Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Who's Gonna Win?
Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. walks over DC's S.H.A.D.E. 3 30.00%
DC's bigger world (population) trumps Marvel 3 30.00%
DC loses, but Batman and Luthor wage guerilla warfare 2 20.00%
It depends (please state the outcome in your post) 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

DC vs. Marvel (Conventional Warfare)

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 01:55 AM #1 of 10
DC vs. Marvel (Conventional Warfare)

We've pretty much had crossovers between these two universes, with heroes and villains fighting against each other. The JLA and JSA have clashed on occasion with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men.

I pose this question. Without metahuman (defined as anybody with superpowers, be they from magic, radiation, or genetics) support, who would win in a fight?

No support allowed from space-faring allies (Kree, Skrull, Daxam, Rann, Thanagar) or cosmic entities (Thanos, Darkseid). Capes with no powers (Batman, Captain America) are allowed to participate (no flapping red Superman undies). The Marvel Universe referred here is the mainstream 616 one.

I'm not sure if OMACs are considered 'metahuman' or not. Arguably, Doombots and the Iron Legion can be brought in against them :P Technology achieved by each Universe is allowed, even from alien origin, if it has been shown to be used in conventional applications. Marvel may use its Sentinels; DC may use the Rocket Reds.

At any rate, do state your views on why you chose a particular outcome (DC winning, Marvel winning, other) for discussion purposes

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Sep 4, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:58 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 11:58 AM #2 of 10
Originally Posted by Zergrinch
We've pretty much had crossovers between these two universes, with heroes and villains fighting against each other. The JLA and JSA have clashed on occasion with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men.

I pose this question. Without metahuman (defined as anybody with superpowers, be they from magic, radiation, or genetics) support, who would win in a fight?
DC. Because DC has Batman, and Batman always wins. Even against metahumans. Conventional warfare should be a walk in the park.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 01:04 PM #3 of 10
I would like to point out that somewhere in Batman's computer there is probably a file detailing the perfect strategy for his universe if it were to, for some unknown reason, fall into war with another universe that is exactly like 616. There are also probably several similar files for wars against various other universes. He has these files just in case.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 07:25 PM #4 of 10
Yeah, along the lines of "I keep track of these things, Clark, one of us has to."

Hm, if metahumans were allowed, I'd go for draw (since DC's tights are generally more powerful and better organized but 616 has a mutant around virtually every corner). Without them, yes, I guess DC would cut it. Batman + New Genesis tech sounds pretty definite to me.

How ya doing, buddy?
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 02:27 PM #5 of 10
Something tells me this would largely come down to Bats vs Doom....

- WraithTwo -

I was speaking idiomatically.
melkor
Des Selbst Teufels

Member 9319

Level 3.31

Jul 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 02:15 AM #6 of 10
Marvel victory.... Stark leading an Army of those new Sentinels, would level DC...

It'd take some time of course. If only meta-humans and Cosmic entities were allowed...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by melkor; Sep 4, 2006 at 03:56 PM.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 06:00 PM #7 of 10
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
Something tells me this would largely come down to Bats vs Doom....
It is DOOM who will lead Marvel to victory! All fun aside, these kind of battles always depend. Do the respective universes know that they're going to fight each other? Do they know everything the other side has? Where is the field of battle? All of these factors need to be determined. So, I can't really say for sure.

FELIPE NO
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 02:41 PM #8 of 10
Interesting.

So you folks are saying, the outcome would differ whether the battles took place in the Marvel Universe, or in the DC Universe? Let's assume both sides don't know about each other, and that both sides happen to have their most advanced tech (no cheating with off-world tech like zeta beams, mother boxes, and kree tech).

From the channel chat, Happy is pretty much convinced that SHIELD and the ONE Sentinels, combined with conventional armies and such can mop the floor with anything DC throws at it. I begged to differ, and thought Batman and Luthor could wage a dandy war against the Marvelites. (Doom is not allowed to use magic - this is a conventional thing.)

I guess the question I'm asking here is, which universe has better tech available to their respective countries, and stand a better chance against invaders? For instance, is Blackhawk tech as good as Wakandan tech, or Latveria tech superior to Lexcorp tech?

Originally Posted by melkor
If only meta-humans and Cosmic entities were allowed...
Other interesting things related to this publisher pairing would be:
  • DC vs Marvel, cosmic entities and spacefarers (Darkseid, Green Lanterns, Thanagar etc. vs. Nova Corps, Shi'ar, Galactus etc.)
  • DC vs Marvel, magic and religion (Zatanna, Captain Marvel, Neron etc. vs. Dr. Strange, Thor, Mephisto etc.)
  • DC vs Marvel, children only - below 18 (Teen Titans, Legion etc. vs. Young Avengers, Runaways etc.)
But that's another topic, don't you think?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Sep 5, 2006 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 03:12 PM #9 of 10
As for tech. I'm with the ultimate marvel U.

Spoiler:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:00 AM #10 of 10
Originally Posted by Zergrinch
I guess the question I'm asking here is, which universe has better tech available to their respective countries, and stand a better chance against invaders? For instance, is Blackhawk tech as good as Wakandan tech, or Latveria tech superior to Lexcorp tech?
Blackhawk tech? The battle is cross-time?

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > DC vs. Marvel (Conventional Warfare)