Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Identifying Trailer Music [SoJ]

Arbok
Toho Mikado

Member 325

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:53 PM #1 of 7
Identifying Trailer Music [SoJ]

Not sure if this is the right board for this, and if it’s not I apologize in advance, but I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the trailer music that is attached in this thread? The film in question is the 2006 Sinking of Japan, and this music appears in the second part of the trailer.

I own the movie’s soundtrack, and neither theme from the trailer appears on the CD. The first cue on the advert was also a piece from the company Immediate Music, which leads me to believe that this is also from that firm although it’s only a hunch; I tried to listen to a lot of their music to find it, which is how I uncovered the first theme, but it has led me to come up empty handed.

So if anyone recognizes the music in the advert, I would be much appreciative if they could disclose what it might be.

Thanks in advance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:36 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 01:36 AM #2 of 7
It does sound like an Immediate Music cue, but as you said you did listen to a lot of their music in order to find it. Perhaps it's a newer cue which hasn't found it's way out to collectors yet. I havn't listened to James Horner's score to "Aliens" in a while but your cue does remind me of "Bishop's Countdown" from that score. Perhaps that part of the SoJ trailer is a mix of more than one track?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:45 PM #3 of 7
Quote:
What I found really disappointing about the release as a whole, though, was that the excellent trailer music, which utilized a chorus to great results, wasn't included. Something that was particularly disheartening as it was much more interesting than any of the music that ended up in the film, and pretty much sold me on the movie just from the pace it established for the promos. Given the 53 minute runtime of this disc too, space would have hardly been an issue in its inclusion. It does make me wonder, though, as to its origin. Perhaps it was merely a stock trailer theme, much like "Redrum" being utilized to promote Godzilla: Final Wars (2004). Regardless, the soundtrack as a whole is sure to please some people, although it's not one that many will find themselves listening to again and again.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/cd/sinkin...pan_victor.htm

It's not really helpful, haha. But it's somewhat of a direction.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Arbok
Toho Mikado

Member 325

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 08:14 PM #4 of 7
It does sound like an Immediate Music cue, but as you said you did listen to a lot of their music in order to find it. Perhaps it's a newer cue which hasn't found it's way out to collectors yet.
Possible, although I wouldn't discredit the possibility that I simply missed it too. When I was going through a lot of the music, I tended to skip around the themes to try and see if I could find it; I didn't really sit down and listen to every track from start to finish so perhaps I skipped over that particular segment in a theme or just missed it altogether.

I havn't listened to James Horner's score to "Aliens" in a while but your cue does remind me of "Bishop's Countdown" from that score. Perhaps that part of the SoJ trailer is a mix of more than one track?
Quite possibly, although I don't think the firm would spring for music from a US score due to costs, but it's not out of the question.

EDIT: Hearing the "Bishop's Countdown" theme after this, I must say that a part of it does sound very much like the trailer music (around 1:10-1:20 on Horner's track). I don't think it's the same, but it's quite obvious that whoever created the trailer music was "inspired" by that theme.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/cd/sinkin...pan_victor.htm

It's not really helpful, haha. But it's somewhat of a direction.
...I wrote that review.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Arbok; Mar 19, 2007 at 08:54 PM.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 08:18 PM #5 of 7
Haha. My bad. My bad. That was really creepy though =X

I was speaking idiomatically.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Arbok
Toho Mikado

Member 325

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:52 AM #6 of 7
Perhaps that part of the SoJ trailer is a mix of more than one track?
To follow up on this, you are dead right. While listening to more of the Immediate Music from start to finish, I uncovered that the very end of the trailer music is from a track called "Raised From the Dead". Now I just need to locate what theme starts off here.

Most amazing jew boots
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 08:40 PM #7 of 7
Yeah it did sound a bit too disjointed to be one track. The sound was the same but it was like completly different instruments playing at an elevated tempo or something.

http://www.filmmusic.com/trailers/ is a very good resource for finding who did what trailer music, but sadly only for mainstream US films. Still it might help you out if you're the type of person to loose sleep over trying to identify trailer music... ...I know I am

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Identifying Trailer Music [SoJ]