mumbles* humans....
I guess that's just nature

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 10:21 PM #8 of 10
Of course it's just nature. Unless you were recently castrated or genitally-mutilated, there's a good chance that you want to fuck something ALIVE before everyone on the planet gets wiped the fuck out. I know that I like a good romp in the bedroom once in a while and I know that when bombs start getting tested up in Canada (And believe me, they will. Those Canadians are hiding something.) guess what the fuck I'M gonna do?

After all, half the fun of sex is making sure that the other person is IN ON THE ACTION. Otherwise, you're just fucking corpses.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > South Korean condom sales, motel bookings surge after North's nuclear test