Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This Week In Comics (for April 26, 2006)

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 07:34 PM #1 of 7
This Week In Comics (for April 26, 2006)

This week I'll be getting:

1) Batman #652
2) Blue Beetle #2
3) Catwoman #54
4) Ion #1
5) Amazing Spider-Man #531
6) Annihilation: Ronan #1
7) Astonishing X-Men #14
8) Black Panther #15
9) Fantastic Four #537
10) Four #29
11) Incredible Hulk #94
12) New Avengers Annual #1
13) Sentry #8
14) Storm #3
15) Ultimate Fantastic Four #29
16) Wolverine #41
17) X-Factor #6
18) Spawn #155
19) Wizard #176

A heavy week for me. This will cost me about $60.

xman25

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:42 PM #2 of 7
You're not getting Previews?!

Should I comment on some of what you're ordering? I will assume that this is the purpose of this thread, mainly because I don't have the luxury of waiting to find out.

Batman is a decent issue. I have a couple of problems with it, but to explain, I'd have to use more time.

Although I did not actually pick up Amazing Spider-Man, I will assume that it is much like it has been. I'm sure it's a nice Civil War lead-in and all, but I don't really see it being worth it in the long run.

Astonishing X-Men is an utter mess. I had such hopes for this run on the X-Men when the team took the mag at issue #1. But with this bi-monthly second year, they have destroyed the enjoyability of the mag that started our so great.

Fantastic Four is a nice read. To me, too little happens to make buying the mag really worthwhile...though I wish we could have known that sooner.

And Ultimate Fantastic Four is just a mess. There are some good moments, but as a whole, the story doesn't really work.

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:38 PM #3 of 7
What happened to Action Comics #838? It was scheduled to ship this week and Newsarama even had a preview of the issue but it's nowhere to be seen on Diamond's shipping list and no change on the DC Comics website....?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:50 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 11:50 PM #4 of 7
I'll definately be picking up Batman (as that's what I do), even if the last few issues have been a little weak. Astonishing X-Men is sitll a must read for me (although I do hope it picks up soon. And Whedon gets his shit together and make it a monthly). New Avengers is consistently great, and if the Annual is half as good as the USM one, it'll be more than worth it. And Wizard. Because you have to buy Wizard.

So, are we like ever going to see Ultimates 2 #11/#12? Possibly the best written superheo book out there, and we have to endure inexcusable wait times.

Oh well, maybe Ultimates 3 will ship a little better. Oh right. Madueria is working on it.

:issue #2 ships in 2009:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 01:56 PM #5 of 7
I also got the Villians United Infinite Crisis Special. I forgot to put that down on my list.

xman25

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:57 PM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by Simo
What happened to Action Comics #838? It was scheduled to ship this week and Newsarama even had a preview of the issue but it's nowhere to be seen on Diamond's shipping list and no change on the DC Comics website....?
I don't know, but DC even included it in that "other notable comics this week" right under Didio's column. What I would assume is that it was some somehow delayed last minute and no one has gotten around to telling anyone else. I'd have to check CBR to be sure, but I don't have time for that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:37 AM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
I don't know, but DC even included it in that "other notable comics this week" right under Didio's column. What I would assume is that it was some somehow delayed last minute and no one has gotten around to telling anyone else. I'd have to check CBR to be sure, but I don't have time for that.
No worries, I found out it did get bumped back a week and is now in Diamond's shipping list for May 3rd so all is good for now.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > This Week In Comics (for April 26, 2006)